The Arrowverse

Quiver

Blaze, I recently saw one of the actor's, I think it was Grant Gustin's, tweet mentioning a crossover episode with arrow. I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

Thea was the opposite for me. I liked her a lot at first, but don't really care for her any more. And Laurel's gone back and forth. I liked her in the beginning, then I didn't, now I do more.

I'll agree that Felicity is awesome. Hot too, although not as hot as Thea.

They have announced that this season they are going into full-on crossover mode. Both Flash, then Arrow, will host both teams in a two-part episode that covers both shows, this is only a few weeks away, and will be before the mid season break (which idiots decided a mid season break was a good idea? I want to watch a series, I don't want to watch half a series, then have to wait a month for the other half).

A twit from Stephen Amell commented about having nine superheros on the screen at the same time. I reckon they are...

Green Arrow

Black Canary

Speedy

Flash

Vibe

White Canary

Atom

Firestorm

Hawkgirl

Now that is a group of people you do not want to upset.

Blaze, I recently saw one of the actor's, I think it was Grant Gustin's, tweet mentioning a crossover episode with arrow. I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

I'll agree that Felicity is awesome. Hot too, although not as hot as Thea.

They have announced that this season they are going into full-on crossover mode. Both Flash, then Arrow, will host both teams in a two-part episode that covers both shows, this is only a few weeks away, and will be before the mid season break (which idiots decided a mid season break was a good idea? I want to watch a series, I don't want to watch half a series, then have to wait a month for the other half).

A twit from Stephen Amell commented about having nine superheros on the screen at the same time. I reckon they are...

Green Arrow

Black Canary

Speedy

Flash

Vibe

White Canary

Atom

Firestorm

Hawkgirl

Now that is a group of people you do not want to upset.

Hmm, well, my info was from an article on the interwebs, so it's probably not very accurate then. Though what you've described with Stephen's tweet, Bort, sounds more like a scene from Legends than it does an actual crossover between Flash and Arrow. 

For a long time I did feel that way about Thea, yes. At some point, I flipped on it though, and I really actually loved her. She does still have some of the problems Laurel does, and I do notice, but I don't mind with her. I like how Holland does her character, while I don't like how Laurel's actress does her character. I think that's what it boils down to, specifically for those two.
I also really enjoyed Thea and Roy in season three. I thought it worked well, and didn't feel ridiculous. I've been in mourning about Roy leaving honestly.

Thanks for the response. I'll reveal one of my deepest secrets to you guys...I love Laurel. In particular, I feel 100% opposite to you, ScottLeft, in that I love Season 1 Laurel because of the actress and how she portrayed the character. Quiver and I have been discussing Arrow (and Flash) in PMs for about two or three months now, since I started watching the shows on Netflix in August/September, and I detailed it to him. I can copy the conversation here if you'd like.

I'm fairly sure the crossover episodes will be the ones that introduce Rip Hunter and Vandal Savage, so I can see them using it as a platform to launch Legends of Tomorrow. in that kind of scenario, why wouldn't you have them all together?

I'm fairly sure the crossover episodes will be the ones that introduce Rip Hunter and Vandal Savage, so I can see them using it as a platform to launch Legends of Tomorrow. in that kind of scenario, why wouldn't you have them all together?

Hmm, I suppose you could set the team up in Arrow/Flash. I always assumed that the idea would spark during Arrow/Flash, but all the actual set-up would be the pilot for the new show. If it doesn't have a strong pilot and plot, it won't last long, because without a strong pilot and plot the show will be relying on it's parents to keep it going, which might only work for a season or two.

Oh, I imagine they will have a strong pilot episode, and when I say they will use the crossover to launch it, I meant more the concept of it than the actual team.

Vandal Savage turns up, does something terrible. Rip Hunter follows shortly afterwards trying to stop him. That's the Flash episode. The Arrow episode will be when Vandal Savage goes to meet Damien Darhk for tea and crumpets, and that's when Rip Hunter recruits the 'irregulars' for his Legends team.

Sorry, my mistake, it wasn't a twit I had referenced, it was an interview. In an interview, Stephen Amell said this...

“Last year was designed so that if you were a fan of one show or a fan of the other show," you could enjoy them independent of one another, Amell reflected. Not so with this season's crossovers. "If you put them back to back on one night, they would run like one two-hour episode of television.” And not only is the story more ambitious, the action is aimed to please. “We shot a scene that had, like, nine superheroes in it,” Amell revealed. “Nine people with either powers or super suits," and with that worlds are being combined to a degree we've never witnessed on any television property before. “In fact, most of The Flash episode takes place in Star City, and most of the Arrow episode takes place in Central City," Green Arrow continued. "We have a common villain, which was not the case last year, and just in general, we’ve done an excellent job of weaving not just two shows, but three shows together.”

