What are you playing right now?

1 hour ago, Wander89 said:

Kingdom Hearts is one that I really want to get into but I've heard such mixed reviews, especially with continuity. I just really want to play X again now though....

Well Nomura does do some retcon in the newer games, but a handful of the retcons are actually translation mistakes (one being in 2 where Donald and Goofy say his majesty banished Pete but in Japanese it was gender neutral and when Birth By Sleep happened it turned out to have been her majesty so the translators chose the wrong gender) but overall the series is enjoyable to play. Luckily it’s all available in one set called The Story So Far which has everything before 3

1 hour ago, Wander89 said:

Kingdom Hearts is one that I really want to get into but I've heard such mixed reviews, especially with continuity. I just really want to play X again now though....

Well Nomura does do some retcon in the newer games, but a handful of the retcons are actually translation mistakes (one being in 2 where Donald and Goofy say his majesty banished Pete but in Japanese it was gender neutral and when Birth By Sleep happened it turned out to have been her majesty so the translators chose the wrong gender) but overall the series is enjoyable to play. Luckily it’s all available in one set called The Story So Far which has everything before 3

On 6/22/2019 at 8:58 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I’m playing Hollow Knight right now on the switch, and I gotta say, it’s a really fun (if not a bit frustrating) game!

Same! I think the reason I continue playing it despite the frustrating moments is the fact that it feels so fair. Like, it's not the game screwing me over, but rather my own mistakes. Add the fact that the difficulty doesn't feel at all artificial. Where are you in the game, if I might ask?

Still making my way through Skyward Sword.  Its fun enough, but it really suffers in comparison to literally every other console Zelda released since the SNES.  For example, I would gladly trade in Fi for Navi in a heartbeat.  Fi is, 100%, the worst guide they have had in any of the games I have played.  I've got a hadnful of other girpes of varying levels of importance, as well.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Same! I think the reason I continue playing it despite the frustrating moments is the fact that it feels so fair. Like, it's not the game screwing me over, but rather my own mistakes. Add the fact that the difficulty doesn't feel at all artificial. Where are you in the game, if I might ask?

Spoiler

Alright, so I’ve gotten the mantis claw, monarch wings, seal of the king, a lot o’ seals, a level 3 Sword, and I just got to Deepnest, where I’ve been abducted by these priest spider thingies. I know exactly what you mean by the game being fair though! I was just trying to beat the Watcher Knights, and failed miserably, but it was really due to the fact that I was underprepared and inexperienced enough that I couldn’t beat them (I may just be bad at the game:P), not because the boss was super difficult. I love the plot too, or rather the lack of it. I’m still in the dark about so many things, but hints let me start to see the bigger picture. I’m really excited to see what happens, especially because I know the plot becomes clearer near the end of the game!

59 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

Still making my way through Skyward Sword.  Its fun enough, but it really suffers in comparison to literally every other console Zelda released since the SNES.  For example, I would gladly trade in Fi for Navi in a heartbeat.  Fi is, 100%, the worst guide they have had in any of the games I have played.  I've got a hadnful of other girpes of varying levels of importance, as well.

AMEN, I wish Fi just wasn’t even a thing. Skyward Sword is fun, but has a lot of things I could do without. I think it’s the kind of game that was meant for beginners, someone new to LoZ.

27 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

AMEN, I wish Fi just wasn’t even a thing. Skyward Sword is fun, but has a lot of things I could do without. I think it’s the kind of game that was meant for beginners, someone new to LoZ.

there is a lot of hand holding going on in the game for sure.  and Fi is constantly telling me things that I knew days ago.  the game is fun, when it allows itself to be, but then it sticks a bunch of little things in the way of that, like Fi's constant exposition dumps, or the way you have to constantly go back to the isle of songs - an empty tower with nothing intersting going on in it.

9 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

There’s really a lack of different places, just the main three...

that too, and not much in the way of exploration to speak of either.  so far it seems like if you play the game through, you'll hit pretty much the whole map.  you have to, there is no way not to.

12 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:
  Hide contents

Alright, so I’ve gotten the mantis claw, monarch wings, seal of the king, a lot o’ seals, a level 3 Sword, and I just got to Deepnest, where I’ve been abducted by these priest spider thingies. I know exactly what you mean by the game being fair though! I was just trying to beat the Watcher Knights, and failed miserably, but it was really due to the fact that I was underprepared and inexperienced enough that I couldn’t beat them (I may just be bad at the game:P), not because the boss was super difficult. I love the plot too, or rather the lack of it. I’m still in the dark about so many things, but hints let me start to see the bigger picture. I’m really excited to see what happens, especially because I know the plot becomes clearer near the end of the game!

Oh- you're actually a bit further than me.:P

12 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I was just trying to beat the Watcher Knights, and failed miserably,

Heh. Heh heh. Heh...

Yeah, I’ve spent probably four hours of playtime trying to beat them. It’s an insane boss fight.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Oh- you're actually a bit further than me.:P

Oh, whoops:P

41 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Heh. Heh heh. Heh...

