Link Von Kelsier Harvey

What are you playing right now?

1,565 posts in this topic

few games im playing and into January

Xenogears for the first time

Battlefield 3 for Playstation 3

Destiny 1 for Playstation 3

Kingdom Hearts 2 

I'm replaying Metroid Fusion. Borrowed it from my brother yesterday.

Simultaneously playing through Octopath Traveler and Hollow Knight, with some Smash Ultimate on the side.

I'm playing Sims 4. My sim Kaladin has been abducted and impregnated by aliens. He has an alien baby now. She's blue. I called her Sylphrena. I'm so sorry.

Ive been playing Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions for my PSP. I got the game in the mail two days ago off of amazon.  Game is complete in game case and instructions.  Even though i ordered the game from Amazon, technically I got the game from Gamer Girlz and they're pretty good at delivering stuff

If you're not playing the Tales of Vesperia remaster then you are missing out on life

On 1/1/2019 at 0:12 PM, Zurvanite said:

Final Fantasy XIV. Getting ready for Shadowbringers expansion and Patch 4.5 A Requiem For Heroes by leveling up my Dark Knight tank. And Blue Mage comes out in a week but people have mixed feelings about it because it's designed for solo play.

Shadowbringers Trailer

Patch 4.5 A Requiem For Heroes trailer

I'm just getting back into ffxiv. Stopped playing a couple years ago cause my brothers quit on me, but now we're back. Still have to finish ARR though, so I've got a ways to go in catching up. Made a new character for coming back. 

Just started the Valkyria Chronicles remaster!

IT'S AMAZING!

Kingdom Hearts 3 y'all!

I only played the Olympus level and boy was that fun to play. The gorgeous scenery, Team Sora actually participating in the story instead of being observers, the sheer size of the areas (Olympus is just three areas, Thebes, Mount Olympus and The Realm of Gods, but each was bigger than one world from the previous games and each area actually had a sub area name. Can't imagine how the other worlds are divided up) and the attraction flow mechanic made fighting even more fun and hysterical (imagine fighting the Titans using the Disneyland Carousel and actually winning!)

Then there's the length of the scenes. No joke from when I started the boss to when I could actually start playing again was 30 minutes! And that was only to get to the gummi ship and an auto save, not even a regular save.

All in all I'm so impressed I think this is going to be my favorite Kingdom Hearts ever!

Finished Xenoblade 1 around 12:30 this morning. Omg this game was absolutely worth the $50+ it still is/I paid. Brilliant beautiful game. Wish I had a U so I could start X today but I ll just have to settle for starting X2 instead lol

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 3! I don't want to put spoilers, but mannn… It did a LOT of things I didn't think it was gonna do. Got a little teary at parts, ngl!

On 2/3/2019 at 10:53 AM, Briar King said:

Finished Xenoblade 1 around 12:30 this morning. Omg this game was absolutely worth the $50+ it still is/I paid. Brilliant beautiful game. Wish I had a U so I could start X today but I ll just have to settle for starting X2 instead lol

YES! Xenoblade is my favorite game series, and the first game is my favorite game of all time.

7 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

YES! Xenoblade is my favorite game series, and the first game is my favorite game of all time.

I tell ya what it’s still going to have to sit with me but the game could very well top my favorite RPG Skies of Arcadia which I’m still soar about to this day will likely NEVER have a sequel. I mean Final Fantasy is my favorite series of RPG but both those games blow any entry away. This was my 1st Xeno completion. I had around 60 hrs of Xenosaga Ep 1 on PS2 and just stopped one day. Recently I have restarted (and found Ep2) but man I remembered how brutally long sections from save point to save point could be.

X2 is nice so far. Started ch 2 today.

Skies of Arcadia is actually my second favorite RPG after Xenoblade.  

While XCX and XC2 are good games, I don't think they come close to XC.  XC2 has a better battle system (though it takes a while to open up) but it has some other issues.  As a completionist, I spent way more hours with XCX and XC2 than with XC.

