Grubs on Patji.

MoS03

I theorize that the grub is a parasite, and actually takes over the bird, and grants the powers. The sDNA of the bird forms how the power is expressed (much like metals). And, that there's a shardpool on Patji where all the birds converge. Discuss!

That's not a Shardpool, as there are no Shards on First of the Sun. I'd call it a "Splinterpool", but I doubt that's the correct term. I'm pretty sure Leester's interpretation is fairly accurate; it's more a symbiotic relationship than the parasite "controlling" their host. 

Wait, I was under the impression that the only Shardless world we've seen has been Shadows for Silence.

I can see how it could be just the bird. I think that thought was from the tamed birds not fitting in very well with the wild ones.

• 3 months later...

The tamed ones don't fit in very well with the wild ones, similar to how a human living in the wild doesn't fit in with people from the homeland. It's a social issue. They've become too dependent on human interaction.

And I don't know for certain if it has a shard or not, but it might be close enough to a world that DOES have one that First of the Sun could feel the effects.

• Chaos locked this topic