What are you playing right now?

3 hours ago, Briar King said:

Bought Persona 5 as it’s 40% off and I was craving an RPG. I must say at only like 4 hrs in I’m enjoying the hell out it. Some of the dialogue is wayyy to long to sit through and as of yet the save point/time is few and far between but other then that it’s been turn based heaven for me.

That looks like a fun play, but I just picked up the Royal pack for FFXV. Haven't played the game much since before any of the dlc came out. 

9 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

That looks like a fun play, but I just picked up the Royal pack for FFXV. Haven't played the game much since before any of the dlc came out. 

I’m not sure what the Royal pack offers. I still never finished Ignis.

P5 is so Japanese though. If your able atleast get it while it’s still 40% off at $29.99

12 hours ago, Briar King said:

I’m not sure what the Royal pack offers. I still never finished Ignis.

P5 is so Japanese though. If your able atleast get it while it’s still 40% off at $29.99

Mostly it offers a first person mode, the ability to switch between characters in battle, a couple new dungeons, and use of the boat on the ocean. 

Unfortunately, I used my entertainment money for the month on the Royal Pack and a new copy of Gardens of the Moon. I'll have to catch the next sale. 

I ll have to look up some vid before I decide then. The party swap sounds good. New dungeons would be cool depending where they at. I don’t really need to ride in the boat unless if going to Empire dungeon.

sigh I really hope 16 gets back to series standards esp in the magic department.

i doubt veryyyyyy much 16 will be current gen but I reallyyyyyyy hope it is.

At the moment I'm replaying the Dishonoured games, which are some of my favourites. Played 1 + DLCs on highest difficulty going for a "True Ghost" run (playing the game without actually eliminating enemies), although that didn't really stick until I got to the Lord Regent takedown mission. Currently on the Dust District level in Dishonoured 2, custom difficulty with everything turned to the max except mana regen (cause I actually want to enjoy myself). So far managed to do everything so far with no detections and only 1 elimination, an annoying overseer hanging around next to a Rune and Bone Charm I wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

This past week I've been playing Assassin's Creed 3 since it was the Fourth of July and the game is about the Revolution. I know not many people liked this game but anyone would've been disappointing after Ezio. Also most people don't realize the difference between Connor/Ratonhnhaké:ton and Ezio's accomplishments: by the time Revelations ended Ezio made the European Order strong, kickstarted the renaissance and helped bring order to the Ottoman Empire while Connor participated in practically everything in the Revolution and refounded the American Order by the time he was Ezio's age... at the beginning of AC2! I mean pretty much creating a country, and town, and recreating a whole organization by the time he was 27 is very good. Also he started when he was 13! So he did a lot during 14 years compared to Ezio who was 47 by the time he finally stopped the Borgia's.

Once I finish this I'm heading to the Caribbean with Edward to experience the Golden Age of Piracy in Assassin's Creed 4

Playing the Council.  It's a narrative mystery game set in 1793, where you've been summoned to an island because your mother has disappeared. 

It has a lot of historical figures, art history, mythology tie ins.

No fighting, it's all based around choices and dialogue options.   From what I've played and seen, your choices really do affect the storyline, which I like quite a bit.

My favorite thing about it is the intrigue and manipulations.  You're never sure if people are lying to you and/or testing your loyalty, while at the same time you're doing the same back to them.

My least favorite thing is that it's being released in episodes.  I highly recommend it, but only after all episodes are out.  There's too much too remember inbetween updates.

Nearly done with Assassin's Creed 3. Just need to do this: finish the Homestead missions, do the Frontiermen/Hunting/Brawler missions (if possible), Sequence 10, the Benedict Arnold missions, Sequence 11 onwards, whatever is available post-game and finally The Tyranny of King Washington. I might check out the multiplayer but I'm not into those types of things.

Just beat Assassin's Creed III The Tyranny of King Washington. Boy was this story dark compared to the horrors that happened in the Revolution in the main game. The Frontier towns burned down, bodies everywhere, people enslaved and wolves everywhere. Boston and New York pretty much prisons for the people. Washington planning to conquer England after taking over the colonies. The powers of the Red Willow and the journey for them were creepy especially when you see Ziio's angry ghost reprimanding her son for disobeying her.

