This is my first game (here and anywhere) but from what research I have done, I am also in support of a Day 1 lynch. If we delay action then the Eliminators could get a step ahead of us; however, at the same time, whoever they kill in the night could potentially give us a clue (say, if tomorrow I were to wake up dead, there's a chance I struck a nerve with my suspicions and that would help narrow down the threat) so we may not need to risk an innocent. Then again, they could also just target an inactive player and leave us with no clues, and continue to do so until they run out of easy targets or get the pool of Nobles so low that they can take out the remaining few with little opposition. 

I'm going to go ahead and assume (for now) that the Eliminators have two Brightlord/lady's and that they explicitly targeted Brightness Katara (little wilson) because she was not a part of their crew and they recognized her as a danger, and as such, support her innocence.

Brightlord Wannan's (herowannabe) accusation of Caeserae (Adamir) seems contrived to me. The leap he makes about him devoting his attention to the eliminator doc because he hasn't posted since his introduction (given it's only been one turn) is a huge red flag for me. But at the same time, Adamir's "power cut" could just be an excuse to inspire sympathy in an attempt to get us off track.

Finally, STINK's enmity towards Day 1 lynches could easily be a ruse so him and his fellows can get the upper hand. It could also be his honest opinion and his argument does have some validity. But his sudden declaration of "I'm not an eliminator, maybe you are for accusing me" (I'm paraphrasing, of course) sounds like a classic Eliminator tactic. At the same time, maybe Araris' is indeed an Eliminator and he/she simply jumped on the first opportunity she saw to seed chaos in the discussion.

I think it's been decided by the majority (of people posting) that we will indeed be conducting a Day 1 Lynch. I can understand TheMightyLopen's hesitance as I myself am not keen on the idea of condemning someone without more information, however, I have every intention of voting on whoever I suspect the most at the end of the day. I am a firm believer in being proactive as opposed to reactive, and that you learn better by making mistakes then doing nothing at all.

Right now, I'm most suspicious of STINK (and TheMightyLopen by association as he could attempting to run interference so his associate doesn't get overrun). I'm about 45% certain he's an Eliminator at this point, and that will likely increase if he continues to resist a Day 1 Lynch, or triggers any other red flags in my mind.

III

Edit: Not sure what to make of herowannabe's flip. Gut feeling says he jumped the gun too early for a reason. Maybe this was his plan all along, to wantonly accuse one of his fellow Eliminators and retract his vote to lessen suspicion of them both... or maybe he was just over eager at the time and now that Adamir has provided a reason, he's changed his mind. I'd say my suspicion of him has dropped down to 20%... but that's still enough for me to be wary. I'm watching you, crazy Diagramist.

Edited by Alvom

Brightlord Katara could also be an eliminator, as getting the eliminator nobles to vote for you so it looks like they are targeting you means that people will think they are a noble and are more likely to trust them, and honestly I don't see why I'm apparently an eliminator now but with Alvom's statement that he will vote for the most suspicous ( AKA me) and me already having one vote, I'm gonna have to jump the gun on this vote and try and force a tie.

I vote for Brightness Katara

EDIT: Although I suspect that this will cause more votes for me and might even in fact just mean that I get like 10 votes against me, I have to take the chance as not doing anything will mean that I would have 2 votes and have no assurance that no-one else will be voted up (meaning I definitely die) although an eliminator could just ruin this whole thing by voting me up as-well as Alvom

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

This is my first game (here and anywhere) but from what research I have done, I am also in support of a Day 1 lynch. 

Yay for research before playing! (I did a similar thing on my first game.

Might as well share my thoughts on the things you bring up (a bunch of those things had come up in my mind too).

Re: Wilson. This would the one of the times I'd want to go slightly meta with his - that had been my thought (that it could be eliminators) but then I also know people like to poke the Brightness Ascendant. So I was going to go through some of the last few games and look at who has a tendency to target Wilson for the sake of it. I know I was tending towards trust wilson because of it, but then, I'm aware I have a bias towards doing that. I might post something more on this later.

I took Hero's vote to be mostly a poke vote, with a fairly light on reason just to encourage Adamir to turn up. I guess for me, it's not enough to set off alarm bells, but I guess it's something worth watching.

Edit: Hah, beat you to it this time, Orlok!

Edited by Haelbarde

STINK, whilst we cannot discount the idea that Wilson is an eliminator, as it is certainly not beyond her talents to intentionally cause suspicion, it is also at least equally likely that the eliminators just wished to sow confusion, or even that villager Brightlord/Ladies decided that she was sufficiently dangerous when evil that she is worth voting for. As such, voting for her on the basis of so little evidence, seems premature to me. Yes, she could be an eliminator. Yes, she is insanely dangerous when she is an eliminator. However, we have no evidence as of yet that she is one, and if she isn't, we are killing one of the players most likely to help us find the eliminators - the most experienced players have seen most of the strategies used before, so will he more likely to pick them up, and are also the ones who typically drive discussion.

