What are you playing right now?

9 hours ago, Briar King said:

Really wonky camera and atrocious mouthing and teeth but otherwise it looks really pretty. Some slight graphical glitch on leg when wearing trench coat. Very wordy quest dialogue really flesh it out! Hell I haven’t even left Serene yet.

I had to turn the camera sensitivity right down for it to be tolerable and I agree with the dialogue. You're there for ages just listening to a conversation! It took me roughly 2.5/3 hours to leave Serene after doing the quests.

Ok. Greed Fall I’m really digging this game! Despite its many janky flaws(please patch!) this game is excelling in the story telling/world building department. I’m absorbing myself in every quest I come across. I haven’t even set foot outside the walls of the 1st city on the island and I still have things I need/want to do before I do. Happy with this buy so far.

just needs some patch work done.

17 hours ago, Briar King said:

Ok. Greed Fall I’m really digging this game! Despite its many janky flaws(please patch!) this game is excelling in the story telling/world building department. I’m absorbing myself in every quest I come across. I haven’t even set foot outside the walls of the 1st city on the island and I still have things I need/want to do before I do. Happy with this buy so far.

just needs some patch work done.

It's pretty big for an approx 12gb game. I'm sorta overwhelmed by the question marks but some of them are only staircases and taverns so that's not so bad....

Update on my Kingdom Hearts challenge. I’m now Level 46 at 31 hours on Destiny Islands. Almost to Level 47 and it’s at the point of needing around 6000 EXP to level up and close to 2 hours now. I am seriously going to be ripping through everything once I leave the Islands.

After finishing this I’m just going to play FF12 The Zodiac Age to have a break from Kingdom Hearts. Already figured out which jobs I’ll have the characters use so I’m ready for it.

18 hours ago, Draginon said:

Update on my Kingdom Hearts challenge. I’m now Level 46 at 31 hours on Destiny Islands. Almost to Level 47 and it’s at the point of needing around 6000 EXP to level up and close to 2 hours now. I am seriously going to be ripping through everything once I leave the Islands.

After finishing this I’m just going to play FF12 The Zodiac Age to have a break from Kingdom Hearts. Already figured out which jobs I’ll have the characters use so I’m ready for it.

Never played Kingdom Hearts so have always wanted to start but now sure how dated it would be. Final Fantasy 12 is the one I could not get into it and I think it was the battle system.

I'm engrossed in Greedfall now but just totally unsure whether to complete exploration when going to new areas before quests or just quest along and open the areas as I progress. It's a beautiful-looking game though, I just hope there's a point I get pulled into the story.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, Wander89 said:

Never played Kingdom Hearts so have always wanted to start but now sure how dated it would be. Final Fantasy 12 is the one I could not get into it and I think it was the battle system.

I'm engrossed in Greedfall now but just totally unsure whether to complete exploration when going to new areas before quests or just quest along and open the areas as I progress. It's a beautiful-looking game though, I just hope there's a point I get pulled into the story.

The story holds up pretty well to be honest, it’s when you get to KH2 everything starts going off the rails. Gameplay wise it’s primitive when compared to the newer games but it has a charm with how simple Sora’s attacks are as a novice fighter.

One thing I didn’t like about FF12 OG version was the gambit system, the thing where you decide your party members actions by importance. Zodiac Age completely overhauled the battle system by getting rid of the License Board and replacing it with the Zodiac Board, it’s a job system where each of the 12 boards is a different job. At a glance both systems work the same but functionally it’s different since in the original everyone has access to everything while the jobs limit them to certain abilities, weapons and spells. Definitely worth giving a second chance if you enjoy the job systems of the older games.

2 minutes ago, Draginon said:

The story holds up pretty well to be honest, it’s when you get to KH2 everything starts going off the rails. Gameplay wise it’s primitive when compared to the newer games but it has a charm with how simple Sora’s attacks are as a novice fighter.

