What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

Currently working on a reread of Kekkaishi vol 10-33 and I'm going to figure out some way to read the last few volumes so that I can finally get some closure and such for possibly my favorite manga yet.

In Pratchett news, I'm about half way through Equal Rites and am going to have to figure out whether to read Reaper Man or Witches Abroad next. I'm thinking Reaper Man because I've been waiting to read that one for a LONG time.

Also re-listening to The Phantom of the Opera. Love the musical, love the book, should really try some of Lerounx's (spelling...) other works.

I am on the third book of The Cycle of Arawn and glad I am nearing the end. I just want to finish it at this point. It is not a bad story I just cant seem to get in to the characters at all. 

Thinking of starting WoT. 

Oh and I read The Carpet Makers which I thought was awesome and haunting. 

Edited by StormingTexan

I'm looking at maybe starting Pratchett. Now apart from Discworld, which other series would be a recommended start?

Gerald Morris' The Squire's Tale series. It's absolutely fantastic, and I very very rarely rave about books.

I just finished rereading The Ballad of Sir Dinnadan, which is part of the series and references events in the other books, but you don't need to read any of the others in order to understand Dinnadan. It works as a great introduction to the series, which is a retelling of Arthurian legends from the point of view of some of the less famous or unmentioned characters (like Sir Dinnadan, and Sir Gawain's squire, the title character). The series is absolutely entertaining, although in a different style than discworld, and definitely grants appreciation of Arthurian legend and mockery of those who told it.

Finished Guards, Guards! by Terry Pratchett. I have mentioned before that I had read some Pratchett books about a decade ago, and that was apparently long enough for me to forget which ones. Well, Guards, Guards! was one of them, and I was as delighted to read it again as I was when I read it for the first time (probably more so, actually, because my original read was a translation, and much of Pratchett's play on words is lost there). 

I am now quickly making my way through Men at Arms, another book that rings some bells. 

I'm really struggling with Reaperman. It's really more a Wizards boom than a Death one, and suffers because of it.

I chugged through two hundred pages of Feet of Clay, the last night watch book I haven't read I think, and am quite enjoying returning to good old Sam and Carrot.

I'll go to bat for them.  I maintain that Eye of the World and The Great Hunt are the worst and second worst in the series respectively (The Dragon Reborn, conversely, is maybe the best).  it gets a bit dicey again around book 7 or 8 (paranoid emo Rand is unbearable) then picks up again around 11 or 12 for the finish.  but I have honestly never understood the opinion (that I've heard from a coupel people) that says Crossroads of Twilight is the worst.  it just isn't that bad.

finished Gardens of the Moon.  thought it was pretty good, so I will have to locate the rest of that series, and my library is not very useful for that.

after that, reread New Spring, since I found it for cheap at a used book store recently.

currently on to Empire in Black and Gold.  only just started but it is interesting.

finished Gardens of the Moon. thought it was pretty good, so I will have to locate the rest of that series, and my library is not very useful for that.

after that, reread New Spring, since I found it for cheap at a used book store recently.

currently on to Empire in Black and Gold. only just started but it is interesting.

Keep going. Malazan is a true treat. Keep going Apt is a great treat. I'm currently on bk 9 and just wow. So fun.

Now about WoT..... Your nuts!!!