Any BIONICLE fans out there?

I just scored a couple of proto-Bionicle sets today at the thrift store where I work -- Throwbots, or something of that nature. They're pretty cool, even if I'm probably just gonna use 'em for parts. :P 

This isn't the first time I've gotten old sets from there, though. I have a couple of Rahkshi and a Bohrok now thanks to that place. :D 

Man, old-school Bionicles were awesome. I always liked the concept of the Kanohi Olisi, the Mask of Alternate Futures worn by Karzahni. The 2007 Mahri Nui sets were the bomb, what a great year. 

Anyone ever entered a Bionicle OC in a contest? Back in 2005 I remember entering that contest for the Dark Hunters book. I didn't win because I was only 12 and had no idea what I was doing, but that OC's the only Bionicle creation of mine I've actually kept intact. I'm really proud of it, and every once in a while I take it out and tinker with it. I'll post a recent picture as soon as I can find it. WATCH THIS SPACE

Oh, hey, I've heard of BIONICLE. Followed it from the second comic, joined the online community during the Voya Nui era. I spent some time working on BS01 (lost all my edits in the big '07 crash, but a good chunk of the Kanohi pages format was mine) and BZP (got myself one of the first Key to Nongu awards for piecing together info on Icarax from the Mahri serials). Every so often, I pull out my reboot fabric idea and noodle around with it a bit. 

Favorite Kanohi has gotta be the Miru. (Don't be fooled by the profile pic. The Kakama fits my username better, but Lewa's always been my top Toa.)

I used to be a big BIONICLE fan as a wee laddie. :D That must've been like 10-15 years ago now. Here's a few nostalgic gems for people who bought the boxes and remember those mini-CDs you got with the Rakshni (I think that's what they were called?) boxes and others. :) 

BIONICLE techno music is surprisingly good is only thing I can say. :P Reminds me of Ratchet & Clank music a little. I think it's a similarity that a lot of techno OSTs from that time period (early to late 2000s) share. 

Edited by Vissy

• 3 years later...

I don't know if anyone is still here, but I remember this series well. It was actually what got me into fantasy and was one of the inspirations to the books I am writing. It's my dream to either revive this franchise one day with Lego, or at the least recapture the awesome feels this series had. You will never find anything like the Great Beings or the Order of Mata Nui anywhere else, and its a shame that nobody has tried to draw on for their own series yet.

So, if any you guys are still here and wanna talk Bionicle, I'll be waiting right here.