Mistwraith

Minsk Ghoul

I'm sorry guys, maybe this question is already answered, but I want to know... How do mistwraiths reproduce? Kandras have genders, but their genders can be established by Blessings, just like sentience. So do mistwraith reproduce by dividing, or they can mate?... OMG, what I'm asking about. :wacko:

?? Their genders can be established by Blessings? No. Mistwraiths and kandra have biological genders. TenSoon comments that each gender has a unique scent that a mistwraith can detect. Mistwraiths reproduce sexually. That we know of, kandra don't, although knowing that your offspring would be a mindless animal would convince me, at least, to take birth control seriously.

What I want to know is, how well could kandra mimic a person? Could a kandra as a man sire children? Could a kandra mimicking a female bear a child? We know their blood is still human blood when it leaves there system, so there's not actually any reason to suppose that kandra cannot at least be fathers.

Isn't there something about inquisitor descendants being more likely to be allomancers, discounting the . . . complications?

Would kandra offspring end up inheriting portions of the Blessings of its parents and end up being like 1% more intelligent? And what would happen to kandra-human crossbreeds, as has been brought up? The organs and cells seem compatible at least in appearance but the spiritweb structure fundamentally differs.

All this fridge horror. All the more reason for kandra to be careful eh?

Edited by natc

Storm it.....This thread is reminding me of a thankfully long dead one that I'm not going to name.

I guess I had forgotten that particular part about mistwraiths. I'd been thinking they reproduced in some asexual way.

Well, we having seen the result of crossbreeding between different humanoid species on Roshar (not going to mention specifics; not plot wise important yet, but if you haven't read those books...) and the result isn't all that bad. Also, kandra were originally human, so I would bet they could reproduce with humans. Koloss blooded aren't terrible abominations, so there's that. However, that is also because koloss were altered by Harmony to be a true breeding race and I don't know of any evidence of that with the kandra, meaning it might not be a good idea. Knowing Harmony, I have a feeling that it wouldn't be too horrible; he probably took it into consideration at some point.

Well, we having seen the result of crossbreeding between different humanoid species on Roshar (not going to mention specifics; not plot wise important yet, but if you haven't read those books...) and the result isn't all that bad. Also, kandra were originally human, so I would bet they could reproduce with humans. Koloss blooded aren't terrible abominations, so there's that. However, that is also because koloss were altered by Harmony to be a true breeding race and I don't know of any evidence of that with the kandra, meaning it might not be a good idea. Knowing Harmony, I have a feeling that it wouldn't be too horrible; he probably took it into consideration at some point.

What did you mean about the crossbreeding on Roshar? I've read both SA books but I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you PM me if its unwise to post here behind spoiler tags?

What did you mean about the crossbreeding on Roshar? I've read both SA books but I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you PM me if its unwise to post here behind spoiler tags?

Source:

Question

Both Parshendi and Horneaters are able to see spren ordinary humans can't. Is there a connection between these abilities, or do they come from completely different sources?

Brandon Sanderson

Horneaters are human/Parshendi hybrids. (There are several Roshar races that have Parshendi blood in them.)

Herdazians are one of the other races.

Source:

Herdazians are one of the other races.

Oh cool! Learn something new everyday I guess. lol I wonder how they ended up with Parshendi/Human hybrids? Means relations between the two races weren't always what they are now...... Time to spend some time in the other forum now. :)

Thanks!

I . . . don't think even the characters in the books know this though. It's not in there.

That's true, this is something you "should" pick up reading but its not really a spoiler or plot point right now. I say should cause I completely missed it and I'm sure I'm not alone. Time for a reread when I finish HoA and AoL.

It's worth noting that kandra

are human, in origin... somewhere in the sack of slug-muscles is original human DNA.

I'm not sure if one could produce the eggs to be a viable mother, but I bet a kandra mimicking a reproductive system could certainly act as a surrogate.

• Chaos locked this topic