What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

It's generally a book people like in varying degrees. I don't know if I've talked to anyone who is actually unhappy about it.

I finished Django Wexler's The Price of Valor and was very happy with it. If only I could stop thinking about it as The Prince of Valor...

Now I am working on Queen of Fire by Anthony Ryan. I don't expect to like it very much (the middle book, Tower Lord, was a step back from the already mediocre Blood Song), but it's the last one in the series and I can't bring myself to leave it unread.

I too read "The Price of Valor" as "The Prince of Valor".

Regarding, Blood Song, I agree it is not upto the level of Rothfuss, which I think the author tries (my opinion only). But now, having read one book, I don't want to leave the series at that. 

Well alright then, I guess I'll be getting back to The Naked Sun. I also finished Thief of Time, and boy did it remind me of why I love Pratchett. Definitely one of his better books.

Still haven't finished Flash....

Going to give Towers of Sunset, second book in the saga of Recluse, another go. It's one of modesitts books that are incredibly hard to get sucked into for a long time, but I hope that I can chug through it so I can get to the more interesting books in the series.

Regarding, Blood Song, I agree it is not upto the level of Rothfuss, which I think the author tries (my opinion only). But now, having read one book, I don't want to leave the series at that. 

I wish I felt like this. I am about 40% into the third one and it's a slow read. Yes, it's a big book, but I just can't get invested in the characters, which usually means that I read it as a chore.

finally finished going through World of Ice and Fire, and have moved on to a coupel books by Guy Gavriel Kay.  finished The Last Light of the Sun and am currently going through The Lions of Al-Rassan.  highly recommend both, as well as Tigana by him. 

Finished Towers of Sunset, second book in the Saga of Recluse. Storms, I get now why people think Modesitts writing is bad. If you start with Recluse is pretty storming awful. His later books definitely are far above that *shudder* Not that Modesitt ever becomes a Rothfuss, or even a Sanderson.

I think you must be the first on here to think that the Felurian section of 'a wise mans fear' is "pretty great". I myself enjoyed it bur not many did. I actually thought there were many significants parts with in it. But that's really a discussion for another forum.

there are some backstory/mythology parts of it that are decent, as i recall.

Just finished the republic of thieves. I enjoyed the it as much to say I just enjoy the feel of the world and characters created by Scott Lynch, the humour he uses is very much to my taste. The way it ended though for me was a bit... meh. But if there is to be 7 books in the series then I guess there's plenty room for more Locke!