What are you playing right now?

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Winding down on ARK, thinking about picking up Breath of the Wild again (I was so busy wandering around I never actually finished the final Dungeon, but Ill be way too rusty by now)

If you do pick up Breath of the Wild again, I'd be interested to know how it feels to go back to it after a long break.  I did finish it, and while I loved it, I havent picked it back up, even for the expansions.  my biggest concern was that the replay value would be next to nothing, since so much of the thrill of the game came from the exploration.  be interesting to see if at least some of that thrill comes back with enough time off.

30 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

If you do pick up Breath of the Wild again, I'd be interested to know how it feels to go back to it after a long break.  I did finish it, and while I loved it, I havent picked it back up, even for the expansions.  my biggest concern was that the replay value would be next to nothing, since so much of the thrill of the game came from the exploration.  be interesting to see if at least some of that thrill comes back with enough time off.

I still havent finished all the original content (that island shrine was kicking my butt) or any of the DLC questlines, so there's still lots of exploration thrill to be had Im hoping.  My biggest issue last time I tried to pick it up casually is that all my hard-won controller skills and timing were GONE.  I was worse than a gimped noob, and in front of witnesses no less.  It was a sad day, and we immediately switched to Mario Odyssey for the remainder of the vacation weekend. 

3 hours ago, Quantus said:

I still havent finished all the original content (that island shrine was kicking my butt) or any of the DLC questlines, so there's still lots of exploration thrill to be had Im hoping.  My biggest issue last time I tried to pick it up casually is that all my hard-won controller skills and timing were GONE.  I was worse than a gimped noob, and in front of witnesses no less.  It was a sad day, and we immediately switched to Mario Odyssey for the remainder of the vacation weekend. 

I can believe that.  I remember deflecting guardian beams back into their faces with that shield maneuver you can do, but I'm pretty sure I'd need a lot of practice to get the timing on that right after months away - practice that would probably get me killed a few times over, given how much damage those beams do..

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Feruchemist said:

I'm finishing off the last dregs of content in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild.  

Nice. Have any of the DLCs or just scouring for shrines/Korok seeds?

Still splatoon, Paladins (basically overwatch but Switch supports it, and apparently came first...?) Smash 4 in preparation for Smash Ultimate (just pre-ordered it with the dlc and a gamecube controller. Delta Rune (just started)

Just now, Inklingspren said:

Nice. Have any of the DLCs or just scouring for shrines/Korok seeds?

Still splatoon, Paladins (basically overwatch but Switch supports it, and apparently came first...?) Smash 4 in preparation for Smash Ultimate (just pre-ordered it with the dlc and a gamecube controller. Delta Rune (just started)

Yes, I have both DLCs.  I have finished most of the DLC content, but haven't yet finished the Trials of the Sword.\

Hmm... I've never played any of the other games you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Battlefront 2 (the new one). Trying to master Boba Fett, but its hard since the devs seem to hate him (and because I´m not very good at shooter-games in general). He is fragile enough to die from a gust of wind, his blaster cant zoom in on its target, which means that you constantly miss your shots, one of his abilities basically doesn´t do anything, and he falls from the sky like a Windrunner without Stormlight if anyone hits him with anything more than a normal blaster shot. 

He still feels great to play as though, so props for that. And his flamethrower punch is pretty cool.

Edited by Toaster Retribution

Haven't played these yet, but there is a Steam Sale currently in progress....so.....

I grabbed Slay the Spire (rogue-like strategy deck builder?), Sneak Thief (pretty sure it's a simulator for robbing people?), Space Pirate Trainer (VR shooting stuff pew pew?), and One Shot (beautiful, short, hits-ya-in-feels Indie thing?).

Will update as I go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

Battlefront 2 (the new one). Trying to master Boba Fett, but its hard since the devs seem to hate him (and because I´m not very good at shooter-games in general). He is fragile enough to die from a gust of wind, his blaster cant zoom in on its target, which means that you constantly miss your shots, one of his abilities basically doesn´t do anything, and he falls from the sky like a Windrunner without Stormlight if anyone hits him with anything more than a normal blaster shot. 

He still feels great to play as though, so props for that. And his flamethrower punch is pretty cool.

Original is SO much better.