What are you playing right now?

1 hour ago, Mr. Staccato said:

Oh my God, you're mom is awesome. Me however - I'm currently playing ObsCure, ObsCure: The Aftermath, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, an english translation of Nanashi no Game on the DS, and as soon as I'm done with any of those I'm going to go back to playing the original Fatal Frame and maybe Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. If none of you hear from me in the next couple of days, then that's probably because I've suffered from a heart attack or a caffeine crash of epic proportions.

Whoops, nope, typo. *im* still playing FE H. My mum only uses her phone to play solitaire. 

Replaying Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 with the latest edition of the Restored Content mod. I'm almost done with the really slow parts of Telos, so my least favorite parts are almost done. 

I'm thinking about playing Diablo 2, but I'm not sure. 

On 3/23/2017 at 3:39 PM, Left said:

Replaying Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 with the latest edition of the Restored Content mod. I'm almost done with the really slow parts of Telos, so my least favorite parts are almost done. 

I'm thinking about playing Diablo 2, but I'm not sure. 

Two thumbs up! Two of my favorite RPGs ever. 

Ugh... Telos has some really slow parts, doesn't it? My last playthrough I got stuck where you get attacked coming back to the ship without your main character on the planet that you either get Mira or Hanharr on. Can't remember the name just now. 

7 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Two thumbs up! Two of my favorite RPGs ever. 

Ugh... Telos has some really slow parts, doesn't it? My last playthrough I got stuck where you get attacked coming back to the ship without your main character on the planet that you either get Mira or Hanharr on. Can't remember the name just now. 

Nar Shadda. There are parts of that planet that I love, and then there are parts that I hate almost as much as Peragus and Telos. I'm almost halfway through Onderon/Dxun and have made my lightsaber-double bladed- but haven't jedi fied any of my companions yet. I'm trying to take a non-jedi order light side approach, while still spamming force lightning at anything that moves :D 

I'm not sure if this should go in the Reading or Playing thread, frankly. :wacko:

I'm doing another play through of Steins;Gate, this time gunning for the True Ending, with a guide because hidden flags are hard to hit :ph34r: I've actually been wanting to replay this game for a while, so I could do some analysis of it, so... yeah. That's a thing.

On 3/26/2017 at 5:36 PM, Darkness Ascendant said:

SHADOWRUN RETURNS
AWWW HELL YEAAAH. :D
Cyberpunk is such an awesome genre :D and there is MAGIC TOOO :D:D:D

Good game *thumbs up*. And Dragonfall is considerably better, same mechanics but they nailed the story and characters way better the second time round.

---

I'm currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Yeah the conversation animations are bad, but they aren't a dealbreaker to me, I'm loving the game.

46 minutes ago, Claincy said:

I'm currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Yeah the conversation animations are bad, but they aren't a dealbreaker to me, I'm loving the game.

I'd be interested in hearing more about Andromeda :ph34r: I really enjoyed the original trilogy... or at least, the first two games. By the time I got to Mass Effect 3, I'd heard so many negative reviews about it that the games flaws were really accentuated and I just could not get into it.

...anyway.

I've been playing some Fire Emblem lately. Shocking no one, I'm terrible at strategy games, but still, I really enjoyed Awakening... enough so that I went ahead and purchased the three Fate routes.

After about 30 hours of frequent grinding and save scumming, I finally managed to finish the Birthright route. And...
It was okay. I have problems with the story, to be honest, but I don't know if I want to go into details regarding that yet; I figure I ought to finish my way through the Conquest and Revelations routes, to give the game a fair shake.

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

I'd be interested in hearing more about Andromeda :ph34r: I really enjoyed the original trilogy... or at least, the first two games. By the time I got to Mass Effect 3, I'd heard so many negative reviews about it that the games flaws were really accentuated and I just could not get into it.

Fairly briefly because I need sleep soon:

• -facial animations are substandard
  • -the writing is rather dull at points
  • +the writing is rather excellent at other points. In general I've found the dialogue surrounding squad members really good and a lot of the side story dialogue decent->good but some of the main plot parts misses the mark
  • +the combat is a lot of fun, the jump packs can behave erratically on occasion but it's not too common.
  • +It feels most like a spiritual successor to the first mass effect. The exploration pillar is significantly better than it has ever been.
  • +There is a lot of content, but
  • -some of it can get a little samey. Fortunately you really don't need to do everything.
  • +Multiplayer is also a lot of fun. I spent more time in me3's mp than the sp campaign in the end and mea's mp is basically an iteration on that. There isn't too much content for it yet but there's about the same amount as there was at launch for me3 and if the post-launch support is at all similar there is plenty more to come.
  • +The conversation system is vastly improved by replacing Paragon/Renegade with Emotional/Logical/Casual/Professional
  • +Ryder (I've only played as Sara so I can't speak for Scott) has a lot more character than Sheppard did imo and is more dynamic and varied. Sheppard's tough nice guy or tough nasty guy was fun and all but I'm very much enjoying playing as someone who is way less experienced and (depending on dialogue choices) might be somewhat struggling to handle the job she's been landed with. Succeeding of course, but there's more depth here I feel. It also allows you to roleplay much better as a more complicated individual which is excellent.
  • -Planet and system scanning is just as dull as in previous games, they still haven't found a way to make it fun in any lasting way.
  • +/-Looking out your window in the Tempest and seeing the system/planet you are near feels so good. The travelling animations are cool at first but get a little tiresome though.
  • +The tempest is a nice ship, I like it better than the Normandy in how it's designed and your squad mates move around it more and converse with eachother. No loading screens are nice but loading doors while better are still irritating at times.
  • +Everyone on the ship has decent->really good characterisation and can be conversed with like a squad mate, no engineers with a tiny smattering of dialogue this time round. (Not that I disliked the lesser crew in previous games but I appreciate a smaller number of more fleshed out characters.)
  • +While I said the main story writing was mixed the actual plot details and setting I'm totally on board with, it's just the dialogue that doesn't make it at times.
  • -Boss level enemies can still trigger instant-kill animations which is usually easily avoidable but still annoying when it happens.
  • -/+There are bugs aside from animation that can be frustrating at times but they were fairly infrequent. I've had the game crash once in what's now probably 30-40 hours or so.

