The Arrowverse

Quiver

Oh, yes!! I just finished Arrow and wow. I really, really like Captain Lance for one of the first times. I'd say this was his strongest episode yet. Oliver had some good moments too and this is really ramping up the tension for the season already.

I do really love Oliver running for mayor, and his indignation at Lance was fantastic!

Edited by ScottLeft

I do really love Oliver running for mayor, and his indignation at Lance was fantastic!

Same here. Those scenes, especially that second one, along with the one with Lance in the basement with the gun, were my favorites of this episode and probably of the season so far.

Just finished this week's Flash. normally, I wouldn't have logged back on to my computer, but I felt the need to check something. for anyone who is interested:

slight spoiler for this episode

the waitress that Cisco gets a date with at the end is

spoiler for future

Hawkgirl

Just finished this week's Flash. normally, I wouldn't have logged back on to my computer, but I felt the need to check something. for anyone who is interested:

slight spoiler for this episode

the waitress that Cisco gets a date with at the end is

spoiler for future

Hawkgirl

Definitely looking forward to see how this develops. Really enjoyable episode, loving the Earth-2 version of Wells. 

Earth 2 Wells is, as Cisco said, a dick, although the dynamic between him and Jay is great.

I thought Dr Light's outfit was brilliant, and I thought the Zoom reveal at the end of the episode was painfully obvious.

This episode also gave us some clues to the identity of Killer Frost, when she finally puts in an appearance. Either she is the Earth 2 version of Caitlain Snow, or she gains her powers a different way to your average, run of the mill metahumans (Wells' watch didn't pick her up, so she's not a meta yet). It has been said that Damien Darhk will be on both Arrow and Flash, and in the comics, Killer Frost came about thanks to HIVE, so it is my belief that Darhk is going to do something to Caitlain, and turn her into a psychopath with superpowers.

I really enjoyed the episode, and the idea of Jay being a hero who lacks fiber. I honestly kind of hope that they don't do the cliche, "oh Barry, you inspire me, and now I'm gonna be super brave too!", because it's really interesting as it is.

Harry 2, yeah, Cisco is right about him. Speaking of Cisco, he had an unnusually good episode.

I like "Parry" but, I still don't really trust her.

Loved Joe's reaction to Harry 2.

everyone's reactions to Harry actually bothered me, for the most part (though Cisco is definitely correct). Basically, they have been dealing with multiverse doppelgangers for weeks now, shouldn't be that hard to explain who Harry is...

Edited by Dunkum

My problem with Harry is that he isn't even the actual doppelganger of the RF, he's the doppelganger of the original Wells who none of them ever actually knew, yet everyone treats him like they expect him to go on a murderous rampage any second, Joe even tries to shoot him (Which is particularly stupid because it would only possibly hurt him if he wasn't the RF).

Edited by Voidus

My problem with Harry is that he isn't even the actual doppelganger of the RF, he's the doppelganger of the original Wells who none of them ever actually knew, yet everyone treats him like they expect him to go on a murderous rampage any second, Joe even tries to shoot him (Which is particularly stupid because it would only possibly hurt him if he wasn't the RF).

exactly. it should take them about 5 seconds to figure all of this out, and Cisco or Caitlyn even mentions it, but then they ignore it for the rest of the episode. Joe shooting at him, that I can understand, it was an instinctive reaction. but other than that, every really shouldn't be having such a problem with it. it just isn't that complicated

Another great Arrow episode. Constantine played a great part, and I do hope we see more of him during the rest of the season. He strikes me as being a rather handy person to have around when facing off against the magic-using Darhk.

Thought the Curtis Holt scene with all the energy drinks was funny, and yay!!! It's about time they discovered Ray is still alive.

So, that's Firestorm and White Canary in position for Legends, with Ray Palmer and Hawkgirl lined up for their proper introductions next week (at least, I assume Hawkgirl will get a proper introduction next week. It may actually take a few weeks). They just need Rip Hunter, Captain Cold, and Heatwave to round out the team, and the Legends of Tomorrow are all set to go.

And I assume/hope we'll get a Rogues episode on Flash at some point before the new series starts up. Cold has to get out of prison somehow; and his episodes are always fun. Rip Hunter probably doesn't show up until the week before the new show starts, if then. My guess is flash/arrow crossover where they help him deal with some sort of time traveling menace

Ugh!!! Laural.....why must you still be around? They're really stretching my capabilities of hating a character. I don't know if I've felt this way since Egwene.

To say something positive, Constantine was pretty cool, and I'm liking this season's flashbacks.

Now I want to go watch Constantine. :P

Wish we could get another season :(

I'm hoping this seasons Arrow fills the void in my heart that can only be filled by a truly mystical setting.

That or I guess I'll have to read a lot more.

And I assume/hope we'll get a Rogues episode on Flash at some point before the new series starts up. Cold has to get out of prison somehow; and his episodes are always fun. Rip Hunter probably doesn't show up until the week before the new show starts, if then. My guess is flash/arrow crossover where they help him deal with some sort of time traveling menace

Probably the next two weeks will be Legends set up, with Kendra Saunders this week and probably the Rogues the episode after. I can't wait for Rip Hunter though, love his character. 

Now I want to go watch Constantine. :P

It doesn't have the best start but the show gets better about halfway through. It definitely had a lot of promise though, and the worldbuilding was growing before they cancelled it. Hopefully they bring him back in a larger capacity or I'll just have to resort back to my Hellblazer comics. 

