What are you playing right now?

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

Just saw the trailer for Elden Ring. Looks awesome and I am hyped. Just picked up Witcher 3. Liking it so far.  

Witcher is a great game but wow, is it long! It does enough to keep you interested enough though. Elden Ring hasn't had enough to lure me in but we have hardly any information. It's FromSoftware and GRRM though so I can't imagine it would be anything below excellent.

19 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

E3 had some great stuff!  Loved the Nintendo and SE conferences.  Microsoft had a few surprises, with Keanu.  I'm excited for Gears 5, but their conference sure didn't help with people being excited, lol.  Jedi looks fun too!  

I came out of E3 pretty happy personally.  Not a major hype year, but I got better looks at things I was already looking forward to, and got a great announcement in breath of the wild 2!

Same! I really enjoyed this E3(with the exception of Ubi’s conference), even if it wasn't the most exciting.

1 hour ago, urrutiap said:

Im playing Lord of Magna Maiden Heaven for the 2nd time. Game was fun to play before.

also this summer im playing these

Star Trek Invasion

Assassins Creed 1

Killzone 1

Legend of Legaia

I remember Legend of Legaia, what nostalgia!

yeah i had and played Legaia back in the day but then i sold it at a rummage sale back in 1998 or 1999. Dunno why though.

But last year or so i bought Legend of Legaia off of amazon so I can have the game back in my collection and to play it.

The game had and still does have a great story 

Ga

On 19/06/2019 at 7:22 PM, urrutiap said:

yeah i had and played Legaia back in the day but then i sold it at a rummage sale back in 1998 or 1999. Dunno why though.

But last year or so i bought Legend of Legaia off of amazon so I can have the game back in my collection and to play it.

The game had and still does have a great story 

Ga

The old JRPG games are some I tend to visit regularly. Final Fantasy X will always remain a favourite.

7 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Been playing the original FF7!  Just passed the first visit to the gold saucer.  Such a great game still!  Love all the options in the ps4 version too lol.  Also playing some black ops 4 for the double merit/xp weekend!

Confession time: for being such a massive FF fan, I've never played FF7 :huh:

1 hour ago, Wander89 said:

you should, its pretty great.  though the awful, awful character graphics do detract form it some.  (other graphics are alright)

4 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Just wait until March so you can play it with modern graphics... though this is only Part 1 and apparently just the opening stuff in Midgar itself and nothing past that unless Square surprises us all.

Still playing Lego Dimensions. I’m just currently doing the Story Pack levels (Ghostbusters 2016, Fantastic Beasts and Lego Batman Movie) and once I 100% those I can finally do the Adventure Worlds which I’m doing with the twist of playing in order of when each franchise first came out. I did have to finagle on some like Lord of the Rings by going with the film versus the books since the version used is the film and the Lego brands I used when that franchise first started. A couple others I went with the very first film, like 1993 for Jurassic Park even though it’s the fourth film, and the first Portal game instead of Portal 2’s release and the original Powerpuff Girls since the reboot doesn’t have enough to make it drastically different unlike Teen Titans Go and the two different Ghostbusters.

5 hours ago, Dunkum said:

you should, its pretty great.  though the awful, awful character graphics do detract form it some.  (other graphics are alright)

They don't really bother me all that much. They might all look like Lego peopl, but I think there is charm in seeing the story told with character models like that.  Overall 7 is a wee bit overhyped (it's not the best Final Fantasy, let alone JRPG of all time like some claim), but still fully worth playing through.

im cautiously excited about the remake.  It looks gorgeous, but it's split into multiple parts, and frankly, modern Square Enix hasn't really given me a reason to have faith yet.  They've bungled basically every Final Fantasy since X in some way.  

7 hours ago, Dunkum said:

4 hours ago, Draginon said:

Just wait until March so you can play it with modern graphics... though this is only Part 1 and apparently just the opening stuff in Midgar itself and nothing past that unless Square surprises us all.

