What are you playing right now?

1 hour ago, The Hero of Masks said:

What is your fave Zelda game?

Right now, it’s Breath of the Wild. While I miss the dungeons, the overall atmosphere of the game is just amazing. It’s so calm and peaceful at times, yet violent and crazy at other times, and always with a hint of melancholy. I love exploring hidden corners, and just generally wandering around. I really like making my own stories up when playing games like this, and BotW is perfect for it. You can be a Sheikah, or a fisherman, or a prison runaway with some imagination. 

And the game itself is so calming! The water sound coupled with the waterside shrine music is just amazing. Once I spent a whole playthrough just riding my horse around Hyrule Field, and I have no regrets. And the landscape itself is just beautiful. Watching the sun set over the sloping hills down to Hyrule Field is just magical. I wish I could play it blind all over again. 

8 hours ago, The Hero of Masks said:

What is your fave Zelda game?

That's a hard one, it depends on what mood I'm in. Maybe Majora's Mask. It had brilliant atmosphere, great side quests and I liked the collectibles. It was visually memorable with the moon and the mask. Being able to play as other characters was awesome. 

Recently it's been either Links Awakening or Breath of the Wild on the Switch though. I haven't actually completed BOTW so I'll need to get on that!

What about you??

9 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Right now, it’s Breath of the Wild. While I miss the dungeons, the overall atmosphere of the game is just amazing. It’s so calm and peaceful at times, yet violent and crazy at other times, and always with a hint of melancholy. I love exploring hidden corners, and just generally wandering around. I really like making my own stories up when playing games like this, and BotW is perfect for it. You can be a Sheikah, or a fisherman, or a prison runaway with some imagination. 

And the game itself is so calming! The water sound coupled with the waterside shrine music is just amazing. Once I spent a whole playthrough just riding my horse around Hyrule Field, and I have no regrets. And the landscape itself is just beautiful. Watching the sun set over the sloping hills down to Hyrule Field is just magical. I wish I could play it blind all over again. 

I'll second all of this.  I'll probably have to get a switch when BOTW2 finally drops, because BOTW was so good that I don't want to miss out on the sequel.

after BOTW though, my favorites are probablyt eh Gameboy/Color games.  Link's Awakening (DX is fine, but I hate the graphics on the switch version) and the Oracle games are fantastic.

Least favorite is between spirit tracks and skyward sword

Edited by Dunkum

On 1/27/2020 at 7:40 AM, Draginon said:

Finished Kingdom Hearts III ReMIND last night and the endings (this is a series where you get ending after ending. KH3 gives us the ending, the epilogue ending, the secret ending, the ReMIND ending, the Limit Cut ending and the 2 endings of Secret Episode) just leave me more confused where this story is going. I’ve never really been confused by stuff in this series but ReMIND got me on the confused train everyone seems to be on. Putting the story elements left to pick up in spoiler since it involves the Secret Episode 

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, by the time you get to the end of everything there’s two very distinct stories left and I just can’t figure out how Nomura is going to blend them into one story. The first story is the Foretellers returning, Luxu fulfilling his ‘role’ and the Master of Masters. The other story is the Verum Rex/Yozora story. Verum Rex is pretty much FFVersusXIII in Kingdom Hearts so much so that the music when fighting Yozora is a Final Fantasy version of Destati. It’s going to be interesting where the Yozora stuff will go since ReMIND is setting it up as important since Riku’s been having a dream, pretty much the Secret ending, and then Secret Episode is a fight against Yozora in Shibuya. Also in the two endings Sora and Yozora share the line “I’ve been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real or not?” which is the very first thing spoken way back in KH1. Then one in the ‘Sora wins’ ending a man who looks like Luxord is Yozora’s chauffeur making him a doozy now.