Overall I'm really enjoying it.

(Not so brief, oh well. This doesn't cover everything but eh, it's enough.)

Edit: To note, I did really enjoy me3 personally though I don't deny it had flaws. The characters (and mp) made it all worth it to me.

Edited by Claincy

Finished my re-play of Kotor 2. I played as a female lightside user who doesn't necessarily regret being exiled by the Jedi. I messed up pretty badly on which planets to do first, so I got some characters way too late and wasn't able to get enough influence with them to awaken their force awareness. That was frustrating, but I was very completetionist about everything else. This latest edition of the Restored Content mod worked wonders on the final planet, the amount of dialogue and stuff that got put back in and helps explain the plot and characters was very nice to have. 
One thing that did confuse me was that the HK factory level was supposed to be restored, but it didn't unlock for me. I'm not sure if this is just due to me not fulfilling the quest requirements or just a bug in it's restoration. 

Anyway, I'm not moving on to another Bioware classic, Jade Empire. I've never played this one before, so there's a whole lot of me being nervous about not finding everything to do. I'm playing it on my laptop, so the controls are very....bleh. I'm going to look into getting a controller or a good gaming mouse. I'm going to college in the fall, and the laptop is probably going to be my only gaming machine, so I'd like to be able to actually play games on it comfortably. 

On 3/19/2017 at 8:28 AM, Left said:

I finished the original diablo. Dang, what a clsssic. It was phenomenal, such a well designed game. 

Im still playing Fire Emblem Heroes. 

Ive started playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 again. 

Heroes of Might and Magic is one of my favorite series of games. :)

And FE H is awesome! Just got the spring versions of both Lucina and Camilla. :D

11 minutes ago, RippleGylf said:

Heroes of Might and Magic is one of my favorite series of games. :)

And FE H is awesome! Just got the spring versions of both Lucina and Camilla. :D

I've got the spring version of Xander...Not my fav:lol: I've almost got enough orbs for another full summons, so with the rewards for the voting gauntlet I'll have enough to do two full summons. I really want Takumi or Hawkeye 5*. At the moment I'm maining Lilinia, Female Corrin, and Seliph ( all five star) and swapping in male Robin and Tiki (Four stars). They're all at the level cap and inherited some pretty good skill sets. Takumi I want for obvious reasons. Hawkeye is supposed to be on of the best 5 star axe users aside from Camillia and Hector. I'm not a fan of Knights, and Camilla seems to have too many weaknesses. I'll have enough feathers to upgrade a fourstar soon, so I'll have to decide between Tiki, Robin, and my level 30 Hawkeye. 

So I'm planning on getting a corded xbox controller to hook up to my laptop for the many many games I have on steam that don't work well for WASD. Been asking my friends if they have any old controllers they want to sell because I'm trying to be money smart and don't want to pay shipping on a controller I order online:rolleyes: It's almost yardsale season so I might be able to find one in a sale if I spend enough time looking. I might check my local gamestop and walmart, but I doubt they have any corded ones, and if they do they probably won't be cheap. Jade Empire really needs a controller I'm finding, and a laptop's touch scroller is not nearly as good as a mouse. I'mma look for a mouse too, but again, don't want to spend much. 

I had good luck with FE H, summoned 5* Lucina, Merric, and Sheena, along with some lame 3*'s that I can inherit skills from. Lucina and Merric definitely weren't my preffered summons, but I am liking them the more I train them up. I'm probably never going to use Sheena, I might convert her to feathers so I can promote Hawkeye. 

Just grabbed Lego Batman 3 from Steam, on sale, with the Season Pass that has some extra DLC's.  I've always enjoyed the LEGO games, though usually I've played them with a friend.  The Marvel Superheroes one was the first I played entirely on my own, and this will likely be the second.

I went to gamestop on the way to picking someone up yesterday and I found a 3rd party xbox 360 corded controller for a bit under $20. It took me a good two hours of fiddling with the driver software and compatibility to get my laptop to recognize the controller, but it works well now. The controller is much more comfortable than the logitech gamepad my dad uses, although the buttons are a little clicky. All-in-all, I'm pretty happy with it.

Now that I have a controller I'm actually getting into Jade Empire, and it's quite the good game so far. Interesting world, decent combat, and excellent roleplaying opportunities so far.