The story itself was based off two things: In AC2 it was revealed Washington found an apple of eden and the famous incident where he refused to be named king of the United States.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is next

Recently just pulled out my old PS2 and DS. I've managed to find Breath Of Fire IV, Final Fantasy IV, VIII, VIII, IX, X and XII, Drakengard, Legend of Gaia, Unlimited Saga and have NO idea what I should play! Might start FF IV on my DS again since it's the remake.

6 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Recently just pulled out my old PS2 and DS. I've managed to find Breath Of Fire IV, Final Fantasy IV, VIII, VIII, IX, X and XII, Drakengard, Legend of Gaia, Unlimited Saga and have NO idea what I should play! Might start FF IV on my DS again since it's the remake.

it is also probably the shortest of them.  most of those games take a long time, and I know I gnerally haven't had the time for them recently.

32 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

it is also probably the shortest of them.  most of those games take a long time, and I know I gnerally haven't had the time for them recently.

Yeah the rest can be played for hoooours but I'm not getting that from FF IV. 

On 7/16/2018 at 10:58 AM, Wander89 said:

I'm currently on a DS Summer Flashback!   Replaying Phoenix Wright 1-3 (forgot how surprisingly long these games are!) and some Professor Layton. 

As of now I switch between

PC: Diablo 3 (seasonal character), League of Legends. 

Xbox1: CoD:WW2, Darksouls, Darksouls 3, Fortnite, Skyrim, and some other random games. 

I just recently picked up Octopath Traveler for the Switch, and that game is amazing. Im addicted to it. 

Also, if anyone plays Xbox you can add me: DnS Niteshado

Diablo 3 on pc: Niteshado#1489

League of Legends: Niteshado (im bronze/silver MMR, so im not all that good. but i have fun)

Ive fallen back into ARK.  The new Aberration map is amazing, and gives me just about everything I felt was lacking from the more standard Island map they started with, well, everything but an actual story (though they did hide a sort of background easter-egg story in these found items that "explain" the final boss).  It's a giant (no seriously) underground cavern map so there's no flyers but they added some great climbing and gliding mechanics. 

It's still probably unplayable on the Official servers both from the toxic communities (even the PvE has a lot of grief and inter-tribal BS, and from the fact that the vanilla game settings make it clunky and slow as hell and basically a full-time job just to accomplish the basic maintenance to keep you stuff from dying; they really do require a large tribe/guild group effort to work at all.  An unofficial server with droprates balanced for single-player, and what have become the standard Quality of Life mods like Structures Plus, though, is fantastic. 

Eventually I need to get back to my Switch, I spent so much time exploring the map and side content on Breath of the Wild that I never broke down and finished off the final dungeon.  And I feel like I should do that before I let myself fall into Octopath Traveler, but fortunately it looks like it might be a while before I could find a copy of that anyway (I hear they sold out their latest printing again).

Finished all of Assassin's Creed 4. I liked the overall story and it got sad seeing everyone die, on and off screen, especially Blackbeard and Mary Read. Some of the pirates I had never heard of before, like Stede Bonnet and Hornigold, so it was neat seeing them like it was neat seeing the Medici family and Cristina Sforza in 2.

The Aveline content makes me want a full console game with her, not just a handheld game or a mini game.

Freedom Cry sure is a different beast since it's focused on the Maroon Rebellion, the precursor to the Haiti Revolution. It was so satisfying to kill de Fayte at the end. The music is African inspired, which fits since the story is about the slave trade in Haiti during the 18th century and the main character was a former slave himself.

Next game is Assassin's Creed Rogue where you play as a Templar to kill Assassin's during the Seven Years War/French and Indian War and focusing on the Colonial Assassin Purge mentioned in 3.

Finished Assassin's Creed Rogue. An interesting, but short, game. Shay's reason for defecting is good but he blew the situation out of control where he went straight to 'you sent me there to kill that city!' when all he had to do was explain calmly, but with obvious anger, what happened and the whole could've been resolved right then and there instead of at the end when Achilles finally sees what Shay was talking about. The game still leaves a big question mark on who put that virus in the Shay memories in the first place.

Next game for me is Watch_Dogs

Went ahead and bought No Mans Sky used since it’s finally what they shipped it as after this latest big update. I wanted it on my Xbox since it’s nothing but a dust collecter(and likely to remain so till Anthem) but they didn’t have any except for PS4 and I wasn’t gonna pass up $18.95.