Edited by Bort

Huh. I took Wells' line about "We need to stop Zoom before he sends another double from Barry's life" as an indicator that he might know that Caitlin as Killer Frost in his world.

Mhm, that's also a good possibility. We don't know what Earth-2's Caitlin has been through in life, but Earth Prime Caitlin has got the set up needed to be a villain, she just needs something to make her crack. Of course, those same life events could cause her to choose to remain vigilant and "good". Such a fine line between villainy and heroism. Whichever path they choose to take, be it one of these or a completely different one, we know she should be coming within a season or two (hopefully not longer), considering Killer Frost was shown at the end of season 1 during the Speed Force time jump. I honestly am really excited for it (and a potential Captain Cold meet up).

Amell seems confident in their ability to weave the three shows together. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Really liked the episodes of both, although Felicity's mom always scares me. I always feel like she's really dangling on the line between threatening to make an episode awful, and really improving an episode, and it's really hard to tell what it's going to be until the end usually. Thought she did really well this time though. The Felicity/Oliver struggle was good too. I'm still really confused about how nobody seems interested in finding some kind of answer for Thea and Sarah's problem. Like, really, does nobody care?.....

The Flash, I thought it was pretty good mostly. Nobody seems concerned that a nude Dr. Light is still running around the city though :unsure: What an ending though :o:ph34r:

Can someone please explain me why in Arrow

they insist on resurrecting every possible character? There was Sarah, Ray, then next ep it's going to be Diggle's brother, according to the trailer... Well, then let's resurrect Tommie and Quinn's mother next, because why not. Eh, it really bothers me, especially that they do it ep by ep. It's annoying. And yes I know that Ray wasn't dead, but was thought to be dead.

It really bugs me. 

they insist on resurrecting every possible character? There was Sarah, Ray, then next ep it's going to be Diggle's brother, according to the trailer... Well, then let's resurrect Tommie and Quinn's mother next, because why not. Eh, it really bothers me, especially that they do it ep by ep. It's annoying. And yes I know that Ray wasn't dead, but was thought to be dead.

It really bugs me.

well I'm pretty sure Ray was never intended to be dead in the first place. there was a lot of ambiguity in that scene to begin with, and I am pretty sure they were already working on the spin-off at that point. can't help you on Sara or Diggle's brother, though.

Edited by Dunkum

well I'm pretty sure Ray was never intended to be dead in the first place. there was a lot of ambiguity in that scene to begin with, and I am pretty sure they were already working on the spin-off at that point. can't help you on Sara or Diggle's brother, though.

I haven't been a fan of Sara's resurrection at all, it has felt so forced and has been the major down point for this season so far. I get that they needed her for Legends of Tomorrow but I just wish they had chosen a different female character in her stead, make someone new. Diggle's brother coming back...I don't know. I guess the writers wanted to make the fight with the Ghosts more personal. We will see how it goes, hopefully there is more reason behind it.

It really bugs me. 

I'm going to use spoilers because the following is actually one of Quiver's theories that he's shared with me. But with him living in the UK, he's an episode behind us, plus his life gets in the way so sometimes he's two or three behind. Anyways, I'll sum up his theory:

Quiver is fairly certain that The Ghosts are called such because all of their members are presumed dead, to the public. The revelation that Andy Diggle is one of them supports his theory. Unfortunately, we don't know details about any other members.

I'm personally not sold on the theory, but it's becoming harder to deny. I think it would be interesting if brain-washing of some sort was involved, or perhaps telepathic control. I also noted that it would be interesting if Roy returns as one of the Ghosts, with the previously mentioned mind-control. 

As for Sara, they originally resurrected her in season 2 (a decision I was not pleased with) likely because that was their plan all along to get Laurel along the Canary path. As for this second resurrection, it's likely because the fans seem to prefer Sara to Laurel. I can't say I blame them for trying to keep fan opinion high.

In addition, a general theme of resurrections would parallel comics, as the phrase goes "The only person who stays dead in comics is Uncle Ben." With that said, I doubt the resurrections will continue much longer. As has been said, Ray was never really dead, which they spoiled since they showed the Legends trailer during the summer...with Ray in it. Andy can also be argued to not be a resurrection, as he likely was never dead (though I don't know how they'd have fooled Deadshot, assuming they fooled Deadshot).

I'm going to use spoilers because the following is actually one of Quiver's theories that he's shared with me. But with him living in the UK, he's an episode behind us, plus his life gets in the way so sometimes he's two or three behind. Anyways, I'll sum up his theory:

Quiver is fairly certain that The Ghosts are called such because all of their members are presumed dead, to the public. The revelation that Andy Diggle is one of them supports his theory. Unfortunately, we don't know details about any other members.

