What's your favorite.... ? (Forum game)

Dusk--especially if there's a moderate Texas storm rolling in, and you can feel the breeze blowing in before the tempest, blowing stray leaves around and kicking up a few small dust devils. When there's just enough light to see by while not enough to blot out the fantastic flashes of lightning that illuminate the sky in eerie violet light. There's nothing quite as humbling or awe-inspiring as that. ^_^

In a similar vein, favorite weather?

Politics, ethics, or philosophy. Anything I can argue about.

Favorite sci-fi author?

Chick-fil-a.

Amen. I work there, so I've eaten at the restaurant ~70 times in 90 days, and I'm still not tired...the options are endless, and oh, the things that employees can get that mere mortals valued guests cannot...the spicy grilled chicken, the spicy nuggets, the grilled wrap burrito blends, the root beer milkshakes...

Politics, ethics, or philosophy. Anything I can argue about.

Favorite sci-fi author?

Robert Heinlein! One of the most iconic and impacting sci-fi writers of the 20th century, without a doubt.

Favorite response to this thread so far? :ph34r:

Japanese Spitz.Have some of the gloriousness...

japanese-spitz.jpg

But wait:

keisha334.jpg?timestamp=1331431732892

Hell, have yet another for good measure: 

313.jpg

Uh, oh wait, where was I? Uh.What's your favourite breed of cat? :P

Favorite profile picture on 17S (besides your own)?

Okay........ your favorite fantasy author? Besides Sanderson of course.

This is tough since the One I refer to as the One True Author has written fantasy but is not (necessarily) a fantasy author.

So I'll say Stephen R Donaldson.

Favourite rock n roll song?

Someone, can't remember who, had this one at some point. I liked it a lot.

Favorite video game/series?

Edit:there was another page? Oops.

Favorite rock n' roll song is suspicious lies by Elvis (that's rock n roll right?) I replace suspicious with delicious in my head, and think of Pattern :D

post-14607-0-36301400-1438262182_thumb.j

Edited by The Honor Spren

Mine, because it's already paid off and runs well. :P

Favorite nonfiction book?

The Hobbit Hmm... The Blind Side. It's based off a real story, if not 100% nonfiction.

What's your favorite pasta shape?

Edited by Slowswift

What's your favorite pasta shape?

Tortellini--especially if it's stuffed with cheese. :wub: (Also because as a child I thought my mafia character named Boss Tortellini had a perfectly plausible and respectable Italian name. :P)

Favorite fictional planet?

Tortellini--especially if it's stuffed with cheese. :wub: (Also because as a child I thought my mafia character named Boss Tortellini had a perfectly plausible and respectable Italian name. :P)

Favorite fictional planet?

Gallifrey! ^_^

Favorite fictional sport?

Whatever enchantment allows Polly and Digory to get into the Wood Between the Worlds in The Magician's Nephew. The thought of thousands of worlds just within reach is just so wonderful. :wub:

Favorite name for a city?

(I could read an entire spin-off series about exploring the Wood Between the Worlds. :D)

I'd say I'd have to pick The Dalles. I don't know what it means, but there's something really awesome and badchull about a city that starts with "The."

Favorite fictional religion?

(I could read an entire spin-off series about exploring the Wood Between the Worlds. :D)

I'd say I'd have to pick The Dalles. I don't know what it means, but there's something really awesome and badchull about a city that starts with "The."

Favorite fictional religion?

I don't know if it can be called that, but the belief system that surrounds Aslan and the Emperor Beyond the Sea, and I love it because it doesn't feel or look like a religion. There are no man made traditions that obscure the truth, no rituals, nothing like that. It's simply a belief in the truth that permeates all actions and attitudes, and influences the world for the better.

Favorite piece of artwork?

Flute. It just sounds so pretty.

Favourite sport?

(Off topic reply to an earlier answer)

I don't know if it can be called that, but the belief system that surrounds Aslan and the Emperor Beyond the Sea, and I love it because it doesn't feel or look like a religion. There are no man made traditions that obscure the truth, no rituals, nothing like that. It's simply a belief in the truth that permeates all actions and attitudes, and influences the world for the better.

?

Isnt Aslan largely based on Christianity?

Marching band

Before anyone says anything

Uh yeah, its a sport

i'd like to see you march (not walk, march) 20 yards in 16 steps backwards at 170 beats a min in 102 degree weather while playing a song from memory w/o messing up or falling. add a baritone to the mix. And other people. It also literally fits the definition of a sport.

What's your favorite smell?