One reason the Yozora stuff is being so prominent now is the fact that Nomura’s had the script for KH3 done for a few years, he was just waiting on Pixar to get back, and by the time the game started development he was taken off of Versus XIII and it was completely changed from his vision so he’s probably a bit angry about it. You can tell he really wants to tell that story but can’t as a Final Fantasy game so he’s incorporating it into Kingdom Hearts. He obviously couldn’t just add it into KH3 because the script was finalized so the most he could do was the Verum Rex stuff in Toy Story and the secret ending until he could write the script for ReMIND to properly introduce this stuff.

Whatever happens this series is taking a turn left field for the next game.

ReMIND spoilers

Spoiler

Yeah I saw that ending! Haven't actually opened my copy of KH3 yet, though. I realized it made so much sense to name Versus 13, if Organization XIII was going to be a thing. Like it's literally setting up the conflict in the title. Plans definitely had to be changed, and I'm a little sad about that, but at least we got both games! 

@Dunkum when you get that Switch, I also highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Fire Emblem Three Houses. With those two games you'll get your money's worth out of the Switch. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

6 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

ReMIND spoilers

Hide contents

Yeah I saw that ending! Haven't actually opened my copy of KH3 yet, though. I realized it made so much sense to name Versus 13, if Organization XIII was going to be a thing. Like it's literally setting up the conflict in the title. Plans definitely had to be changed, and I'm a little sad about that, but at least we got both games! 

@Dunkum

Spoiler

Well the reason it was called Versus XIII was because it was supposed to be connected to FFXIII since there were going to be Fal’Cie, L’Cie, Etro and other stuff from the Fabula Nova Crysallis mythos but by the time it became FFXV all that stuff was taken out so that it could be its own thing. It’s similar to how Type-0 was originally named Agito XIII since it was connected as well before being renamed.

Hopefully X[chi] and Dark Road shed a little more light on the Yozora stuff otherwise we’re going to have to wait until 3.5 or 4 to get to Shibuya.

3 hours ago, Draginon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well the reason it was called Versus XIII was because it was supposed to be connected to FFXIII since there were going to be Fal’Cie, L’Cie, Etro and other stuff from the Fabula Nova Crysallis mythos but by the time it became FFXV all that stuff was taken out so that it could be its own thing. It’s similar to how Type-0 was originally named Agito XIII since it was connected as well before being renamed.

Hopefully X[chi] and Dark Road shed a little more light on the Yozora stuff otherwise we’re going to have to wait until 3.5 or 4 to get to Shibuya.

I remember that, but also with Organization XIII being a thing, and knowing what we know now, it feels oddly appropriate. Either way I'm curious to see what the next step is and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

7 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I cannot stress this enough. Play Three Houses. It's amazing.

i have complex feelings about fire emblem.  on the one hand its a fun enough game, but on the other hand, I hate losing people which makes me endlessly replay the same levels to the point of frustration.  also, the first fire emblem i played, the one they released back on the game boy advance, had this annoyign thing where eliwood was basically required in the last level against the dragon, but for me his growth was absolutely pathetic - he was always my weakest lord.  it made that fight really annoying.

9 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

A few hours into Dragon Quest VIII and I can't believe I didn't start on this series before. Games like this one make me realize that hundreds of twists and turns are not a requirement for a great story. It's just so relaxing to go through.

I tried playing that game back when I had a PS2 and I couldn’t believe how slow the leveling up was. For the first boss I needed to be level 5 just to have enough money to buy potions and to have enough hp to survive and it took me a couple hours just to get that off of enemies only giving out 1 & 2 EXP, even when you get halfway through the basic Slime still gives out 1 EXP which sucks when you’re grinding. I did manage to get pretty far into the game but the grinding killed it for me since I didn’t like having to stop the story for around 5 hours just to be strong enough to survive the bosses.

4 hours ago, Dunkum said:

i have complex feelings about fire emblem.  on the one hand its a fun enough game, but on the other hand, I hate losing people which makes me endlessly replay the same levels to the point of frustration.  also, the first fire emblem i played, the one they released back on the game boy advance, had this annoyign thing where eliwood was basically required in the last level against the dragon, but for me his growth was absolutely pathetic - he was always my weakest lord.  it made that fight really annoying.

