Need to kill some time while I'm bored at work... Ask me anything!

The Sovereign

22 hours ago, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

Have you read the Stormlight Archive?

If so, which one is the best?

I've read everything in the Cosmere several times.

This is a tough question... I find it hard to separate the books, as it really is just one long story. 
... I suppose I'll give multiple answers; The Way of Kings is the best written of the books. Words Of Radiance was probably the most enjoyable and best paced of the books start to finish. Oathbringer had the best scene.

"You cannot have my pain."

Edited by The Sovereign
Grammar is important.

6 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

I've read everything in the Cosmere several times.

This is a tough question... I find it hard to separate the books, as it really is just one long story. 
... I suppose I'll give multiple answers; The Way of Kings is the best written of the books. Words Of Radiance was probably the most enjoyable and best paced of the books start to finish. Oathbringer had the best scene.

Reveal hidden contents

"You cannot have my pain."

I agree. Especially with the first and the third

I liked either The Way of Kings or Oathbringer best.

Edited by Rashek of Bridge Four

20 hours ago, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

I agree. Especially with the first and the third

I liked either The Way of Kings or Oathbringer best.

To add more to this, I need to put another point in Oathbringer's favor; The Dalinar flashbacks are the best of the three books.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important question:

1. Do you think that the darker spots, which we can see on the moon, look like the continents?

2. Is broccoli just the envy version of cauliflower?

3. If you dont talk: does your tongue lie on the bottom of your mouth or does it kind of hover in the middle?

4. Whats does a religious mess and barfing have in common?

5. Aren't raisins just grapes without body lotion?

6. Where do you put a book with a Halo coloure spine in a rainbow shelf?

Have a nice day ;)

21 hours ago, Lisa, Reading Spren said:

Important question:

1. Do you think that the darker spots, which we can see on the moon, look like the continents?
No, but I did think it looked like a T-Rex when I was a kid.5c9a24c8a65df_36982684-36982684a.jpg.02a7fa84bd16c38ac3313dc64cb89139.jpg

2. Is broccoli just the envy version of cauliflower?
Nah, Cauliflower wishes it was Broccoli.

3. If you dont talk: does your tongue lie on the bottom of your mouth or does it kind of hover in the middle?
Sort of hovers.

4. Whats does a religious mess and barfing have in common?
More than I would care to share. Let's leave it at I'd rather have no involvement with either.

5. Aren't raisins just grapes without body lotion?
Perhaps, although I'd go further and just say that Raisins are an abomination. They are the result of taking something great (Grapes) and making them terrible.

6. Where do you put a book with a Halo coloure spine in a rainbow shelf?
I suspect the middle or end of the sequence would both be okay. Alternately you could set them off in exile.

Have a nice day ;)
You as well ^_^

• 4 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, Rebecca said:

How has your day been?
Extremely busy, my boss is on vacation this week so I'm basically doing two peoples' jobs.

White, dark, or milk chocolate?
Meh, not a big chocolate guy... milk chocolate I guess?

Who’s your favorite Sanderson character?
Marsh, although I am also very fond of Kelsier, Hrathen, and Shallan.

Red hooded sweatshirt?
I don't think I've ever owned one.

What color are the walls of the room you are in?
Pretty boring, they are white.

Did you draw your profile picture?
I did not, this was done by "cola-san" on deviantart.

Are you?

What's your favorite idea?

Is freedom free?

Would you consider yourself free? On a familial level? On a societal level? On a National level? On a systemic level?

If you you were forced to publicly execute one superhero from either Marvel or DC, who would it be?

If fruits had personalities, which would you most relate with?

Are you the current embodiment of a greek god?

On 8/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, Cadmium Compounder said:

Are you?
Wouldn't you like to know?

