What are you playing right now?

Sekiro is an absolutely gorgeous game. I loved Dark Souls and Bloodborne but always found them *too* hard. This has some difficulty but can find myself completely immersed in the fighting style of a shinobi. Dragonrot is an absolute nightmare though. 

20 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Sekiro is an absolutely gorgeous game. I loved Dark Souls and Bloodborne but always found them *too* hard. This has some difficulty but can find myself completely immersed in the fighting style of a shinobi. Dragonrot is an absolute nightmare though. 

Just wait until Vaati comes out with the lore 

:D

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Got my girlfriend a PS4 for her birthday last weeek, so we're alternating between Kingdom Hearts 3 (me) and Shadows of War (her), with Monster Hunter, Dynasty Warriors and Red Dead Redemption in the wings.

As good as RDR2 is, I found it sooooo overwhelming! I ended up playing Anthem and Sekiro which, although rich and visually brilliant, I felt I could focus more on. Might end up back at RDR soon but I'd need some time that I just don't have right now.

2 hours ago, Lisa, Reading Spren said:

Yeah, Kingdom Hearst :D
How do ýou like it so far?

Pretty fun so far. Im enjoying the combat tweaks.  Instead of clothing-based gear changes like in KH2, the keyblades themselves change which alters your combos and whatnot (based on focus charge like KH2) so there's a lot more variety, and you can swap between up to  three equipped keyblades on the fly.  You also just Get the world's support characters, rather than having to swap out donald or goofy for them and sacrifice combo options, which I like. Looks like there are going to be fewer worlds overall than in KH2, but there's lots to do so it probably wont suffer too much for it.  I have to give them credit for managing to make the inter-world space fighting mini-game actually fun this time around, mostly by making it geared toward open-world exploration.  There's a lot of completionist fodder (hidden chests lists for each world, hidden Micky emblems to find, etc) but none of it's miss-able so it doesnt bog things down. 

I've been playing around with Kingdom: New Lands the past couple days and I'm liking it. I had no expectations, it was just free awhile ago on Xbox and I'm just now getting to it. The first time I was reckless in the woods and lost my crown, and the second time I ran out of money and my kingdom slowly got sacked until all my people were peasants and my defenses crumbled. Who knew.

Still slowly mastering (hahaha, not really) Sekiro. I've never been good at the Soulsborne games but I feel that I can manage to best this one. I'm hoping to get it finished so that I can buy Days Gone on release. I tried to finish Anthem but Sekiro just sucked me right in. I'm also looking for recommendations on good RPG games for Gameboy/Colour/Advance or Nintendo DS.

43 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

Still slowly mastering (hahaha, not really) Sekiro. I've never been good at the Soulsborne games but I feel that I can manage to best this one. I'm hoping to get it finished so that I can buy Days Gone on release. I tried to finish Anthem but Sekiro just sucked me right in. I'm also looking for recommendations on good RPG games for Gameboy/Colour/Advance or Nintendo DS.

Remember: You can swim in Sekiro!

9 hours ago, Stampede said:

I've been playing around with Kingdom: New Lands the past couple days and I'm liking it. I had no expectations, it was just free awhile ago on Xbox and I'm just now getting to it. The first time I was reckless in the woods and lost my crown, and the second time I ran out of money and my kingdom slowly got sacked until all my people were peasants and my defenses crumbled. Who knew.

I have that game. I have no idea how to play it.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 and I gotta say it's pretty awesome, excellent story and game play the one thing that I have to say annoyed me was how lancers have become pretty much useless. also the last level is buggy as heck watching my sniper bullets ricochet off thin air was funny when I was trying to just beat the game but now that I'm trying to beat it on hard mode (which cut's you down to just 10 turns) it's getting irritating. 

On 2/27/2011 at 0:48 AM, Link Von Kelsier Harvey said:

Because we need a Video Game thread too.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. Loved it back in the day and decided to give it another run-through. Loved it again and decided to purchase Baten Kaitos: Origins, which is sitting and waiting for me to finish EWatLO.

Pokémon Ultra Moon is my current 'I'm too exhausted to write' getaway. That rarely happens, which is why I'm only halfway through it after all this time.

Looking eagerly forward to Sword & Shield!

On 3/27/2019 at 11:36 AM, Wander89 said:

Here are some rpgs you might like.

Radiant Historia. This game is on ds and pretty underated In my opinion. One of the things that drew me to it was the combat and encounters. Encounters are shown on the map and when combat starts enemies are on a grid. You can then use attacks to effect multiple areas and to slide enemies into new zones to stack them up and deal with them more efficiently. This make combat more bearable for me since "5 goblins attack! Mash A to win!" Gets really old over time. There was also a remake on the 3ds that adds new content, updates the art and adds voice acting but I prefer the art in the first game. Also multiple endings to work for.

Golden Sun and Golden Sun lost age are on the gameboy and they are pretty fun. Not terribly difficult but I enjoyed it. You need to play both to get the full story pay off.

6 minutes ago, Datan Nomlibash said:

Golden Sun and Golden Sun lost age are on the gameboy and they are pretty fun. Not terribly difficult but I enjoyed it. You need to play both to get the full story pay off.

I'll second the golden sun recommendation.  the third golden sun game (for the ds or 3ds, i forget which) you can give a pass, but the first 2 are great.

4 hours ago, Datan Nomlibash said:

4 hours ago, Dunkum said:

I'll second the golden sun recommendation.  the third golden sun game (for the ds or 3ds, i forget which) you can give a pass, but the first 2 are great.

I'll have to slightly disagree with the two of you. The first Golden Sun is an underrated classic. The sequel is a mess of missed potential (so calibrate your expectations accordingly) and there are no other Golden Sun games:ph34r:

8 hours ago, Datan Nomlibash said:

Here are some rpgs you might like.

Radiant Historia. This game is on ds and pretty underated In my opinion. One of the things that drew me to it was the combat and encounters. Encounters are shown on the map and when combat starts enemies are on a grid. You can then use attacks to effect multiple areas and to slide enemies into new zones to stack them up and deal with them more efficiently. This make combat more bearable for me since "5 goblins attack! Mash A to win!" Gets really old over time. There was also a remake on the 3ds that adds new content, updates the art and adds voice acting but I prefer the art in the first game. Also multiple endings to work for.

I remember playing the first Golden Sun and loving the adventure/story/djinns but could not get into the 2nd. I think I'll play those first! I did get Pokémon though (obviously) and Dragon Quest!