What are you playing right now?

Well, my Co-worker lent me Forza Horizons:2 and in a day and a half I was level 22 with three of my cars completely monstered out. (I have a Ford Raptor that's an S1 class because "We Mistborn need not make sense.") And then on payday my wife greenlighted me buying Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLCs for Skyrim. Looks like I'm... 

Edit: I don't know how to put videos up or embed anything  :(

Edited by BreathTaker

I've been craving some Zelda, specifically wind waker, Ocarina, and majoras mask, but I dont have any Nintendo console (well I have an old NES, If I could only get it to work). I want to get a Wii U, then get Ocarina and Majoras on the virtual console, plus both Wii games and the wind waker HD rerelease, and then disappear from the world for a few weeks, but until I get around to that I picked up both of the DS Zelda games (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks), and have been playing those. Beat phantom hourglass last night and started up spirit tracks today. the stylus control is really weird, and a large part of why I hadn't picked them up before, but they are pretty fun.

Windwaker HD is so beautiful. It's amazing to see one of your favorite games come back in glorious high definition. Doesn't really change anything, it's just nice to look at.

Windwaker HD is so beautiful. It's amazing to see one of your favorite games come back in glorious high definition. Doesn't really change anything, it's just nice to look at.

I liked Phantom Hourglass, which is kind of a DS sized version of those graphics; though some of the people's faces bothered me, most notably Link's which is a bit of a problem, but not an insurmountable one.

The main thing holding me back from getting a Wii U right now, aside from price, is that I absolutely hate both the Wii and Wii U controllers.  If I were more confident that I could just use a Gamecube controller (I know you need an adapter, but that's doable, just not sure about the control's compatibility with the games themselves) I'd be on it in a heartbeat, but since Nintendo decided to scrap the best controller they ever made for two generations of gimmicky nonsense, I've been less inclined to get their systems.  Even the DS and 3DS I only got because they had great games, and the DS was used from a friend for the price GameStop would have paid him.

Doesn't change anything?

DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING?

I thought they made quite a few useful changes that made the game better than the original GCN version. One such change was the addition of the Speed Sail (Fast Sail? Quick Sail? I forget the official name). That addition alone removes much of the tedious nature of traveling the world. Other minor additions, such as granting you the color pictograph immediately, rather than requiring you to do a side quest that eats up a bottle, were nice changes as well. All in all the little things they tweaked make the experience much better overall.

The main thing holding me back from getting a Wii U right now, aside from price, is that I absolutely hate both the Wii and Wii U controllers.  If I were more confident that I could just use a Gamecube controller (I know you need an adapter, but that's doable, just not sure about the control's compatibility with the games themselves) I'd be on it in a heartbeat, but since Nintendo decided to scrap the best controller they ever made for two generations of gimmicky nonsense, I've been less inclined to get their systems.  Even the DS and 3DS I only got because they had great games, and the DS was used from a friend for the price GameStop would have paid him.

You don't like the Wii U controller? So do you not own an XBox or PS system either? The Wii U Pro controller is the controller for the Wii U, and it is essentially the love child of the 360 controller and the GameCube controller. The GamePad is just a Pro Controller with a screen thrown in the middle, and I've only played one game that required me to use it. For the most part, it is reserved for multiplayer purposes, in which Nintendo has made fantastic use of it. Allowing me to play Hyrule Warriors with a friend, and not having to share a screen, is ingenious. Creating multiplayer gameplay like in NintendoLand where the person using the GamePad can make use of the screen to see things the other players can't is ingenious. I understand the aversion to something so large and lunky, but use it before you judge it. And so long as you aren't planning on playing Rayman Legends, I have yet to play a game that required I use the GamePad. Instead, I turn the console on, navigate the home menu, and play all my games using a Pro controller. The only negative I can even think of about the GamePad is that it auto turns on when I start up the system, so unless I'm okay with having the screen on while I'm playing on my television, I have to take the two extra seconds to turn the screen off to conserve battery. Really not a big deal, and definitely not something you should allow to keep you from experiencing the best next gen console (regardless what the media tells you, the Wii U has the best line-up of games, period).

Back to the Pro controller, it is honestly one of the best controllers I've ever used. It fits in my hands nicely (way better than 360), the buttons are in a comfortable position (like GameCube), and the battery lasts over 80 hours (they advertise 80, but mine goes longer). It's a fantastic controller that I prefer over the GameCube controller (on that note, the GameCube controller currently only works for Smash Bros, to my knowledge). The only complaint I have is that the triggers are digital and not analogue, which affects racing games most noticeably. I don't play racing games, so the lack of gradual compression doesn't bother me, but I know it urks some people. On top of that, the only controller I've ever handled that feels better than the Wii U Pro Contoller is the PS4's  controller.

