What are you playing right now?

4 hours ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

I'll have to slightly disagree with the two of you. The first Golden Sun is an underrated classic. The sequel is a mess of missed potential (so calibrate your expectations accordingly) and there are no other Golden Sun games:ph34r:

but the second completes the story of the first.  it also makes improvements in at least some areas (I really like the unlockable summons, for instance).

as to the third that you dont wish to acknowledge...i like some of what it did mechanic wise, but story wise and continuity wise it is a complete mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. :D I mean, it's my little sister's game, but I took an interest in it and have been helping her with the hard parts.

And Smash Bros Ultimate. I finished story mode 100% recently.

And that's about it. Hehe, years ago I was way too much of a gamer. I was totally addicted to Legend of Zelda. Now I don't play so often anymore.

Recently played Life Is Strange: Before the Storm and liked it since I liked the first game as well.

Followed that up with The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, a prologue to Life Is Strange 2, a mundane made cool by a 9 year old type of game. Because it's only about an hour long there's not much to do and no trophies (they got around that by submitting it as a demo) so a neat game if you're short on time.

Was playing the first Uncharted game but then Kingdom Hearts 3 just had to go and drop critical mode last night so I downloaded the patch and gave that a whirl... I didn't even know it was possible to die in a tutorial! I did better than most since I only died once to Darkside, the tutorial boss, since I noticed that if you try to attack it when it's holding that ball of darkness it's a one hit kill. Then came the first regular battle in Olympus and I died a couple times...using the Ultima Weapon. Yeah this mode is tough if you're dying in one or two hits from regular enemies while using the most powerful weapon in the game and the new exclusive abilities to help out with the difficulty. In other words Nomura and his team turned Kingdom Hearts into a Dark Souls game, though I am glad to have a challenge with this game since I didn't die once and all previous games I've died a few times even on easy mode

15 hours ago, Firerust said:

Yo, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. :D I mean, it's my little sister's game, but I took an interest in it and have been helping her with the hard parts.

And Smash Bros Ultimate. I finished story mode 100% recently.

And that's about it. Hehe, years ago I was way too much of a gamer. I was totally addicted to Legend of Zelda. Now I don't play so often anymore.

Even though you might not wish to get in deep, and I don't know if you've already played it, but Breath of the Wild is the best Zelda game I've ever played, and I reccomend it highly.

As for myself, I've been playing quite a bit of Octopath Traveler for the Switch. (Like over a hundred hours- My brother thinks I have a problem, and I'm starting to agree with him)

6 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Even though you might not wish to get in deep, and I don't know if you've already played it, but Breath of the Wild is the best Zelda game I've ever played, and I reccomend it highly.

Seconded.  i bought it when it first came out and it was absolutely worth it.  just getting back into it now, after a bit of a break, because i wanted to play the DLC, and ive found that there are still some little things that i hadn't managed to discover on my first, rather exhaustive playthrough.

So I traded in Anthem and Sekiro for Days Gone and I'm enjoying being Daryl Dixon for a while! It's an immersive game and whilst it's gotten bad reviews (so did Final Fantasy XV and that's a top FF game for me) I am enjoying it. My biggest issue is that I can see how it could get repetitive but there seems to be more opening up which could counteract that.

19 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Breath of the Wild is great, but I prefer Wind Waker myself.

I'm curious why?  Because to me, BotW feel a lot like WW, but better.  I mean you aren't sailing, but the exploration aspect is very much at the heart of both, and Wind Waker's world feels a lot more barren than BotW's to me.  In Wind Waker you can sail around all day without finding anything interesting (and even some of the islands are pretty boring, honestly), while BotW feels like there is something around every corner.

20 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

I'm curious why?  Because to me, BotW feel a lot like WW, but better.  I mean you aren't sailing, but the exploration aspect is very much at the heart of both, and Wind Waker's world feels a lot more barren than BotW's to me.  In Wind Waker you can sail around all day without finding anything interesting (and even some of the islands are pretty boring, honestly), while BotW feels like there is something around every corner.