I'm personally not sold on the theory, but it's becoming harder to deny. I think it would be interesting if brain-washing of some sort was involved, or perhaps telepathic control. I also noted that it would be interesting if Roy returns as one of the Ghosts, with the previously mentioned mind-control. 

As for Sara, they originally resurrected her in season 2 (a decision I was not pleased with) likely because that was their plan all along to get Laurel along the Canary path. As for this second resurrection, it's likely because the fans seem to prefer Sara to Laurel. I can't say I blame them for trying to keep fan opinion high.

In addition, a general theme of resurrections would parallel comics, as the phrase goes "The only person who stays dead in comics is Uncle Ben." With that said, I doubt the resurrections will continue much longer. As has been said, Ray was never really dead, which they spoiled since they showed the Legends trailer during the summer...with Ray in it. Andy can also be argued to not be a resurrection, as he likely was never dead (though I don't know how they'd have fooled Deadshot, assuming they fooled Deadshot).

on that first one:

not sure spoiler tag is needed, but just in case. anyway, I think they (the team arrow folks that stayed in town) explicitly mention that they are called the ghosts because they seem to be able to get into and out of places super sneakily.

As Blaze says, I am a week behind. In fact, I'm actually two weeks behind in Supergirl, which is... kinda terrible.

That being said, hey! Guess who finally made his UK TV debut!

Hint: he was not played by Keanu Reeves.

Well, alright. I have to admit, Matt Ryan is a bit "cleaner" as Constantine than I expected - I picture the character as a bit shabbier in terms of appearance- but it's a pretty good interpretation of New52!John at least, and besides... Live acton John Constantine? I am all over that. So I figured updating my avatar for a week or so in tribute to Johnny boy wouldn't go amiss.

Seriously, I hope Constantine gets new life somewhere. An HBO Hellblazer show would be fantastic, but even if "all" we get are more guest apeprances by Matt Ryan in Arrow, I'd be happy. Constantine is the kind of guy I can definitely see calling in that "anytime, anywhere" offer Oliver made.

So, just watched this week's Flash and...

Poor Grodd :( They should have recruited him, explained (carefully) that 'father' was a bad man like Eiling, then Team Flash would have been unstoppable. How long do you reckon before Patty works it out that Barry is the Flash? His excuses with her this week were pretty bad.

Also, yet another episode without Jay Garrick. He's not a very good hero is he? "Yes, I'll stay and help you stop Zoom, but only when it doesn't clash with my other scheduled appearances." Ok, so granted, he did decide to bail out on them when they decided to press ahead with last week's idiotic plan to stop Zoom (or, according to Bort's latest prediction, aka Earth-2's Henry Allen - their eyes are very similar).

Finally, I'm liking the Hawkgirl outfit having now seen it on the screen as opposed to just in pictures. Thanks Cisco.

So there's something that's really been bothering me.

Is earth 2 further along in time than earth 1? I ask because in Earth 1, Dr. Wells only made the particle accelerator when he did because he got stuck back in time. He's not actually born in Earth 1 until far in the future. But in Earth 2 Dr. Wells seems to have been born and builds the particle accelerator at a much earlier date. So did Wells just appear earlier and Earth 2 advance quicker than Earth 1, or is Earth 2 at a later calendar date than Earth1? I'm really confused about that. 

So there's something that's really been bothering me.

Is earth 2 further along in time than earth 1? I ask because in Earth 1, Dr. Wells only made the particle accelerator when he did because he got stuck back in time. He's not actually born in Earth 1 until far in the future. But in Earth 2 Dr. Wells seems to have been born and builds the particle accelerator at a much earlier date. So did Wells just appear earlier and Earth 2 advance quicker than Earth 1, or is Earth 2 at a later calendar date than Earth1? I'm really confused about that. 

strictly speaking, dr wells was born some time in the past on earth 1, he was then killed and replaced by eobard thawne, who had come from the future. that dr wells did intend to build the accelerator, so presumably that was still going to happen. that said, thawne specifically said he wanted the accelerator explosion to happen earlier than it had in his history so the timeline is still a bit weird.

strictly speaking, dr wells was born some time in the past on earth 1, he was then killed and replaced by eobard thawne, who had come from the future. that dr wells did intend to build the accelerator, so presumably that was still going to happen. that said, thawne specifically said he wanted the accelerator explosion to happen earlier than it had in his history so the timeline is still a bit weird.

Oh yeah, forgot about that part. Still weird, but better now.