So my point is this; if the controller is actually the only thing other than money keeping you from grabbing the Wii U, don't let it. Buy a Wii U Pro controller as well and enjoy an amazing console.

Edited by Blaze1616

Doesn't change anything?

DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING?

I thought they made quite a few useful changes that made the game better than the original GCN version. One such change was the addition of the Speed Sail (Fast Sail? Quick Sail? I forget the official name). That addition alone removes much of the tedious nature of traveling the world. Other minor additions, such as granting you the color pictograph immediately, rather than requiring you to do a side quest that eats up a bottle, were nice changes as well. All in all the little things they tweaked make the experience much better overall.

Touche.

You don't like the Wii U controller? So do you not own an XBox or PS system either? The Wii U Pro controller is the controller for the Wii U, and it is essentially the love child of the 360 controller and the GameCube controller. The GamePad is just a Pro Controller with a screen thrown in the middle, and I've only played one game that required me to use it. For the most part, it is reserved for multiplayer purposes, in which Nintendo has made fantastic use of it. Allowing me to play Hyrule Warriors with a friend, and not having to share a screen, is ingenious. Creating multiplayer gameplay like in NintendoLand where the person using the GamePad can make use of the screen to see things the other players can't is ingenious. I understand the aversion to something so large and lunky, but use it before you judge it. And so long as you aren't planning on playing Rayman Legends, I have yet to play a game that required I use the GamePad. Instead, I turn the console on, navigate the home menu, and play all my games using a Pro controller. The only negative I can even think of about the GamePad is that it auto turns on when I start up the system, so unless I'm okay with having the screen on while I'm playing on my television, I have to take the two extra seconds to turn the screen off to conserve battery. Really not a big deal, and definitely not something you should allow to keep you from experiencing the best next gen console (regardless what the media tells you, the Wii U has the best line-up of games, period).

Back to the Pro controller, it is honestly one of the best controllers I've ever used. It fits in my hands nicely (way better than 360), the buttons are in a comfortable position (like GameCube), and the battery lasts over 80 hours (they advertise 80, but mine goes longer). It's a fantastic controller that I prefer over the GameCube controller (on that note, the GameCube controller currently only works for Smash Bros, to my knowledge). The only complaint I have is that the triggers are digital and not analogue, which affects racing games most noticeably. I don't play racing games, so the lack of gradual compression doesn't bother me, but I know it urks some people. On top of that, the only controller I've ever handled that feels better than the Wii U Pro Contoller is the PS4's  controller.

So my point is this; if the controller is actually the only thing other than money keeping you from grabbing the Wii U, don't let it. Buy a Wii U Pro controller as well and enjoy an amazing console.

This is literally the first time I have even heard of the possibility of there being a Wii U controller other than the game pad.  Never once have I seen or even heard mention of the Wii U Pro controller before this.  Every time I see a Wii U, either my friends' or the demo at a store or a commercial it has the GamePad and/or the Wiimote/nunchuck.  I hate the Wiimote with a fiery passion, it is 100% gimmick, and it is mostly super annoying to use.  The game pad is better, and seems like it could have some uses (NES and/or SNES virtual console games would look just fine on that screen), but my main concern with it is the size.  that thing is gargantuan.  I agree the Pro controller looks fine, and is a game changer (pun not intended), it makes me feel a lot more confident about actually being able to play games on the system.  Plus its about 1/5 or 1/6 the cost of getting the dang adapter and a GC controller.

I'm loving FF Type 0!! Combat is extremely simple yet fluid and fun and with 14 characters there's multiple ways to fight. Plus it goes back to early games with text blocks instead of 100% voice. Some of you youngsters may not like that but I'm having great fun reading the text out in different voices to my son.

Replaying Baldur's Gate 2 EE as a sorcerer in anticipation of Legends of the Sword Coast and Torment Tides of Numenera and the new Baldur's Gate game they say they're making.

Edited by LeftInch

Now, I'm working on getting a Kanghaskan with perfect IV's on Pokemon.

Try getting a perfect IV and nature, shiny, hidden ability, serperior. It is the most beautiful thing known to man but took me over 12 hours (I got lucky with a shiny on my 235th egg)and then my friend hacks a lv 100 copy of my work. <_< I do need a  good Kangaskan though. Back to cycling the pokeworld... 

I too once wasted hundreds of hours on pokemon.  Actually, I probably hit a little over a thousand, maybe more.  [A full team of level 100 Rayquazas is the true meaning of Awesome]

Anyway, I quit that and am now playing all the classic games such as legend of zelda, worms, and super smash bros on the ol' 64.