What are you playing right now?

• 2 weeks later...

After having get bored with star wars some time back, and run crusader kings II several times, I now kinda like Dota2. Not having played dota since WC3 and the first of those mods, its kinda fun. Simple and you know baout how long its going to take.

And a year never passes without a few civilization games, wichever civ happends to be the newest of the time ;)

Fot some vaguely strange reason, I cannot stop playing Lego LOTR co-op with my brother. There's just something so funny about hearing Gandalf's voice come out of a lego person. Plus, Gimli and Legolas have even MORE of a bromance in this game. (It's based off the movie, not the book)

Really pleasantly surprised with the Halo 4 Community Forge test Playlist too. Some really great maps.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but the few pages I have seen no one's mentioned CoD?

Well, I've recently gone back to playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 on the 360. Really enjoying it. A heck of a lot more than the new CoDs. If anyone plays, my GT is A Fallible Poet. My brother and I are always open for others to join on us in our ownage!

I just played the demo for the new 3DS Fire Emblem. :D/> Now I must buy it.

I started playing my ambassador copy of Sacred Stones last week for the first time and I fell in love with the Fire Emblem games. I just got Awakening from walmart yesterday and it is absolutely amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tales of the Maj'eyal (Tome 4)/. Free rogue like. Nice 2d engine. Turn based. Incredible depth.Very hard. Has permadeath after so many deaths. Has a nice in game chat (though game is single player) so you can ask questoions. It is turn based. So has alot of strategy. It is a rogue like with randomized dungeons. gets regular updates and mods. New class just added a couple of days ago (there are over a dozen).

Has a nice unlock system. So you get a smaller number of race/class combos to start then as you progress you can unlock more. Makes the game simpler to learn. toom me about 30 to get halfway through the game. I am kind of careless though...

don't remember the url. You can google it.

See my post on Rogue Likes for other ones that I like.

• 1 month later...

I finished my first playthrough of Bioshock Infinite a short time ago and was going to start 1999 mode, now trying to get all the achievements on Skyrim... assuming they don't clash with each other I should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing The Cave. It's an adventure platformer with a wonderful dry sense of humor and a slight dark side. I've never seen an adventure game quite like it before. First of all, you don't have an inventory, so it avoids the common pitfalls of adventure games (inventory bloat and "pick the right random item" puzzles). Each character can carry one item at a time, and that's it.

There are seven characters in the game. At the beginning you choose a party of three to take with you into the cave. Each character has their own special ability and their own little story, and the parts of the cave you encounter changes based on who you chose (so multiple plays are required to get the full experience). You control one character at a time, and can switch freely between them. A lot of the puzzles rely on this mechanic, and sometimes you need to put characters in pretty far-flung parts of a level in order to progress. However, if you leave an area, your other two characters will automatically join you, so you don't need to worry about moving everyone forward.

I believe the creator of Monkey Island was at least partly behind this, which explains the tone and the sense of humor. Even the visuals hark back to Monkey Island somewhat. I've really enjoyed what I've played so far. The only downside is that the platforming is a little clunky.

• 1 year later...