What are you playing right now?

On 11/29/2016 at 8:38 PM, Ookla the Bearded said:

I've tried a couple and like I said, the port wasn't that great. I've heard the 7 port is good, but they have a pretty bad track record. Plus I want the new and shiny one. ^_^

The X/X-2 remaster on Steam is really well done. IX was also done well. 7&8 are re-releases of the prior pc versions. 3-6 are ports of the mobile ports, but still play well enough. XIII is also available, but we won't go there. Lol, some familiar summons and chocobos does not a Final Fantasy make. 

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

Approaching 27 hrs playtime and only on ch 2 of FF15. My playtimes on FF's usually exceed 100+ hrs as I do everything and always max out before final boss. Exception was FF12 where I only made it to lvl she 80-70 before I got fed up. That game was hard to grind high exp.

Doing a current playthrough and is it just me or did FF12's story go a little off the rails somewhere after Stillshrine? Like I was really into it and then by the time I hit Pharos I realized I was just slogging my way through. Thinking about forgoing the rest of my hunts. Also, Espers... What are they good for? Other than utilizing their elemental resistances, I haven't found a mark or a boss that I couldn't just plow through with attack gambits and a decoyed berserker. 

I never finished it before and decided I needed the story while I was waiting for 15. I still have to go to Bahamut, but it's pretty much end game for me. The lack of a real villian in the 2nd half isn't helping. Cid wasn't that menacing and Vayne started with potential but hasn't really had a single development scene for at least the last 4-5 storyline stops. 

I recently started up another run through in the original dishonored.  I'm being quite a bit more bloodthirsty then my previous run throughs.  And its interesting seeing the characters react to a more blood thirsty play through.

Spoiler

It actually inspired me to kill an ally character, and the game didn't insta-fail me either.

Samuel the boatman actually warned the people lighthouse I was coming, after I killed every target except Sokolov.  I still feel a bit bad about the woman hosting the party, she was just a means to an end. 

After some consideration, I think I might spare the brothers, and the woman hosting the party.  But I'd def kill the assassin, the lord regent, the religious leader, and I might even kill Sokolov (creating the cure is a good thing, but using human beings as cannon fodder to do it isn't).

Its proving to be a very interesting play through.

15 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Doing a current playthrough and is it just me or did FF12's story go a little off the rails somewhere after Stillshrine? Like I was really into it and then by the time I hit Pharos I realized I was just slogging my way through. Thinking about forgoing the rest of my hunts. Also, Espers... What are they good for? Other than utilizing their elemental resistances, I haven't found a mark or a boss that I couldn't just plow through with attack gambits and a decoyed berserker. 

I never finished it before and decided I needed the story while I was waiting for 15. I still have to go to Bahamut, but it's pretty much end game for me. The lack of a real villian in the 2nd half isn't helping. Cid wasn't that menacing and Vayne started with potential but hasn't really had a single development scene for at least the last 4-5 storyline stops. 

Oh yeah it def wanders from what I remember, it was 10 yrs ago since I beat it new. Still it was miles better then the mess that is FF13.

The opening of 12 is spectular with that war.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing Destiny with max discipline and strength as a stormcaller with arcbolt grenade, superconductor, chain lightning, feedback, and arc web while using zhalo supercell and claws of the ahamkara results in pure chaos.

Edited by Straw

16 hours ago, Straw said:

Playing Destiny with max discipline and strength as a stormcaller with arcbolt grenade, superconductor, chain lightning, feedback, and arc web while using zhalo supercell and claws of the ahamkara results in pure chaos.

I was trying to get lucky enuff to get a RNG icebreaker yr 3 last week, no luck. Haven't played at all this week since reset tues even though I love SRL month. I put FF15 back on and I'm not a bit sorry about it

Some good choices.

me in no particular order.

Prudence II(vanilla Destiny NM faction sniper). Silimars Wrath(van IB auto), Thorn, Zhalo, Monte Carlo, Hardlight, Silvered Dread, new IB shotgun, Dr Nope(van Vanguard auto), any legendary sword though I think Void looks best out of 3.

def shout out to Hawksaw to but I prefer my low impact high ROF autos like the new IB auto! Love that one to.

Edited by Briar King

1 hour ago, PlanetReelo said:

I've just completed my second run through of Persona 4 Golden. I'm 5 hours in to Final Fantasy XV and on chapter 12 of Fire Emblem: Awakening. 

And that's it for the moment. I'm in my final year of med school and that pretty much eats up all my time. :(

Hopefully you watched the FF movie 1st. I'm 57 hrs of playtime in and still only on ch 3 lvl 32.

Just now, Briar King said:

Hopefully you watched the FF movie 1st. I'm 57 hrs of playtime in and still only on ch 3 lvl 32.

I've bought it but haven't gotten around to watching it. Does it add a lot to the story of FFXV? So far I'm loving the combat, though I'm still getting the hang of it. Still a measly level 14! Got absolutely slaughtered by some monsters when I got too gung-ho and went out at night :P

47 minutes ago, PlanetReelo said:

I've bought it but haven't gotten around to watching it. Does it add a lot to the story of FFXV? So far I'm loving the combat, though I'm still getting the hang of it. Still a measly level 14! Got absolutely slaughtered by some monsters when I got too gung-ho and went out at night :P

Oh yea it adds quite a bit of background and it's just plain fun to watch. I'd watch it asap. I watched it before I even hit play on game as it's a prequel

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 4:44 PM, LeftVash said:

Steam sale time!!!!!!

Grabbed Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, will be playing as soon as installed. 

I grabbed this one as well and I have to say, it's the game that shouldn't work as well as it does. I mean overall it seems very generic, but the gameplay is fantastic and sucks you in. Really good open world RPG.

I've played a lot of Rogue Legacy in the last few days. It's fun, but I'm also very bad at it... I can barely get the first bonus boss (where you are set to level 0 and all that) down to like 2/3 health...

I also started a playthrough of Final Fantasy X where I'm taking all the characters through the wrong paths (Yuna is going through Tidus' path and vice versa, etc). Surprisingly, I'm slightly underpowered. Who knew?

Finished inFAMOUS: Second Son (evil path since I've done/seen good path so I was feeling a lot like an Epic), in meantime I beat Portal in one sitting and I have just started Gravity Rush. I can tell you that Windrunning is gonna be awesome :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...