Theory: Hoid - Nightblood - Roshar

Natans

I'm a little confused. I know a bead of Lerasium can make a person into a mistborn. Outside of this, both Ferochemy and Allomancy are supposed to be inherited. What is the premiss that would allow Hoid to become a Feromancer?

Edited by Gloom

Drakarma is basing this idea first off of Hoid's known feruchemy and further posits that Hoid shaved a bit off of the lerasium bead he has and burned it (the bit he shaved off) to become a weak mistborn as well while still retaining most of the original lerasium bead.

Edit: Wait! This is not my office! I confused this with a different therad.  Where did you get a Hoid-allomancy connection in this thread, Gloom?

Edited by Shardlet

• 2 weeks later...

He could have easily paid Yasteel to make a custom one for him aw the payment is something Yasteel wanted but ultimately contributes to his downfall at the hands of Vasher and Vivenne. We were never told how much Lightsong's priests payed him or in what currency. And potentially he could have been storytelling for the pantheon for a while to earn the breaths, materials and pull he needed.

Edited by Darkarma

Hoid would never put in an honest days work when a few minutes of trickery would net him the same result.

Gloom: "Borrowing indefinitely" was the term I used in an earlier post here, but I think it's more along the lines of Hoid picking something up, saying "Who's really going to miss it anyways?" and then taking it home with him.  For several centuries of heavily Invested objects.

• 1 year later...

sorry to awaken a dead topic, I know we have rules against that, but I couldn't help but realize how significant the idea of Hoid having carried nightblood around for the whole way of kings book only to have it show up again in Words of Radiance...

Now that I think of it, maybe that was the trade Vasher made to Hoid for helping him get to Roshar. Hoid offers to take Vasher somewhere he wouldn't have to find a breath every week in return for nightblood. 

• Chaos locked this topic