What are you playing right now?

1 minute ago, Jaywalk said:

It's the same for me. Multiplayer games have lost most of their appeal to me because of the grind, and even in some single-player games it gets to me. That's why I dropped off Octopath Traveler. The battles, after a while, just got boring to me. I would've had to do a ton of them in order to even finish the game.

For sure.  I dropped Octopath when I found out the journey didn't really go anywhere either.  Eight stories and they never once really intersect in any meaningful way.  I was pretty disappointed in that.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still playing Xenogears. Just got Bart's Andvari Gear which is freaking awesome looking, but I'm stuck on the Shakhan fight. He heals too fast and even though my gears are upgraded with the best available engines, frames, and armor I still can't do enough decent damage...I might switch Elly out for Maria or Citan.

I'm also replaying Trails of Cold Steel on the PS4, and I just encountered one of the funniest conversations in any rpg I've ever played:

FB_IMG_1558912755323.thumb.jpg.3e0fa6aa53153cc1f5b62129eb4e070c.jpgFB_IMG_1558912760659.thumb.jpg.50a6dec733ec7a8da93e8af02b1ffc68.jpg

Still dancing with Days Gone. Think I've got the mechanics of crafting, riding and general story terms down. I've deal with a few Hordes but I know I'm going to have to plan an attack on one and I'm more of a all guns blazing type of guy! I seen the Sawmill and that horde terrifies me.

Still playing Days Gone, it's getting a little repetitive but the story is progressing and to be honest I just want it finished so I can move onto The Witcher 3. I used to play a little of it on my OG PS4 but because the fan was a small jet engine it totally put me off. Hoping I can invest the time now since everyone has hyped Witcher up so much.

I need to get back to days gone soon.  I haven't played much for games lately.  Just some Blackout in CoD, and Galaxy of Heroes on my iPad.  I've been too focused on reading, so gamewise I only spend a small amount of time of disposable stuff when I play.  Haven't really had the time to immerse myself back into a story.

17 minutes ago, NottTheBrave said:

I need to get back to days gone soon.  I haven't played much for games lately.  Just some Blackout in CoD, and Galaxy of Heroes on my iPad.  I've been too focused on reading, so gamewise I only spend a small amount of time of disposable stuff when I play.  Haven't really had the time to immerse myself back into a story.

It's a fun game but I can only play so much before I feel the need to put it down and pick up a book or something :D

9 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

It's a fun game but I can only play so much before I feel the need to put it down and pick up a book or something :D

Haha, I know the feeling.  It's been a joy to re-connect with my old bookworm self. This is the first time in a LONG time I've been able to read for myself, not something dictated by a class, and I'm so into it again.  I forgot how much I missed it.  

Sadly though, it's really distracted me from all the video games I have to play and finish still!  E3 is going to make that even harder with the announcements of MORE stuff I can't wait to play!

1 minute ago, NottTheBrave said:

Haha, I know the feeling.  It's been a joy to re-connect with my old bookworm self. This is the first time in a LONG time I've been able to read for myself, not something dictated by a class, and I'm so into it again.  I forgot how much I missed it.  

Sadly though, it's really distracted me from all the video games I have to play and finish still!  E3 is going to make that even harder with the announcements of MORE stuff I can't wait to play!

yeah, you gotta do you but there's not enough hours in the day!

I'm not so fussed about E3 this year. I'm excited to see the FromSoftware and George R R Martin game and maybe Cyberpunk but I think that's it!

4 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

yeah, you gotta do you but there's not enough hours in the day!

I'm not so fussed about E3 this year. I'm excited to see the FromSoftware and George R R Martin game and maybe Cyberpunk but I think that's it!

I've got a couple things on my list.  Obviously the two you mentioned, plus I'm excited for the new Animal Crossing, Gears 5, the new Watch Dogs, Jedi: Fallen Order, Halo Infinite, and whatever other surprises there might be.  

Man, the Switch has been killing it with indies for me. I just picked up Hyper Light Drifter yesterday, and been (struggling) going through Hollow Knight (Pumped for the sequel). And Celeste is just a good game, with even better messaging.

15 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Man, the Switch has been killing it with indies for me. I just picked up Hyper Light Drifter yesterday, and been (struggling) going through Hollow Knight (Pumped for the sequel). And Celeste is just a good game, with even better messaging.

Hollow Knight is tough, man. But it’s great. Celeste is amazing—one of my favorite all time games.

Playing Lego Dimensions PS4 edition and encountered the oddest glitch I’ve seen in a lego game. I was at the Joker boss in the Simpsons level and the bot was stuck in the t-pose which makes progressing the fight impossible. Replaying the level to see if that fixes it otherwise I might have to redownload the files.

5 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Any guesses for new smash DLCs in Nintendo’s E3 today?

Edit: Hah, never mind, we just got another anime swordsman. BUT BANJO KAZOOIE’S A DLC

I am extremely happy about that one. It's honestly three games late, but great to finally have him. The first Smash DLC character I've been genuinely excited about. Can't wait to check him out and I'd love him to become a character I'll play frequently.

E3 had some great stuff!  Loved the Nintendo and SE conferences.  Microsoft had a few surprises, with Keanu.  I'm excited for Gears 5, but their conference sure didn't help with people being excited, lol.  Jedi looks fun too!  

I came out of E3 pretty happy personally.  Not a major hype year, but I got better looks at things I was already looking forward to, and got a great announcement in breath of the wild 2!

2 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

E3 had some great stuff!  Loved the Nintendo and SE conferences.  Microsoft had a few surprises, with Keanu.  I'm excited for Gears 5, but their conference sure didn't help with people being excited, lol.  Jedi looks fun too!  

I came out of E3 pretty happy personally.  Not a major hype year, but I got better looks at things I was already looking forward to, and got a great announcement in breath of the wild 2!

BotW 2 alone means I may need to buy a Switch at some point.  though i can probably wait a little while.