STINK, whilst you are the most suspicious to me currently, I shall hold of on voting for you for now, as it is perfectly plausible that you are innocent, and yet hold a vastly differing point of view. I will say, though, that if no one else catches my attention before the end of the day, I will be placing my vote on you.

Edit: You did indeed Hael! Is that 2-1 in my favour? ;)

Edit 2: spelling

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

I'm not voting on Katara because I think she's evil, but because she is the only other person with one vote and because someone else said they would vote for me (making it 2 aka kill-worthy) so I wanted to force a tie, as-well as making sure that everyone reading this doesn't just automatically trust someone because of the 'night-vote'.

Orlok, you talk of voting when there is evidence, but then say that you might vote me because I opposed a D1 lynch? Something that other players have agreed with in the past and may even still agree with?

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

Edit: You did intend Hael! Is that 2-1 in my favour? ;)

I believe so.

Re: Stink, while I must say I'd be suspicious, I'm willing to be lenient given I've not seen him play before. I took his main reason for the vote on Katara being to bring the current tally to tie, which is valid (though I'd have waited to later in the cycle). But yeah, reserving judgment for the time being. 

STINK, with regard to trusting Wilson, I think we are all sufficiently wary of her that we are all regarding the night vote as giving no indication of her alignment.

With regard to voting for Wilson, I would posit that she is probably one of the worst players to throw under the bus to save oneself, unless you are assured of her guilt. Frankly, the same goes for many of the wildly experienced players. It is often not worth saving yourself if it means that the village might lose an extremely valuable player. What you should be doing, which would be of far more help to the village, is finding someone else who you believe to be suspicious, and highlighting them. This is what drives lynch discussions, and in doing so yields information.

Edit: 2-2 Hael!

Edit 2: responding to STINK's edit.

I have a slight suspicion if you for advocating a strategy that handicaps the village and prevents information gathering, but like Hael, am willing to chalk it up to inexperience unless there appears no one else worthy of suspicion by the end of the day.

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

I did note that the vote on Wilson could be a trick, but right now, I don't think we have enough information to lynch one of our potentially best players. So I think we should hold off on wilson for now, but keep a watchful eye to see if it was a trick. Though I agree with someone above (sorry 5 thirty in the morning, and without glasses, memory doesn't work quite yet) that it could definite be just an eliminator attempt to "sow chaos" and confuse us. 

I don't have any current major suspicions, but I do agree that we do need a day 1 lynch. If you need, just lynch an inactive player who doesn't step out of the shadows from watching the main board, they might be an eliminator. I did that a lot in LG11, when I was one. I probably won't be able to get on before the end of the cycle. RL stuff

Okay then, Brightness Katara will no longer have a vote tally of 2, meaning that if I am voted against by the time the day ends, I will die. 

And as for who I am suspicious of, I have no clue as so far there has only been Me vs You lot about lynching on D1 and someone else has summed up the days events quite nicely, so it seems I am open to the idea of being lynched

I want to be wrong about you STINK; I really do. I am withholding my vote because I am not entirely convinced you're one of them​. I will say that you're vote is both tactical and bold, and while what you suggest certainly is a possibility, I don't find it probable. At least, it's less probable than my theory that they're trying to take advantage of the "meta" and rid themselves of one of their biggest threats early on in the game. If I were you (and innocent), I might do the same thing to save myself. But I certainly would have saved it as a last resort, bringing up the point you present but also trying to find an alternative before jumping conclusions. You're defensive posturing, to me, could mean one of two things; you really don't like being accused (especially this early, which I can sympathize with 100%) and you are naturally aggressive, or you are desperate and attempting to secure the Eliminator's original plan of ridding themselves of little wilson. I suspect I will learn a lot once this turn is over, whether we lynch you or Brightness Katara.

III

EDIT: I don't know whether to take you retracting your vote as you listening to reason, or seeing the inevitability of a lynch and hoping that by feigning the first you may get some people to back off. For now I will accept the former. I should note that I am an optimist with severe trust issues, so I immediately begin to find ways to interpret every action as amiable or malicious and that makes me rather conflicted.

Edited by Alvom

Okay, it looks like a lot happened since I was on. About Day One lynches: it worked in my previous game, but I think the most important thing about lynches is gaining information from them. In QF9, we ignored a lot of information about the other players voting (ie Wyrm leading our voting habits), but each lynch left us those clues.