Lucky for you, then, that Three Housed has the glorious Divine Pulse

4 hours ago, Draginon said:

I tried playing that game back when I had a PS2 and I couldn’t believe how slow the leveling up was. For the first boss I needed to be level 5 just to have enough money to buy potions and to have enough hp to survive and it took me a couple hours just to get that off of enemies only giving out 1 & 2 EXP, even when you get halfway through the basic Slime still gives out 1 EXP which sucks when you’re grinding. I did manage to get pretty far into the game but the grinding killed it for me since I didn’t like having to stop the story for around 5 hours just to be strong enough to survive the bosses.

Weird, something must have changed in the 3ds version since I don't remember ever getting so little experience. And in the first three bosses I've barely grinded. Quality of Life improvements I guess.

On 2/16/2020 at 4:37 AM, Wander89 said:

That's a hard one, it depends on what mood I'm in. Maybe Majora's Mask. It had brilliant atmosphere, great side quests and I liked the collectibles. It was visually memorable with the moon and the mask. Being able to play as other characters was awesome. 

Recently it's been either Links Awakening or Breath of the Wild on the Switch though. I haven't actually completed BOTW so I'll need to get on that!

What about you??

My favorite is definitely Majoras Mask. But my top three would be, Majoras Mask, Twilight Princes, and Ocarina of Time. Dont get me wrong guys i love Breath of the Wild, it's graphics and game-play are impeccable! .it just has nothing in common with the original story. Not that it has to be exactly the same, but it should have SOMETHING! I mean the TriForce is not even MENTIONED at all. but other than that i actually do love the game and i am pumped for the sequel to come out. its just i wouldn't say it is one of my favorite ZELDA games. If you know what i mean. Tell me i'm not the only one with this opinion. :unsure::)

My favorite is definitely Majoras Mask. But my top three would be, Majoras Mask, Twilight Princes, and Ocarina of Time. Dont get me wrong guys i love Breath of the Wild, it's graphics and game-play are impeccable! .it just has nothing in common with the original story. Not that it has to be exactly the same, but it should have SOMETHING! I mean the TriForce is not even MENTIONED at all. but other than that i actually do love the game and i am pumped for the sequel to come out. its just i wouldn't say it is one of my favorite ZELDA games. If you know what i mean. Tell me i'm not the only one with this opinion. :unsure::)

Can't say I agree with it, but I see where you are coming from.  its definitely the least Zelda-like Zelda game I've played, and that list includes Zelda 2 (side note: if they have to remake older Zelda games, that one is near the top of my list; most of the series is great as-is, but that one could really benefit from a graphics and controls upgrade at least to SNES levels).  but then Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and it doesn't have much Zelda specific stuff going on in its storyline either. for that matter, i don't recall much mention of the triforce in Majora's Mask, though structurally those 2 bear more resemblance to most of the other games with their dungeons and equipment.

8 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

Can't say I agree with it, but I see where you are coming from.  its definitely the least Zelda-like Zelda game I've played, and that list includes Zelda 2 (side note: if they have to remake older Zelda games, that one is near the top of my list; most of the series is great as-is, but that one could really benefit from a graphics and controls upgrade at least to SNES levels).  but then Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and it doesn't have much Zelda specific stuff going on in its storyline either. for that matter, i don't recall much mention of the triforce in Majora's Mask, though structurally those 2 bear more resemblance to most of the other games with their dungeons and equipment.

Okay, Okay, i get your point. but i hope you and anybody else who is reading this gets what i'm saying for the most part. I also just want you guys to know that i am not trying to bash on Breath of The Wild in any way. Like i said before, Down below,

Dont get me wrong guys i love Breath of the Wild, it's graphics and game-play are impeccable!.

and i LOOOVE the DLC! i wont spoil (since that is one of my petpives) but i really do like the game,:) i just wish it had more original [Zelda] aspects in it.