What are you playing right now?

@Left @RippleGylfI'm debating whether or not to dabble in FEH. Right now though, I'm trying to focu on getting through Fire Emblem Fates.

... On which point! Very nearly finished the Conquest route, and damnation. The gameplay for this has been one of the most downright satisfying experiences I've ever had.
The story has been... less good, but still. The actual gameplay was fantastic.

I have, I think, three or four maps to finish, then onto Revelations... which I have heard very bad things about, and am debating doing some kind of a Let's Play for on that accord :P

2 hours ago, Tristan said:

I'm playing Thief, but I'm looking for a game that's story-heavy, like Pillars of Eternity or the KOToR games. Any suggestions?

Mass Effect, if you haven't played it, is a LOT like the Kotor games and is made by Bioware, who made the first Kotor. It has a Paragon and Renegade morality system that scores you different conversation choices exactly like it does with Light and Dark side powers. 

2 hours ago, Tristan said:

I'm playing Thief, but I'm looking for a game that's story-heavy, like Pillars of Eternity or the KOToR games. Any suggestions?

Metal Gear Solid

Red Dead Redemption

oh! Dishonored

BASTION (*shudders in pleasure)

Witcher

uh, Dragon Age.

You should get into indie games :D 

I for one started playing Sunless Sea today after it sat in my GOG games cart for a few weeks XD I died. Alot.

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Metal Gear Solid

Red Dead Redemption

oh! Dishonored

Witcher

uh, Dragon Age.

You should get into indie games :D 

I for one started playing Sunless Sea today after it sat in my GOG games cart for a few weeks XD I died. Alot.

I'll check these out! My boyfriend keeps telling me I would like Dishonored so I'll start with that one! Thanks ^_^ 

6 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Bastion seconded...

BUT WHY HAS NOONE MENTIONED TRANSISTOR?!

Also, Dishonored is awesome. One day I'll build a PC and finish it.

Edited by Oversleep

It's not in the same category as many of these games, but I've spent a good bit of time on Marvel's Contest of Champions lately.  It's basically Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat on the iPhone/iPad, but with the various Marvel characters.  They use versions of some directly from the MCU, and some directly from the comics, so it's a fun mix.  Quake, for instance, looks exactly like Chloe Bennet in the AoS TV show, but Hawkeye has the purple eye mask and logo. Falcon is again just basically photographed and put in from the MCU, and there's two versions of Vision: the MCU one and the comic one.  Then there's characters like Gwenpool (the alternate universe mashup of Gwen Stacy and Deadpool, which is hilarious), and a ton of others.

It's one of the "freemium" games where they want you to buy stuff to make the game easier for you, but I haven't spent a dime yet and it doesn't really matter.  There's nothing you can't do without paying, just stuff you have to stop and wait for if you don't want to pay.

7 hours ago, Jondesu said:

It's not in the same category as many of these games, but I've spent a good bit of time on Marvel's Contest of Champions lately.  It's basically Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat on the iPhone/iPad, but with the various Marvel characters.  They use versions of some directly from the MCU, and some directly from the comics, so it's a fun mix.  Quake, for instance, looks exactly like Chloe Bennet in the AoS TV show, but Hawkeye has the purple eye mask and logo. Falcon is again just basically photographed and put in from the MCU, and there's two versions of Vision: the MCU one and the comic one.  Then there's characters like Gwenpool (the alternate universe mashup of Gwen Stacy and Deadpool, which is hilarious), and a ton of others.

It's one of the "freemium" games where they want you to buy stuff to make the game easier for you, but I haven't spent a dime yet and it doesn't really matter.  There's nothing you can't do without paying, just stuff you have to stop and wait for if you don't want to pay.

Aye. Used to play that a tonne.  Black Panther ftw XD

On 4/25/2017 at 7:00 AM, Tristan said:

I'll check these out! My boyfriend keeps telling me I would like Dishonored so I'll start with that one! Thanks ^_^ 

Another one to consider is Jade Empire. It's also a bioware game, from about the same time as Kotor, and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's got that same bioware feel, while still being very unique and its own thing.

Baldur's Gate enhanced edition is phenomenal isometric rpg from back in the day, updated and tweaked for modern sensibilities. If you liked Pillars of Eternity there's a good chance you'll like BG.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished Jade Empire last night. It was a great game, and I'm glad I finally decided to play it. I'm certain I missed a fair amount of stuff, so sometime in the future I'll have to re-play and complete all the rest of that Bioware goodness. 

So, I've got a couple options for what to play next. I really should finish Valkyrie Chronicles..... But I'm also feeling like replaying Tales of Symphonia.... Baldurs Gate sounds fun too....and I've been thinking about trying Alien Isolation. I'm not really into horror, but it could be fun, and it'd be a game I haven't played before.