What are you playing right now?

Farcry 2 was pretty good, and LA Noise was like GTA, but not as much fun. Mostly because they actually expected you to drive safely. I heard good things about Mercs 2, but never played it.

I'm kinda alternating my time between Shadowrun Returns and Sunless Sea.

I planned on keeping those 3 for sure. No clue when I ll hook my 360 back up though. PS4 has taken every moment since I got it last September. I plan on trying one of the Splinter games just to see if I can get into what he seemed to love about that series. That's not a genre I typic play

Recently bought Star Wars Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy. It's a lot of fun, and I'm understanding some of the unexplained references in some of the later Zahn books.

That's a trilogy of games I never got around to even though I bought 2 brand new. I never even opened it up and I still have somewhere in my room. I'm not a PC gamer. I enjoyed Kyles limited appearances in my vast EU library and I'm still feeling the sting of the EU dump...

Ed: I bought the guide with it also so $70 that's never been touched lol

Edited by Briar King

Briar King, I understand how you feel about the Star Wars EU dump. Personally, I feel sorry for all those writers that contributed to the EU.

I bought Star Wars: Rebellion yesterday from gog.com. And today, I intend to buy TIE Fighter. Both are great games that I have been hoping Lucasarts would update for modern operating systems. And now, Disney has done just that. I could also be tempted to pick up the Dark Forces series. I already own them, but only for older systems. Having versions designed to run on Windows 7/8 would be good.

LeftInch, if you've not got it yet, buy Dark Forces. That's the first part in the Jedi Knight series of games, and it costs pennies on Steam. You're also missing Jedi Outcast, which comes before Academy.

I loved X Wing/Tie Fighter. Those took up my early and mid teen yrs in the 90's. Classic games.

I just bought Witcher 2 on 360 from Amazon. I've never played them but the trailer of Witcher 3 is so cool to had to get onboard. 1 is PC only so I am starting on 2. I've heard its stellar.

• 2 weeks later...

Alice: Madness Returns. I love it. I always play things on the most difficult levels, and usually they still aren't very difficult, but this one fulfills the promise. I feel like I get more out of a game if it is difficult. The level design is genius, and the hints back to both the Alice stories is remarkable while putting the story into a different context. The game juxtaposes macabre elements to more light-hearted elements in the most perfectly executed way. 

• 1 month later...

Just finishing up a game of Fallout 3. I'm level 30, have most of my skills maxed out, and have only a few more missions of Broken Steel (DLC pack) to do until I've completed the game entirely.

After that, Evil Genius.

I played in the beta for ESO, and decided then and there that I wouldn't be buying it. I didn't like the way they took the totally open and free form characters and gameplay from the single player Elder Scrolls games, and funneled them off into Yet Another MMO. Sure, there were some things that made it sort of stand out - a skill system that wasn't just cloned from another game, for example.

But limiting what faction you could be depending on your race was a huge mistake, I think.

had you pre ordered the game, you can play as any race, regardless of faction. but yeh, that's only for the pre orders. I wouldn't let that limit whether i buy it or not anyways. it's set in a time of civil war. so i guess where you're from on the map makes a difference in the bigger picture.
I see where you're coming from though, it might not have been really necessary.

Still, i think the game is excellent 

Also, classes. Why would anyone add classes into an Elder Scrolls game? Again, like the factions I mentioned above, it takes away the entire freeform nature of the single player games, and that was a lot of what made Skyrim great.

Now you are limited as to what you can be, what you can do, where you can go without immediately dying. It sounds like they designed an MMO to attract MMO players into the Elder Scrolls universe, as opposed to the other way around and rewarding their loyal customers who played their single player games by giving them more of the same, but with allies, which is what I believe ESO should have been.

For the same reason I was sorely disappointed by the Old Republic. When it was launched, it was WoW with lightsabers. Almost literally a copy and paste for some of the classes. The world was nice, and the story arcs were good, but it played in an identical way to WoW, and what could have been an awesome open rpg turned out to be just another clone. They could have (and should have) done so much more with the IP. I mean, it was Star Wars, for crying out loud. So many possibilities, all funneled into 'Kill 10 monsters' and a rail shooter.

Edited by Bort

I was all over TOR for about a yr until we heard a new movie was coming and all that was now considered Legends. I refuse to give SW any more $. I will be one of the movie only fans I used to loath so much.

I doubt I will buy ESO. I hear it takes a huge dump on the epic lore that has been built for the past 5 great games.

Anyway I'm still all about Destiny. I also turned ME3 back on after having stopped right at before the ending arc when the game came out after seeing the new Andromeda trailer from E3.

Also, classes. Why would anyone add classes into an Elder Scrolls game? Again, like the factions I mentioned above, it takes away the entire freeform nature of the single player games, and that was a lot of what made Skyrim great.

Now you are limited as to what you can be, what you can do, where you can go without immediately dying. It sounds like they designed an MMO to attract MMO players into the Elder Scrolls universe, as opposed to the other way around and rewarding their loyal customers who played their single player games by giving them more of the same, but with allies, which is what I believe ESO should have been.

For the same reason I was sorely disappointed by the Old Republic. When it was launched, it was WoW with lightsabers. Almost literally a copy and paste for some of the classes. The world was nice, and the story arcs were good, but it played in an identical way to WoW, and what could have been an awesome open rpg turned out to be just another clone. They could have (and should have) done so much more with the IP. I mean, it was Star Wars, for crying out loud. So many possibilities, all funneled into 'Kill 10 monsters' and a rail shooter.

Fair enough. i guess if someone bought Elder scrolls expecting skyrim they'd be pretty pissed off. definitely more MMO focused.

Classes restrict you heaps but i think that's exactly what they were going for.

I waited a year and a half for them to release it on ps4 so i feel like it was worth the wait haha

Why would anyone add classes to ESO (facepalm)
Freedom and tons of possibilities is pretty much only reason Skyrim is one of if not the best rpg game out there :| And that's obvious future of MMORPG. Every other game worth mentioning in the same genre is trying to get rid of classes... or at least minimize it's impact on game.

Still playing Dota 2. Not sure if I want to get into Path of Exile again. Wanna play CS:GO. Can't... ;((

Bloodbourne literally made me hate PS4. Making such a legendary game an exclusive. I know I'm not going to pay for PS4 just to play Bloodbourne and that's literally only game I would be playing there...

Edited by Cracknut