Graphics don't really bother me. I still play Chrono Trigger and even Golden Sun. I've still got other stuff to play until then but I definitely will be getting the remake.

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Graphics don't really bother me. I still play Chrono Trigger and even Golden Sun. I've still got other stuff to play until then but I definitely will be getting the remake.

don't get me wrong, I don't need everythign to be crystal clear photo-realistic HD or whatever, and there are definite diminishing returns on graphics improvements, but VII's graphics (again, primarily the character graphics) are pretty terrible.  chrono trigger and golden sun arent really useful comparisons, becuase they are examples of good 2dish graphics vs FFVII's pretty bad 3d graphics.  basically they do what they are trying to do really well, vs 7 which does not.

4 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

They don't really bother me all that much. They might all look like Lego peopl, but I think there is charm in seeing the story told with character models like that.  Overall 7 is a wee bit overhyped (it's not the best Final Fantasy, let alone JRPG of all time like some claim), but still fully worth playing through.

im cautiously excited about the remake.  It looks gorgeous, but it's split into multiple parts, and frankly, modern Square Enix hasn't really given me a reason to have faith yet.  They've bungled basically every Final Fantasy since X in some way.  

I mostly agree with you about 7, i just think that even pushign the character graphics up to VIII or IX levels would be a drastic improvement.  I also mostly agree abotu the remake, but not sure about that last piece - but i love me some FF XII.

3 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

don't get me wrong, I don't need everythign to be crystal clear photo-realistic HD or whatever, and there are definite diminishing returns on graphics improvements, but VII's graphics (again, primarily the character graphics) are pretty terrible.  chrono trigger and golden sun arent really useful comparisons, becuase they are examples of good 2dish graphics vs FFVII's pretty bad 3d graphics.  basically they do what they are trying to do really well, vs 7 which does not.

They were mostly just examples that graphics don't bother me at all. I'll definitely be looking into the remake, the game has always intrigued me with the level of hype it's gotten.

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Not knocking the graphics, just being glad to see the game at its fullest potential instead of being limited from the time. I do like the game, it just takes time to get through. I’m curious how many parts will be done to finish remaking it since the team has said they will not cut out anything from the original game and that was 3 PS1 disks while the remake is 2 discs and isn’t even a quarter of disc 1.

8 minutes ago, Draginon said:

Not knocking the graphics, just being glad to see the game at its fullest potential instead of being limited from the time. I do like the game, it just takes time to get through. I’m curious how many parts will be done to finish remaking it since the team has said they will not cut out anything from the original game and that was 3 PS1 disks while the remake is 2 discs and isn’t even a quarter of disc 1.

I actually have the original FFVII in my cupboard and forgot it was on multiple disks. Either way, I'm excited for it.

7 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

I actually have the original FFVII in my cupboard and forgot it was on multiple disks. Either way, I'm excited for it.

Same, though I didn’t even play until I had a PS3 since I was introduced to Final Fantasy thru Kingdom Hearts and X was my first one.

3 hours ago, Dunkum said:

I mostly agree with you about 7, i just think that even pushign the character graphics up to VIII or IX levels would be a drastic improvement.  I also mostly agree abotu the remake, but not sure about that last piece - but i love me some FF XII.

XII is one of my favorite games, but the vanilla ps2 version lacked complexity that the zodiac age brought to the table, and it's super slow now to the point I doubt I'd ever be able to play it normally. 

8 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

XII is one of my favorite games, but the vanilla ps2 version lacked complexity that the zodiac age brought to the table, and it's super slow now to the point I doubt I'd ever be able to play it normally.

I've never tried that updated version.  I know it introduces some form of job system, which could make things interesting, but i'm not sure hwo that would work.  it seems like it would drastically change some of how the game plays.

14 hours ago, Draginon said:

Same, though I didn’t even play until I had a PS3 since I was introduced to Final Fantasy thru Kingdom Hearts and X was my first one.

Kingdom Hearts is one that I really want to get into but I've heard such mixed reviews, especially with continuity. I just really want to play X again now though....