Truthfully, I think that we gain more information when we manage to lynch an eliminator than when we hit a villager, though future games might change my mind on that. The important thing there, though, is hitting an eliminator, which means missing a few times and lynching villagers instead.

That being said, deciding who to vote for, and whether to go after active or nonactive players can be difficult. At this point, I feel that going after people who have on but having been talking is the best strategy. Wilson has viewed this thread a few different times and hasn't posted, but I'm not going to put a third vote on her. Both Winter Cloud and Bort has been on since this game started, and neither of them have posted anything. There's probably others like them that I missed, but I'm going to place a vote on Winter Cloud, because I know she's played in more than a few games, and I'm wondering why she hasn't come on and put her thoughts in.

As for STINK, I'm sort of uncertain at the moment about him. I've played Town of Salem too, but in that game the turns last seconds, not hours. Often, lynches only happen when someone has seen a role simply because there is not enough time to talk it out and find information. Using the same strategy in a longer style game could be dangerous. At the same time, though, I'm not ready to place a finalizing vote on him. We'll see how the rest of this cycle goes.

Edit: Looks like STINK removed his vote. I'm still not going to lynch anyone with my vote. So, vote stays on Winter Cloud.

Edit2: Vote change.

Edited by RavenRadient7

I'm not voting for Katara anymore guys, so we're all one again. Also, I have played this style of game in another forum as well as Town of Salem, with almost the exact same set of rules except for in our one we could elect a 'chief' of the village, whose vote would count as two instead of one. Right now, it looks like you've all played a game where you unofficially elected someone to lead who ended up being evil, so you're being extra cautious about that happening again.

I'm glad that you have realised that most actions can have multiple intents Alvom, so I will explain what I was trying to do during this day.

- Try to stop a day 1 lynch as the eliminators almost certainly have an experienced player that could easily start suggestions after an aftermath of a day 1 lynch on the wrong person and also make some people look worse.

- Try to save myself after I was told that someone would be voting me at the end of the day when I might not have a chance to respond, so instead I took the 100% chance and voted early, and could still change things as seen by my lack of voting Katara now.

Also, the eliminators have a nightly kill so although they might be the ones who voted for Katara, it is more likely that it was someone who just decided to do it as they couldn't do anything else during the night.

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

I'm kind of confused about everyone's actions so far. Stink's actions have been some of the most suspicious, although I have seen in games like Mafia that sometimes that impression is made completely accidentally by innocents just trying to win. I think that discussion of a Day 1 lynch is absolutely necessary, although even if it becomes a tie, we still get valuable information through everyone's actions. The problem is knowing who to trust. I'm not voting on anyone just yet.

Someone who I'd like to hear from is Shallan. Not sure if I've actually had the chance to play with her in one of these games (or at least talk with) yet, but from what I've seen, I got the impression she'd likely have opinions on what's happened. I guess I'd have expected to have seen a post by now, though she's not the only one. Now it's possible she's just not had the chance to be on yet, but it'd be nice to hear what she has to say.

For those who are curious (provided I've counted correctly):

People not posted since game started: (11)

Winter Cloud, Bort, little wilson, phattemer, Macen, Shallan, Paranoid King, Venture Mistborn, Feligon, a smart guy.

People who posted Night 1 but not Day 1 so far: (2)

Clanky, Seonid

Edited by Haelbarde

Last game I played, Shallan didn't come onto the website until after she was lynched, Day 1. It's possible that something similar is happening here.

I'd think there was some connection between her being inactive and her being an eliminator in that last game, if it weren't for the fact that it was clear she hadn't even read her role before she was lynched. Not saying that she is or isn't an eliminator, since I have no idea, just supposing based off the only game I've played with her.

Wilson, will you be posting soon? I think this is the third time I've seen you reading this page since the game started.

Ok, I like how much you have been contributing to discussion STINK, but I would like a bit of a clarification on the first of those points you listed. The whole point of the lynch business is to force the eliminators to get involved in the discussion. So if anyone (all the better if they turn out to be bad) comes right out next cycle with a list of people they suspect, then that is more information for the village to use later on.

I don't like D1 lynching because of a near complete lack of information and also the fact that (generally) nothing happens in N1 meaning that no-one can have any evidence unless they got lucky with an ability, this generally means that a good person dies rather than a bad person.

“Brightness Katara, do you have anything to say for yourself?”

Katara stared at Highprince Dalinar, shocked. She didn't even know what to say at first. How did one reply to that kind of an accusation? And why in the world were so many Nobles accusing her of being a conspirator? She'd never done a single act of treachery in her life--short though it was, and short though it might be, if these Nobles had any further say in the matter.

