Doctor Who/Cosmere rp OOC page

Kestrel

Sure.

Okay so, what we know for sure.

Ripple is in, Honor is in, Kobald, you in? Anyone else?

Setting for the first plot: scadrial. Should I make a character log, or keep that on the first post of this thread?

Who will play the Doctor this time around and who plays the companion? We all need to agree on which companion to use, too.

Sure.

Okay so, what we know for sure.

Ripple is in, Honor is in, Kobald, you in? Anyone else?

Setting for the first plot: scadrial. Should I make a character log, or keep that on the first post of this thread?

Who will play the Doctor this time around and who plays the companion? We all need to agree on which companion to use, too.

Agh... I really shouldn't, and my fellows on the Reckoners RP will get mad at me if this delays my already-laggy posts... I'll have to think about it. Depends on whether I have an idea for a character I simply must write.

Obviously playing the Doctor will be a fairly sought-after role. I suggest either having the GM play him, having the GM select a player by some sort of tryouts, or choosing completely at random through a lottery.

I like the idea of doing Rose or Donna, Rose if we want a romance plot, heh.

Sounds good. I think we'll have openings after the Scadrial plot (cool thing about having it set on different worlds and then switching out dw characters, if someone wants to add or drop, they can with little harm to the plot)

I could probably play him, as GM, but I haven't done so in a long time and would rather play the Cosmere side.

I like the idea of doing Rose or Donna, Rose if we want a romance plot, heh.

Sounds good. I think we'll have openings after the Scadrial plot (cool thing about having it set on different worlds and then switching out dw characters, if someone wants to add or drop, they can with little harm to the plot)

I could probably play him, as GM, but I haven't done so in a long time and would rather play the Cosmere side.

Rose and Donna are both cool.

What kind of plot is being considered? Will it be a simple matter of the Doctor dropping onto Scadrial and wreaking havoc in his characteristic way? Would there be a Scadrian villain, perhaps a nobleman? Might there be some sort of rift in the Cosmere that things like Sontarans or Cybermen are using to invade the Final Empire?

I'd meekly suggest running a lottery, then. Take an inventory of everyone who's interested in playing the Doctor, then draw their names at random to see who gets to go first. Then their name gets taken out of the bag for the next plot so someone else can get a turn, and so on and so on.

Yeah, the lottery idea sounds good.

As for the plot, I was thinking maybe the Doctor stops in, but then while he and his companion are out the TARDIS gets taken. He finds a group of thieves who offer to get it back.

I was thinking about having it be stolen by a couple of Inquisitors, heh.

Yeah, the lottery idea sounds good.

As for the plot, I was thinking maybe the Doctor stops in, but then while he and his companion are out the TARDIS gets taken. He finds a group of thieves who offer to get it back.

I was thinking about having it be stolen by a couple of Inquisitors, heh.

"They stole my TARDIS. I can't believe they stole my TARDIS! Now I have to steal it back--well, I suppose I basically stole it the first time around... but this time it really is my TARDIS!"

Yeah, that sounds awesome. :D

"They stole my TARDIS. I can't believe they stole my TARDIS! Now I have to steal it back--well, I suppose I basically stole it the first time around... but this time it really is my TARDIS!"

Yeah, that sounds awesome. :D

I totally didn't just read that in Ten's voice. :ph34r:

Anyways, best of luck to y'all! :D I'd've joined, but time, and I didn't want to have to drop out... :unsure:

Kobold, you would make a wonderful Doctor, and even though we aren't voting, I nominate you. :P

Thanks. ^_^ I've got a head swimming with ideas for DW fanfictions, so stay tuned on that front. :ph34r: Are you joining the RP?

We need someone to play the Doctor, and pick what companion. We can just vote on companion. Its sort of a unanimous decision to play ten?

I think Ten is pretty unanimous, yeah. Who wants to play the companion? I'd say the player should get a stronger say in this. If the player wants to spend most of the time sassing at Scadrian noblemen, then Donna would be the obvious choice. If the player wants a more joy-driven romantic companion, Rose. If you want the best companion, I mean, uh, a strong, quick-witted fellow doctor, than Martha would be best. :ph34r:

OF COURSE I'M JOINING. *ahem* I mean, quite right.

I . .. I don't know who to vote, they're all so good. :( Maybe we should come up with a plot before we decide which companion would fit the role? 

Enthusiasm. I like it. :P

Lark suggested a plot where Inquisitors steal the TARDIS and the Doctor has to steal it back. I don't think we should script it out much more than that--RP's are best when there's freedom for players to explore new possibilities and character dynamics at will without fear of a concrete by-the-chapter storyline. In my humble experience, at any rate.

Okay . . . this sounds like something that would be cool with Tensoon involved. Of course, everything is cooler with Tensoon involved. :P

If not TenSoon, then definitely some sort of kandra. I mean, can you imagine the Doctor geeking out over one of them?

"Oh, you are beautiful. Really, you are... simple fluid invertebrate shapeshifting, am I right? Slitheen need a skin suit, Zygons need a genetic template... you just sculpt yourselves like a potter and clay, don't you? But then, if you're an invertebrate you'd need a framework to drape yourself over... ah. Donna, I think I figured out where Lord Samrial's skeleton ran off to."

If not TenSoon, then definitely some sort of kandra. I mean, can you imagine the Doctor geeking out over one of them?

"Oh, you are beautiful. Really, you are... simple fluid invertebrate shapeshifting, am I right? Slitheen need a skin suit, Zygons need a genetic template... you just sculpt yourselves like a potter and clay, don't you? But then, if you're an invertebrate you'd need a framework to drape yourself over... ah. Donna, I think I figured out where Lord Samrial's skeleton ran off to."

That line from the doctor just decided my vote. Donna. And I want that line in the RP somehow. :mellow:

Enthusiasm. I like it. :P

Lark suggested a plot where Inquisitors steal the TARDIS and the Doctor has to steal it back. I don't think we should script it out much more than that--RP's are best when there's freedom for players to explore new possibilities and character dynamics at will without fear of a concrete by-the-chapter storyline. In my humble experience, at any rate.

I'll second the vote for Donna. TARDIS getting stolen and kandra sound good. What kind of Cosmere characters do we want, besides a kandra? We're going with mostly non-canon characters, correct?

No canon characters. But a kandra would be good. I actually have a kandra character, KarTun, who I could use along my Terrisman Resool.

Those sound cool. Is Resool a Feruchemist?

I'll try to formulate a backup character plan in case someone else seizes the Doctor out from in front of me. :ph34r:

So, do you think we have everything, for the most part? Should we start this soon?

We'll need people to start submitting character profiles. Just basic info on the characters--powers and abilities, names, social statuses, that sort of thing.

Will the Doctor have gotten into the Cosmere by accident or on purpose?

Yeah, nothing too descriptive with that (we can save description for later; I myself know that I will end up never filling out lengthy forms before rp) But it would be good. I'll keep everything related to that in this thread, on the first page, which I'll revamp later.

In the rp I've done in the past, it was more of an accident. Maybe the TARDIS notices the Shards and goes "Oh, shiney!" And acts on its own.