Leather-bound Edition of Elantris

I received my copy...some time while I was traveling for work. It's a gorgous book, and if you're on the fence about whether or not to buy it, I highly recommend that you do!

I decided to ask Brandon a question about Wyrn's sword, Gretgor: "If Gretgor, (1st Wyrn's sword) exists, who has it now?". Here's Brandon's response:

ueIxD0z.jpg 

At least I got my first RAFO card!

I had originally wanted to ask if Gretgor was real and if there was something special about the sword. Then I assumed that would get RAFO'd. I thought that maybe a better question was to ask about who has the sword, because that too would confirm it's existence but not tell us anything special about the sword. Thus I assumed it would be less RAFO-able. Guess I was wrong! 

I sure hope Gretgor is real though. Why else would it even be mentioned in the glossary for Elantris? It's the only place it is ever mentioned, so maybe it'll have a role in Elantris 2 or 3?

(Side note: I love the symmetrical number! It also is the same as an area code I used to live in.)

Edited by Titan Arum

• 2 months later...

It is a lot of $ for something that is going to sit on the shelf and look pretty, but... it is also a gorgeous book.

Probably the best book I've ever owned from a stylistic and quality standpoint. I've paid over $100 for books in grad school that were like 150 pages and just canvas bound, I'd much rather drop that kind of $ on this book than one of those again!

If you can afford it, I would highly recommend it. If you're on the fence from a $ perspective, I would recommend it. 

• Chaos locked this topic