She suddenly regretted replying to Dalinar's invitation and coming to this banquet. She'd hoped it would give her some sort of a connection to her late mother, being around the man she'd worked so closely with, but now that same man was accusing her of being a traitor. Ironic, that. She'd built up Dalinar as some kind of hero, since she'd heard so many stories about him, but maybe that's all those were. Stories. She should've known he wouldn't live up to them. He was supposed to be a great man, if a warlord. She'd even heard lately that he was embracing the Way of Kings, and becoming something even more, but those rumors were clearly unfounded.

A great leader--storms, not even a leader, but just an honorable person--didn't accuse a young lady of being a traitor without even a stitch of evidence, but only on the word of Nobles he'd barely interacted with in the past. Sure, he didn't know her either, but he could've given her a chance and talked with her privately before accusing her in such a public manner. Public accusation never ended well, she knew. Her peers would never look at her the same after this. After all, what kind of Noble accrued so much doubt in their loyalty that their own Highprince accused them at a banquet of conspiring against him?

It seemed like she wouldn't find that connection to her mother after all. There was no way Dalinar would let her anywhere near him. Unless....Unless she found the real conspirators. Though how she was to do that, she had no idea. But if that was what it would take to talk to him about her mother, and her final days of life, then so be it. She'd do it. She just hoped Dalinar even remembered her mother. If he didn't.....No. He would. He had to. There couldn't have been that many scribes murdered by Shardblade during the War of Unification. He'd remember. And she would finally understand.

This is.....interesting. I feel like the eliminators just trolled me hard. There I was in the MR7 dead doc, swearing that I was going to give up being proactive and I wasn't going to talk in the next game that I played since clearly talking just leads to my death, and what happens? I get voted on in secret, becoming one of the main focuses of the Day 1 conversation, which pretty much eliminates any chance I have of actually following through and staying silent. Thank you so much.  <_<

The only thing I have to add to the conversation right now is a response to this:

Also, the eliminators have a nightly kill so although they might be the ones who voted for Katara, it is more likely that it was someone who just decided to do it as they couldn't do anything else during the night.

As the eliminators didn't have a kill to perform last night, it would make sense for them to try to use what power they can to get one step closer to lynching a high priority target. I imagine that if I don't die today, they'll probably kill me tonight. At the very least, I'll probably be corrupted, unless they have someone on their own team who would be worth more to them corrupted--like an Artifabrian.

I will say this: these first couple nights are crucial for the Ardent. I hope you were able to place orders last night since that was the only night you can certifiably clear someone without any chance of Corruption clouding the certainty of your results. Tonight will probably also be clear for you as well, so choose well. Please note that I'm not saying seek me. That's your own choice. I actually think it would be better if you didn't choose me, since I doubt I'll survive very long, which means that your seek would be better placed elsewhere to guarantee someone for a longer period of time. Not that I would complain if you did seek me. I wouldn't. I'd do what I could to help you before my inevitable death, but I will die, because that's simply what happens with me.

I don't condone follow-the-cop strategies, and I'm not condoning it here, but I do think it's important for the seeking roles to do what they can to link up guaranteed villagers, so people know who to trust when the cop dies. Trust is paramount in this game. Which leads me to one final thing: Do not role reveal in your PMs. It's far too early to trust the person you're talking to, and there are no abilities in this game that would be beneficial for the eliminators to know (I'm thinking specifically of a thug-type role with multiple lives). Additionally, you don't know who could be spying on your PM. So please, please don't reveal your roles, even if you're nothing more than a Brightlady/Brightlord.

Wow, I don't think I have been in a game with so much legitimate D1 lynch discussion. I like it!

My two cents about STINK are that he is probably just overexcited about his first SE game. He seems to be acting how I did in my first game where I wanted to very much be a part of everything and it ended with me being lynched early. Also I feel that if he were an eliminator they would have told him not to do something as suspicious as trying to kill Wilson at this point. However he also might have forgotten to consult with the others in the doc and just done that solo.

Also, I think we need to be wary of the Worldsingers. With the vote being tied, and no one really wanting to be the one to lynch, a worldsinger could change a vote anonymously, causing a lynch where there wasn't one before. If that happens, we won't know who wanted that lynch to happen.

Just a reminder to add to Wilson's comment about role reveals - what's dangerous about revealing yourself as a Brightlord/lady is it lets eliminators narrow their focus on finding the roles they find dangerous. By revealing you have no role, you put allies with roles in greater danger as the eliminators can just ignore you (not a good thing when the village has useful roles).