It’s mainly the ending for me. I was severely disappointed by Breath of the Wild’s story, but I enjoyed Wind Waker’s quite a bit. Once I beat Calamity Ganon, exploring the world wasn’t as satisfying as it was before, and eventually I just got bored of the game. The Divine Beasts weren’t that great either. Wind Waker, on the other hand, had great bosses, great dungeons, and a great ending. I like both games for what they are, but I prefer the more linear structure of Wind Waker. I never felt the urge to sail off into the distance, and was able to just keep progressing the story. Enemy encounters along the way just made it all the more enjoyable.

35 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

It’s mainly the ending for me. I was severely disappointed by Breath of the Wild’s story, but I enjoyed Wind Waker’s quite a bit. Once I beat Calamity Ganon, exploring the world wasn’t as satisfying as it was before, and eventually I just got bored of the game. The Divine Beasts weren’t that great either. Wind Waker, on the other hand, had great bosses, great dungeons, and a great ending. I like both games for what they are, but I prefer the more linear structure of Wind Waker. I never felt the urge to sail off into the distance, and was able to just keep progressing the story. Enemy encounters along the way just made it all the more enjoyable.

That makes sense.  BotW is definitely not a linear story type of game.  I loved the exploration aspect of it, and I think they absolutely nailed that, but you're right that the dungeons and the story suffered for it.  I liked the shrines, and the divine beasts were interesting, but they were all so much shorter than the dungeons in most Zelda games.

1 minute ago, Dunkum said:

That makes sense.  BotW is definitely not a linear story type of game.  I loved the exploration aspect of it, and I think they absolutely nailed that, but you're right that the dungeons and the story suffered for it.  I liked the shrines, and the divine beasts were interesting, but they were all so much shorter than the dungeons in most Zelda games.

I probably wouldn’t have been as disappointed if the trailers hadn’t made it seem like more of a story-driven game. The search for the memories was interesting, but I found them out of order, which made it less cohesive to me.

Decided to finish Uncharted: Drake's Fortune before heading right into Kingdom Hearts 3 Critical mode. Boy that game got stressful towards the end when it turned into a horror game. I can definitely see how it was influenced by both the OG Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones and National Treasure and how the new Tomb Raider games were influenced by this game.

Wish me luck with Kingdom Hearts 3 Critical!

8 hours ago, Datan Nomlibash said:

What did you think about the movie? (no spoilers) Also which of the games are you thinking about playing? I've played platinum through ultra moon and am curious about your preference.

I think it's a typical kids movie with some adult humour. Set the groundwork for future movies but I enjoyed it.

Days Gone, and grinding a bit in Gears 4.  That'll probably lessen, as I've just gotten pretty bored of doing menial tasks in video games for the sake of it.  I'd rather read a book than spend six hour playing multiplayer to get my EXP bar up further to re-up and then do the process over again.  I don't mind some multiplayer occasionally, and story based games are always a must for me, but man, the repetitive "give your life to this game to get the bare minimum out of it" trend that the industry has pushed towards lately has really turned me off.

finished most of the DLC content from Breath of the Wild (mostly skipping the trials of the sword for right now, since you cant save during them, and i don't think i have time to sit through the whole thing, btu i gave it a quick test run).  now moving onto Skyward sword, and it makes for a strange transition to go from one of the lightest tutorials in the series to one of the heavier ones.

Edited by Dunkum
typo

4 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Days Gone, and grinding a bit in Gears 4.  That'll probably lessen, as I've just gotten pretty bored of doing menial tasks in video games for the sake of it.  I'd rather read a book than spend six hour playing multiplayer to get my EXP bar up further to re-up and then do the process over again.  I don't mind some multiplayer occasionally, and story based games are always a must for me, but man, the repetitive "give your life to this game to get the bare minimum out of it" trend that the industry has pushed towards lately has really turned me off.

It's the same for me. Multiplayer games have lost most of their appeal to me because of the grind, and even in some single-player games it gets to me. That's why I dropped off Octopath Traveler. The battles, after a while, just got boring to me. I would've had to do a ton of them in order to even finish the game.