I have to say XC2 is my least favorite out of the three, but I still love it to death. XCX was amazing, though the story was a bit lackluster. It had the best world and the best side content in the series.

XC1 has my favorite story, I love the gameplay, and I think my experience was better overall than the other two.

Though, the ending of XC2 had me fanboying like crazy. It’s crazy.

8 hours ago, Who Sharded? said:

Skies of Arcadia is actually my second favorite RPG after Xenoblade.  

While XCX and XC2 are good games, I don't think they come close to XC.  XC2 has a better battle system (though it takes a while to open up) but it has some other issues.  As a completionist, I spent way more hours with XCX and XC2 than with XC.

Skies was so great. Every few years I hook up my Dreamcast just to fly around for a few minutes. Loved that game. So pissed it ll never have a sequel...

was holding out hope that X would come to Switch so I don’t have to buy a U but I will if I have to.

combat in X2 is both simple compared to X1(I’m so used to having those 9 cycles in battle)and yet more complex. Still only in early X2(so please watch spoilers lol) so auto attack is the main focus in fights. Getting some beginner tutorials now on combos.

Oh and another of my favorite series is/was(? been so long since last one hit) Grandia esp the 2nd.

Games Ive been playing recently for this month for my Playstation 3

L.A. Noire. Just bought and downloaded the Naked City DLC case to play through it before heading into the Arson DLC case the Nicholson something something

Kingdom Hearts 2 of Kingdom Hearts 2.5. Im at the near end of the game.  I have Xigbar or whatever his name i have him to deal with. That and trying to get one more Dense material to get to make the Ultima Weapon for Sora

On 2/3/2019 at 7:46 PM, deacon said:

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 3! I don't want to put spoilers, but mannn… It did a LOT of things I didn't think it was gonna do. Got a little teary at parts, ngl!

Finished story mode, trying to get post game stuff done, and I loved it. Frozen should've been better though.

I actually got uncanny valley feelings in The Caribbean. This is the first time I can think of where I've gotten it. Robots and computer characters don't bother me but that world got too real at times.

16 hours ago, Draginon said:

Finished story mode, trying to get post game stuff done, and I loved it. Frozen should've been better though.

I actually got uncanny valley feelings in The Caribbean. This is the first time I can think of where I've gotten it. Robots and computer characters don't bother me but that world got too real at times.

Oh, weird. I can see that, though! Personally I feel like the Toy Story world felt kind of blank? Like it was just too empty feeling, kinda gave me the creeps.

After beating Trails of Cold Steel 2, I started the prequel series, Trails in the Sky. I really like the interactions between Joshua and Estelle.

Now that Trails of Cold Steel 3 has been announced stateside I want to beat the prequels and replay Cold Steel 1 and 2 before 3 drops. 

Also 3 has some of the coolest S-Crafts (super moves) ever.

On 2/9/2019 at 0:24 PM, deacon said:

Oh, weird. I can see that, though! Personally I feel like the Toy Story world felt kind of blank? Like it was just too empty feeling, kinda gave me the creeps.

It seemed like the only worlds that felt populated were Olympus (Thebes specifically since no gods populate Olympus itself), Corona, Twilight Town, The Caribbean and San Fransokyo. Toy Box was a store during closing hours (despite it being the middle of the day) though there should've been some toys moving around like in Toy Story 2 with the Barbie scene. Monstropolis should've had some other monsters working there and Arendelle was too empty as well.

3 minutes ago, Draginon said:

It seemed like the only worlds that felt populated were Olympus (Thebes specifically since no gods populate Olympus itself), Corona, Twilight Town, The Caribbean and San Fransokyo. Toy Box was a store during closing hours (despite it being the middle of the day) though there should've been some toys moving around like in Toy Story 2 with the Barbie scene. Monstropolis should've had some other monsters working there and Arendelle was too empty as well.

Oh, I completely agree. Just wish those worlds felt a bit more modern - like I heard someone say it's still a PS2 game and I definitely see what they meant by that.