Link Von Kelsier Harvey

What are you playing right now?

1,749 posts in this topic

Picked up a virtual console version of Majora's Mask and started on that a few days ago.  I don't get much time to play usually, so I haven't gotten very far.  also, embarrassingly, I already had to look up some hints just to get to the first dungeon (I had pieced together most of what I needed to do, but didn't think to go talk to one person that I needed to talk to).  still overall I like it.

Currently shooting cute bullets in Enter The Gungeon and still trying to get past The Keep...oh, I'm also playing Asassin's Creed 1 all over again because my PC downgraded (Don't ask)

Playing Skyrim for the first time!

Just now, Ookla the Conflusled said:

Morrowind is still the best.

curse of Osiris hits tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Conflusled said:

It's a great time. I logged over 200 hrs on that game and only played the whole campaign one time

I'm well into Shadows of War, I've probably logged about 40 hours in so far. I'm near the end, just grinding through the final act. They really kinda went against LOTR lore, but for the first hal fof the game I don't mind cause it's still really really fun. This last bit, the Shadow Wars is a real grind and kinda frustrating. Once I finish I'm either going to go back to some of my pc games or start playing Skyrim on my roomie's Xbox. 

Skyrim is amazingly fun.  I've dumped way too much time into it, though I'm only finally getting to the last DLC for it for the first time.  I don't spend just a ton of money on game stuff, so when someone gifted me a copy of the Special Edition...

Shadows of War and Shadows of Mordor are two games I really want to try some time.

Oh man Osiris has some purrty eye candy! Wish I could see it in 4K!

So, I just ordered a switch.  ...For when the neices and nephews come over.  One always has his game console of choice with him (recently, its become the switch).  So I can set both up on my network, give the joycons to the kids, and let them play in the other room.  Its its not, so I can play breath of the wild.

Nope, and I definitely did not order breath of the wild as well as the switch.  (non-nonchalant whistling)

On 4.12.2017 at 7:30 AM, NamelessThirteenth said:

Currently shooting cute bullets in Enter The Gungeon and still trying to get past The Keep...oh, I'm also playing Asassin's Creed 1 all over again because my PC downgraded (Don't ask)

Who are you playing with? Hunter?

Piece of general advice - I know it sounds obvious but it's actually good advice - focus on dodging the bullets over killing enemies. Nice training exercise is to not use dodge roll, learning to sidestep bullets is crucial.

I am playing BotW again. I bought the DLC back when it came out and now I'm playing the second part. It is just reminding me how freaking awesome this game is.

Just had a 13GB update hit for FF15. I think it might be Ep Ignis. Excited for that as he is the only party member I actually liked. I really hated being limited to only those 3 for the ENTIRE game baring a very short time with Arreana and the guy at beginning.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Ookla the Conflusled said:

I am playing BotW again. I bought the DLC back when it came out and now I'm playing the second part. It is just reminding me how freaking awesome this game is.

What is the second DLC like?  I havent had a chance to look it up.  I didn't buy the DLC earlier because I figured I at least wanted to know what both pieces were like before I made that purchase.

@Dunkum You ever wanted Link to ride a motorcycle? Yeah. DLC 2's got that. Want painfully difficult (for me, some of them) geography map puzzles that you need to solve to find the new shrines? DLC 2's got that. Want epic stealth mode where you have a quarter heart throughout the section, and you get to feel like a complete beast while you snipe all the enemies (that's how I did it.)? DLC 2's got that. Also, did I mention that Link get's A FRICKIN' MOTORCYCLE?!?! 

Plus, I thought the first DLC was pretty great on it's own. I highly recommend. 

Edited by Ookla the Conflusled

15 hours ago, The Invested Beard said:

I got sucked back into Warframe. So much fun.

I was always amazed at how clean and generally smooth that game is.  I've been playing it off and on since very early on, before there was any lore at all and there were only like 3-4 frames available.  I can't believe how far it has come.

I don't play it a ton anymore, but it's still great if I just want to spend 10-15 crushing a couple of levels with a friend or two.

19 minutes ago, Mulk said:

I was always amazed at how clean and generally smooth that game is.  I've been playing it off and on since very early on, before there was any lore at all and there were only like 3-4 frames available.  I can't believe how far it has come.

I don't play it a ton anymore, but it's still great if I just want to spend 10-15 crushing a couple of levels with a friend or two.

Yeah I started playing it when it first released, took a long break and now I'm back. It's like a completely different game now (in a good way).

5 minutes ago, The Invested Beard said:

Yeah I started playing it when it first released, took a long break and now I'm back. It's like a completely different game now (in a good way).

Nice.  So you missed a couple of huge lore bombs and reworks then...were you playing when Second Dream and all that came out?  That was all kinds of cool.

The new open zone on Earth is pretty amazing.  I've only been in a couple of times, but had a blast doing it.

2 minutes ago, Mulk said:

Nice.  So you missed a couple of huge lore bombs and reworks then...were you playing when Second Dream and all that came out?  That was all kinds of cool.

The new open zone on Earth is pretty amazing.  I've only been in a couple of times, but had a blast doing it.

Yeah I just got through the second dream quest and doing a bunch of other lore stuff. Really well done story on DE's end I like what they did a lot. Finally answered some questions I've had for years about how some of that stuff works.

Edited by The Invested Beard

Destiny, Destiny 2, BotW and Awesomenauts

Edited by T8*

Ori and the Blind Forest is really good. Crazy plot! It can be hard to not rage quit though.

Right now, I'm dividing my time between Absolver and Breath of the Wild.

I'm rather enjoying breath of the wild, but I'm running into the same problem I always have with open world games.  They are just too much, and I get sick and tired of playing them.  Its not that the game isn't fun, but that run/ride between towers, and just the overal grind of the game, makes me want to put it down and move on.  So far, I unlocked 2 memories, got a decent horse with 4 health, 2 speed, and 4 stamina, And I just found the kingdom of the zora.

As for Absolver, I'm kinda surprised how much I'm enjoying this game.  I tried the first 2 dark souls games, but I didn't enjoy them.  The atmosphere was so depressing, that I just didn't want to continue.  Absolver is kinda depressing as well, but not like dark souls.  Rather then being dark and dreary, your wandering through brighly lit rooms and rubble.  Instead of walking corpses, your dealing with other people who are trying to do what you are doing, or have already tried to do so and failed miserably.  It just feels...better to me.  So far, I managed to beat  Ama Saba, the third marked one.  That was not an easy fight, but I got her!  Took me 6 or 7 tries total, 3 of which were concentrated on taking her down.

Combat in Ignis is fun but like the other 2 Ep I’m left wondering why they couldn’t fight this awesome in the main game. Very frustrating! The worst part of this Ep is being in Altissa. That is my least fav place in any FF game ever.

Shadow of Mordor is good, a bit repetitive but very fun to play.

4 hours ago, Idealistic said:

Shadow of Mordor is good, a bit repetitive but very fun to play.

I bought this for my Xbone and can’t really get into it at all. The enemies become overwhelming to me and I get frustrated and turn it off.