Member Titles

Kipper

My guess is that Rubix just put in a single space? When you highlight where your member title should be, there is something there. It takes up the equivalent of one character. 

Edit: Yes, it does appear to just be a single space. I did it as a test for my member title and it worked. 

Edited by Titan Arum

Actually, Titan,

What you did works better. I used an alt-character that's a lot like a space, but isn't. That actually left a space between the blue bar and the profile picture. A single space just removes the field...  Guess it behaves differently than I thought. Thank you!

The more you know!

Rubix, you're right. Also, how amazing that after all this time running the forum, there are still little tricks for you to learn!

I thought I had gone crazy after I originally posted that there was some type of character in Kipper's title and then after my post there suddenly wasn't! I assume you changed his to a single space, because my test of the single space did exactly what you described: it removes the field. 

Sometimes I'm amazed at the power of a single space. A few years ago I was programming a survey in Arabic after designing it initially in English, only to discover that the software was not very compatible with a right to left script. It became obvious that the software did not have a mirror of itself because my survey questions were below the radio button answer on the right side of the screen. I had hoped that the radio button would flip to the left side, but no dice. The solution? Five leading spaces in front of the Arabic text to pop the question out from under the radio button. After many complex approaches to solve this problem...the simplest approach using spaces was the winning answer.