Link Von Kelsier Harvey

What are you playing right now?

1,736 posts in this topic

I got Battlefront 2 for Christmas, it's great :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooked up my Xbox so Jace could play Halo! He is having a blast. Hopefully he can run through the entire series then we do H5. Wish it would have played on Xbone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the middle of a 100% run of okami HD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being devoured by Xenoblade 2.  Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii is my favorite game of all time.  Unfortunately these games always put me into a huge reading slump.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sentinels of the Multiverse (Steam edition)

And LOTR LCG - digitally via OCTGN

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Who Sharded? said:

Being devoured by Xenoblade 2.  Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii is my favorite game of all time.  Unfortunately these games always put me into a huge reading slump.

If I buy a Switch can I play the other games on it? Have never played them except Ep 1 way back on PS2.

i do have my kids Wii

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Briar King said:

If I buy a Switch can I play the other games on it? Have never played them except Ep 1 way back on PS2.

i do have my kids Wii

Unfortunately no.  The Switch isn't backwards compatible since it can't take discs, and they haven't yet added old games for download.  Hopefully they add Virtual Console this year.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently re-started banished actually.  Its kinda surprising how much fun that game is, even after all this time.  So far, my little town is into its 5th winter.  And has a few homeless people.  (ofc, if they'd go get the stone I marked, they wouldn't be homeless, but thats neither here nor there).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mattig89ch said:

I recently re-started banished actually.  Its kinda surprising how much fun that game is, even after all this time.  So far, my little town is into its 5th winter.  And has a few homeless people.  (ofc, if they'd go get the stone I marked, they wouldn't be homeless, but thats neither here nor there).

Homeless people in the cold have always puzzled me. Birds fly south for the winter... 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Homeless people in the cold have always puzzled me. Birds fly south for the winter... 

well yea, but where would people in banished go?  their entire world is snowy.  Though I have no idea how they're still alive after a few days of no homes in te snow.  But they're not dead yet!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattig89ch said:

well yea, but where would people in banished go?  their entire world is snowy.  Though I have no idea how they're still alive after a few days of no homes in te snow.  But they're not dead yet!

Snow may actually be better than just plain cold.  Snow is a pretty good insulator, and you can build walls from it if there is enough, which can keep out the wind.  between those 2 things, a little snow cave may be warmer than some poorly built shack in terms of winter survival, as long as you have something to lift you off the ground when you sleep.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently played Lego Coty Undercover (got around a dozen error messages while playing) and Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game. Both were pretty different from regular Lego games since City was built with the Wii U in mind and not the current systems while Ninjago didn't have levels so the hub levels were the levels.

Decided to start playing Yooka Laylee and I love it so far! It is such a throwback to the N64 days since it's a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie (helps that the same creative team made both). It's pretty meta with the characters knowing they're in a platformer game, having expansion pack worlds, no one actually talking (just like in Banjo) and even jokes about modern games and how 'old school' everything is since one of the pagies (the new Jiggy) is in pieces and not one piece. Even the art style looks like the Banjo style, just adapted with today's graphics. If you enjoyed Rare games from their Nintendo days you'll love this game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend recently introduced me to Nethack. That's a pretty awesome game.

Also playing Minecraft.

And Mario Brawl on occasion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

Finally got Monster Hunter World! 

Is it the actual game or the test phase? Let me know how it is.

 I’m still playing Destiny 2. As much as I hate what they have done to it I’m paid till the 2nd DLC so I’m getting my angry $ worth out of it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Briar King said:

Is it the actual game or the test phase? Let me know how it is.

 I’m still playing Destiny 2. As much as I hate what they have done to it I’m paid till the 2nd DLC so I’m getting my angry $ worth out of it.

 Actual game, came out last Thursday. 

I only got a couple hours in, but my initial impressions are that: 

1) It's faster, progress wise. You pretty much fight a large monster in your first mission. Not sure how I feel about this. 

2) Voice acting is fine

3) Crafting is more streamlined. So, for example, it used to be that you needed a herb and a blue mushroom to make a potion. Now, you just need an herb and you can set it to automatically make it into a potion once you collect it. I miss the old system for some reason. 

4) You have infinite whetstones! And you don't have to make pick axes or bug nets! What sort of witchcraft is this?

Despite all this, it is still very much a Monster Hunter game, and definitely one that would be great as an introduction to the series. We'll see if it is as good as Monster Hunter 4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought Monster Hunter World for Xbox. Really wanted to do my PS4 but I must expand the box or it’s just a wasted $554.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Bought Monster Hunter World for Xbox. Really wanted to do my PS4 but I must expand the box or it’s just a wasted $554.

Drats! I'm PS4. 

I'm enjoying it so far, hopefully you have a good experience, too! I've heard hushed whispers that the XBox version had some bugs to work out to begin with. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game sucks. I have no clue what I’m doing in combat. The voice acting/lip sync is highly cringeworthy. My partner I want nothing to do with other then to chop her head off. She is extremely annoying and stupid. The cat is cool. That combat experience truly was horrible. Nothing but a button mash fest and I kept drinking my potions in the middle one after another.

 

ah found the training area. Gonna spend time in it before I go on 2nd quest. 

Edited by Briar King
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Briar King said:

This game sucks. I have no clue what I’m doing in combat. The voice acting/lip sync is highly cringeworthy. My partner I want nothing to do with other then to chop her head off. She is extremely annoying and stupid. The cat is cool. That combat experience truly was horrible. Nothing but a button mash fest and I kept drinking my potions in the middle one after another.

 

ah found the training area. Gonna spend time in it before I go on 2nd quest. 

Yeah, if you treat it as a button smash you're going to have a bad time! Training with a weapon like Sword and Shield should help you get a hang of things. 

Things get better with the lip sync (there is not as much) and though I think you can turn off your partner talking during a quest, you probably want to wait until after you get used to things. 

Potions  and Mega Potion are incredibly easy to make in this game, you just need to gather herbs and honey and the game should be set to automatically craft them. 

I'll post some videos that should be helpful. 

So, this is a decent general video where the person does not pointlessly start talking about impact and slash damage. I'll be on the look out for videos on  other specific topics. 

Edit to add: @Briar King rather than overwhelm you with videos which may just complicate matters, I found this group where you can seek personalised help from veterans.

https://adoptahunter.org

Edited by TheOrlionThatComesBefore
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd was much better. I enjoyed it. Fainted once against great jagars. Kinda item overload though. I didn’t realize I was timed I just started bypassing everything. Experienced some very disorienting fast forward moments though. Maybe that’s one of those Xbone bugs? This is supposed to be powerful new Xbone to... wonder if PS4 has this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monster Hunter World is one of those games that I enjoy watching others play but that I probably won't play myself. Team Four Star had some very funny streams of that game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m about 36 hrs of playtime into it. Couldn’t say what my progress completion is but I just opened up the 3rd area. Most of that 36 hrs is just playing expedition and learning weapons and I’m still only picking up a mere fraction of combat. Been so dang fun though. This was a horrible start that turned into a true gem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.