I read an internet article, which I can't seem to find so perhaps the validity is slim, that said there would be no Arrow/Flash crossovers, nor would Supergirl even acknowledge the other two shows. So I don't think there's going to be any crossovers until characters start popping up in Legends.

Also, I really have to ask, and perhaps I'll regret this. Why the Laurel hate? I'd like a serious answer please.

exactly. it should take them about 5 seconds to figure all of this out, and Cisco or Caitlyn even mentions it, but then they ignore it for the rest of the episode. Joe shooting at him, that I can understand, it was an instinctive reaction. but other than that, every really shouldn't be having such a problem with it. it just isn't that complicated

I think you're underestimating the sheer revulsion they all feel towards Eobard. It is literally the case of running into someone who looks just like your mortal enemy, a mortal enemy who knew how to Time Travel and escape death, and have to get over your feelings because it's not actually your mortal enemy. I completely understand their feelings, as well as their difficulty in accepting Harry.

This episode also gave us some clues to the identity of Killer Frost, when she finally puts in an appearance. Either she is the Earth 2 version of Caitlain Snow, or she gains her powers a different way to your average, run of the mill metahumans (Wells' watch didn't pick her up, so she's not a meta yet). It has been said that Damien Darhk will be on both Arrow and Flash, and in the comics, Killer Frost came about thanks to HIVE, so it is my belief that Darhk is going to do something to Caitlain, and turn her into a psychopath with superpowers.

I'm pretty confident (and sad) it'll be Earth Prime Caitlin. She had a couple of passing lines in season 1 such as "Ronnie and I were Fire and Ice," but this week's Flash had a particularly revealing line, where she says something along the lines of "just because you, or any one of us, gains powers doesn't mean we'll suddenly turn evil."

Major red flag.

Edited by Blaze1616

I read an internet article, which I can't seem to find so perhaps the validity is slim, that said there would be no Arrow/Flash crossovers, nor would Supergirl even acknowledge the other two shows. So I don't think there's going to be any crossovers until characters start popping up in Legends.

Also, I really have to ask, and perhaps I'll regret this. Why the Laurel hate? I'd like a serious answer please.

Well, I can't speak for Supergirl, but there's already been a ton of crossovers with Arrow and Flash. Now the DC tv shows, and the DC movies have separate canon, so they won't have crossovers unlike Agents of Shield and the MCU, which kinda sucks. Maybe what you're thinking of?

There's a lot of things about Laural that bug me. She's incredibly pouty, and I think this might be more the actress's fault than the writers. Her decisions a lot of the time are not thought out at all, which is odd for such a character who is supposed to be incredibly intelligent and an amazing lawyer. She can be very hypocritical, but freaks out when anyone else is. She tries occasionally to take other people into m ind, but it feels like most of her decisions are made mostly for selfish reasons. While she's obviously supposed to be a character with flaws, I don't really enjoy the flaws, don't agree with how she overcomes them, and can't stand her inconsistencies.

Well, I can't speak for Supergirl, but there's already been a ton of crossovers with Arrow and Flash. Now the DC tv shows, and the DC movies have separate canon, so they won't have crossovers unlike Agents of Shield and the MCU, which kinda sucks. Maybe what you're thinking of?

No, crossovers this season. Like full on, cast visits the other show, in such a way that they combined the logos like the did last season.

There's a lot of things about Laural that bug me. She's incredibly pouty, and I think this might be more the actress's fault than the writers. Her decisions a lot of the time are not thought out at all, which is odd for such a character who is supposed to be incredibly intelligent and an amazing lawyer. She can be very hypocritical, but freaks out when anyone else is. She tries occasionally to take other people into m ind, but it feels like most of her decisions are made mostly for selfish reasons. While she's obviously supposed to be a character with flaws, I don't really enjoy the flaws, don't agree with how she overcomes them, and can't stand her inconsistencies.

Though I'd really appreciate it if you added more detail, with specific examples, I'm not going to ask you to write me an essay. Instead I have only one question; you feel the same way about Thea then, yes?

I have to agree with ScottLeft Laurel is not the greatest character on the show, she is by far my least favorite. the only other character that is nearly as bad is Thea. Arrow season 3 bombed pretty badly but one of the worst decisions in my opinion was to "kill" off Roy. His character arc fell flat, it was pretty disappointing.

Though I'd really appreciate it if you added more detail, with specific examples, I'm not going to ask you to write me an essay. Instead I have only one question; you feel the same way about Thea then, yes?

For a long time I did feel that way about Thea, yes. At some point, I flipped on it though, and I really actually loved her. She does still have some of the problems Laurel does, and I do notice, but I don't mind with her. I like how Holland does her character, while I don't like how Laurel's actress does her character. I think that's what it boils down to, specifically for those two.

I also really enjoyed Thea and Roy in season three. I thought it worked well, and didn't feel ridiculous. I've been in mourning about Roy leaving honestly.

I'm pretty confident (and sad) it'll be Earth Prime Caitlin. She had a couple of passing lines in season 1 such as "Ronnie and I were Fire and Ice," but this week's Flash had a particularly revealing line, where she says something along the lines of "just because you, or any one of us, gains powers doesn't mean we'll suddenly turn evil."

Major red flag.

Huh. I took Wells' line about "We need to stop Zoom before he sends another double from Barry's life" as an indicator that he might know that Caitlin as Killer Frost in his world.