Mine is being creative. How do you get the idea? I just try to think creatively. Now when you look at this orange tell me please, what do you see? It's just a boring old orange. Maybe to you, but not to me. I see a silly face walking around and smiling at me. I don't see what you mean. 'Cause you're not thinking creatively. So take a look at my hair. (cool). I use my hair to express myself. That sounds really boring. I use my hair to express myself. Now, when you stare at the clouds in the sky, don't you find it exciting? No. Come on, take another look. (Oh wait). I can see a hat, I can see a cat. I can see a man with a baseball bat. I can see a dog, I can see a frog. I can see a ladder leaning on a log. Think you're getting the hang of it now. Using your minds to have a good time. I might paint a picture of a clown. Whoa there friend, you might need to slow down. Here's another good tip (Yeah?) of how to be a creative wiz kid. Go and collect some leaves and sticks and arrange them into your favorite color. Blue, Red, Green. Green is not a creative color. There's one more thing that you need to know before you let your creativity flow. Listen to your heart, listen to the rain listen to the voices in your brain. Come on guys, let's get creative.

Is freedom free?
Nope, nothing is.

Would you consider yourself free? On a familial level? On a societal level? On a National level? On a systemic level?
Nope. On all levels we are subject to brain synapses in one way or another be them our own or other people's.

If you you were forced to publicly execute one superhero from either Marvel or DC, who would it be?
I'm not really one for execution but I suppose if we had to lose one then get rid of Superman. 

If fruits had personalities, which would you most relate with?
A Strawberry.

Are you the current embodiment of a greek god?
Nah, I'm just me.

3 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Mine is being creative. How do you get the idea? I just try to think creatively. Now when you look at this orange tell me please, what do you see? It's just a boring old orange. Maybe to you, but not to me. I see a silly face walking around and smiling at me. I don't see what you mean. 'Cause you're not thinking creatively. So take a look at my hair. (cool). I use my hair to express myself. That sounds really boring. I use my hair to express myself. Now, when you stare at the clouds in the sky, don't you find it exciting? No. Come on, take another look. (Oh wait). I can see a hat, I can see a cat. I can see a man with a baseball bat. I can see a dog, I can see a frog. I can see a ladder leaning on a log. Think you're getting the hang of it now. Using your minds to have a good time. I might paint a picture of a clown. Whoa there friend, you might need to slow down. Here's another good tip (Yeah?) of how to be a creative wiz kid. Go and collect some leaves and sticks and arrange them into your favorite color. Blue, Red, Green. Green is not a creative color. There's one more thing that you need to know before you let your creativity flow. Listen to your heart, listen to the rain listen to the voices in your brain. Come on guys, let's get creative.

Now let's all agree, to never get creative again.

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, Yvainnie said:

What is your least favourite Sanderson character or book?

My least favorite book is Well of Ascension, it is fine, but I feel like it doesn't flow nearly as well as his others. Least favorite character is a bit tougher; there are characters I don't like but that I appreciate for what they are. Straff Venture or Sadeas would fall into this category, I think they are well written but obviously distasteful. As for general dislike for a character I'm not sure anyone really sticks out. I think Lift is slightly annoying and I'm not particularly excited about her being a main point of view character though I think she is somewhat funny and enjoyable in small doses. Raoden is another, he sort of falls more into a "Shrug, meh" situation for me though where I just don't think he adds his fair weight to the story in the same way that Hrathen and Sarene do.

41 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

My least favorite book is Well of Ascension, it is fine, but I feel like it doesn't flow nearly as well as his others. Least favorite character is a bit tougher; there are characters I don't like but that I appreciate for what they are. Straff Venture or Sadeas would fall into this category, I think they are well written but obviously distasteful. As for general dislike for a character I'm not sure anyone really sticks out. I think Lift is slightly annoying and I'm not particularly excited about her being a main point of view character though I think she is somewhat funny and enjoyable in small doses. Raoden is another, he sort of falls more into a "Shrug, meh" situation for me though where I just don't think he adds his fair weight to the story in the same way that Hrathen and Sarene do.

I love Well of Ascension but I totally get your point, awesome but not as other two books and it really did not flow as smoothly.

And I hate Lift, really. She is so annoying. But Stormlight books are awesome but her chapters are not the one I like to read.

2 hours ago, Yvainnie said:

And I hate Lift, really. She is so annoying. But Stormlight books are awesome but her chapters are not the one I like to read.

A few things I will say in favor of Lift; I really did enjoy the adventures of Lift and Szeth, there is excellent juxtaposition between them. Admittedly though, I enjoy the Szeth half of the pair significantly more than the Lift half. Also while I find Lift annoying I find Wyndle delightful. It's not his fault his Radiant can be so grating. He wouldn't have even picked her if given a choice.

Edited by The Sovereign