Yeah, I’ve spent probably four hours of playtime trying to beat them. It’s an insane boss fight.

I looked up videos on how to beat them, but the players were absolutely loaded with stuff, and proabably upgrades their sword a lot higher than mine. Those guys might be the toughest boss I’ve ever faced, so I’m interested to see how long it’s going to end up taking me to beat them!

Spoiler

Not to mention the fact that Lurien the Watcher is right after them...

Actually, I don’t know if s/he is a boss, so don’t tell me!

Finishing up Trails of Cold Steel Remaster while also occasionally playing Valkyria Chronicles 4. When Cold Steel is done, going to possibly start Trails of Cold Steel 2 while finishing Vakyria 4. Looking forward to Fire Emblem Three Houses release, then Borderlands 3, then Disgaea 4 complete+, and then Trails of Cold Steel 3, plus a bunch of other games in between. I usually try to play one game at a time, so I am set for a very long time. 

48 hrs playtime clocked on my replay of FF12 on Switch. I got over my beginning grumbling of the job system. Would I still prefer every character to be able to unlock every weapon/spell/armor like I could on PS2? Yes! It is making for some cool change though this time around. I fire up the PS2 every time I unlock a new area though just to see the difference in graphics which is a veryyy big change. You need to see it with your own eyes rather then comparison vids on YouTube to really see it.

and I’m still also playing Xenoblade 2 but that game is really pissing me off with the Merc mission stuff. It’s taking forever on certain ones and sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and let the game run while I read or watch some tv to eat the clock up which I hate to do as it feels like cheating but to hell with it.

Edited by Briar King

10 hours ago, Briar King said:

and I’m still also playing Xenoblade 2 but that game is really pissing me off with the Merc mission stuff. It’s taking forever on certain ones and sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and let the game run while I read or watch some tv to eat the clock up which I hate to do as it feels like cheating but to hell with it.

I understand your frustration, but I felt like there was plenty of other stuff to do in the game while waiting. Like I thought Ursula took forever to level up, but looking back I completed her relatively very early in the game.  

11 hours ago, Briar King said:

I’m still also playing Xenoblade 2 but that game is really pissing me off with the Merc mission stuff. It’s taking forever on certain ones and sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and let the game run while I read or watch some tv to eat the clock up which I hate to do as it feels like cheating but to hell with it.

I love all the Xenoblade games, but 2 is my least favorite because of the little quirks they added. I don’t love the Blade gacha system, don’t love Merc Missions, and other little stuff like that. The battle system, though most called it a more refined version of 1 and X, kind of got boring to me after a while. It’s a good game, but it’s certainly not perfect(I’m mainly there for the story anyway).

Currenly playing Oneshot.  It's on Steam and I really recommend it.  Cute art style, soundtrack's average, gameplay is puzzle/exploring/story based, and......the whole experience is very meta.  The main characters are a catgirl named Niko.  And you.

Almost done with Lego Dimensions, just doing the Adventure Worlds stuff. Since this is my second play through I wanted to do something fun, going to the worlds in chronological order of when they were released. Here’s the order: DC Comics (1937 when Batman showed up), Wizard of Oz (1939 since they used the film), Doctor Who (1963), Scooby-Doo (1969), ET (June 82), Knight Rider September 82), A-Team (83), Ghostbusters (June 84), Gremlins (June 84), Goonies (June 85), Back to the Future (July 85), Midway Arcade (1988 but I have no clue when they opened so I’m not sure if they opened before the next one), Beetlejuice (March 88), The Simpsons (89), Sonic (91 used the first game release date), Jurassic Park (93 technically Jurassic World but the franchise starts with the original so I used that for placement), Mission: Impossible (96), Powerpuff Girls (98 technically the new version but I think it’s more an update than a reboot so original show premiere here), Harry Potter (November 01 film version), Lord of the Rings (December 01 film release), Adventure Time (10), Ninjago (January 11), Portal 2 (April 11 had considered using the original but they made a point of using the 2), Chima, (January 13) Lego City Undercover (March 13), Teen Titans Go (April 13), The Lego Movie (14), Ghostbusters (July 16), Fantastic Beasts (November 16), Lego Batman Movie (17).

I find it funny how it starts and ends with Batman and how two worlds had the exact same date.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:32 PM, Emperor Stick said:

I tried out Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag after playing AC: 3 and thinking it was boring, SO GLAD I gave Black Flag a chance!

I couldn't stand AC: 3.  Connor was such a pain.

Currently trying out Sunless Sea, then going to start in on Witcher 2 & 3.

On 7/6/2019 at 7:32 PM, Emperor Stick said:

I tried out Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag after playing AC: 3 and thinking it was boring, SO GLAD I gave Black Flag a chance!

AC4 surprised me with how fun it was since I thought it would be just okay. You should also try Rogue since it’s got very similar mechanics, though it takes til halfway through the story to actually get a ship. I can’t tell you about Unity, Syndicate, Origins or Odyssey since I’ve yet to play them.

Are you doing the DLC stories like Aveline and Freedom Cry?