One thing I didn’t like about FF12 OG version was the gambit system, the thing where you decide your party members actions by importance. Zodiac Age completely overhauled the battle system by getting rid of the License Board and replacing it with the Zodiac Board, it’s a job system where each of the 12 boards is a different job. At a glance both systems work the same but functionally it’s different since in the original everyone has access to everything while the jobs limit them to certain abilities, weapons and spells. Definitely worth giving a second chance if you enjoy the job systems of the older games.

i really like the gambit system personally - in most RPGs, by the end you are just mashing the confirm button to attack your basic enemies (or i am at least), and only bosses actually require any semblance of strategy, gambit system just made that part easier - allowing your party to autoattack and autoheal unless you needed to take control.

6 hours ago, Draginon said:

I think KH would be a game I'd like to get into, if I wasn't playing about 1 million other games at the same time! Same with Final Fantasy. After XV (Which I really enjoyed), I'm needing a new FF.

12 hours ago, Draginon said:

12 hours ago, Dunkum said:

i really like the gambit system personally - in most RPGs, by the end you are just mashing the confirm button to attack your basic enemies (or i am at least), and only bosses actually require any semblance of strategy, gambit system just made that part easier - allowing your party to autoattack and autoheal unless you needed to take control.

The job system is what is making me curious (loved bravely default and bravely second), but the gambit system is what keeps turning me away from ff12 without trying it. I am very particular about what my characters do and when. When I played Dragon Quest 11 I would get annoyed that the default is that the AI controls my other characters and would turn it off as soon as possible. So I am concerned I will feel the same way if I play FF12. 

16 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Are those games much good? I was looking into them and- holy moley that soundtrack is straight fire. I tried out the BD demo, and I really enjoyed it, and I might have to play it after I finish FE: Awakening.

I loved them both. The job system is awesome, both with mechanically what you can do with it, and the awesome costumes for the men and the women. The story gets repetitive, but there is an in story reason for it, that I cannot say otherwise it will be a massive spoiler. But if you can push through the repetition, everything else is amazing. Seriously cannot wait till the next one. All they have done so far is hint that they are working on it. 

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I loved them both. The job system is awesome, both with mechanically what you can do with it, and the awesome costumes for the men and the women. The story gets repetitive, but there is an in story reason for it, that I cannot say otherwise it will be a massive spoiler. But if you can push through the repetition, everything else is amazing. Seriously cannot wait till the next one. All they have done so far is hint that they are working on it. 

Coolio! I think I still have a ways to go on Awakening, but after that- Bravely Default, unless some game on the Switch wows me...

9 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Coolio! I think I still have a ways to go on Awakening, but after that- Bravely Default, unless some game on the Switch wows me...

To give you an example of a build you can do with the job system that is insane (but I will spoil tag it just in case you want to experiment for yourself)

Spoiler

Combine Death Knight and Spell Fencer. Cast Lift Drain on your Sword resulting in every attack giving you health based on the damage you deal. Then use the Death Knights ability (forgot the name) that does a ton of damage, but also damages you for the same amount and keeps attacking till you have no more life to give. Since it counts as a weapon attack, the life drain spell activates with each attack. So you deal massive damage, but heal that amount when you would have taken that damage, giving you 4 to 5 free big damage attacks without dying. 

Just now, Pathfinder said:

To give you an example of a build you can do with the job system that is insane (but I will spoil tag it just in case you want to experiment for yourself)

Reveal hidden contents

Combine Death Knight and Spell Fencer. Cast Lift Drain on your Sword resulting in every attack giving you health based on the damage you deal. Then use the Death Knights ability (forgot the name) that does a ton of damage, but also damages you for the same amount and keeps attacking till you have no more life to give. Since it counts as a weapon attack, the life drain spell activates with each attack. So you deal massive damage, but heal that amount when you would have taken that damage, giving you 4 to 5 free big damage attacks without dying. 

That's some spicy stuff.