What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

I tried reading the first book, but lacked the motivation.

P.S. *Tries stealthily to retrieve Eerongal's cookie from Trendkill*

The first book takes a little bit to get going, but once it does, it's fantastic. I recommend giving it another try.

P.S. *Rolls a natural 20 on his Spot Check, thus seeing Emeralis trying to take the cookie*

The first book takes a little bit to get going, but once it does, it's fantastic. I recommend giving it another try.

P.S. *Rolls a natural 20 on his Spot Check, thus seeing Emeralis trying to take the cookie*

I will try.

*tries to take the cookie anyway*

I just finished reading A Game of Thrones. For the most part I really enjoyed the book, although after the major mystery of the murder is revealed, I felt the book kind of lost some of what made me want to read it. And there was still about a quarter of the book to go. But overall, it surprised me and I'm looking forward to reading the next book.

For now though, I've had the urge to reread The Way of Kings. And then after that I may reread the Harry Potter series.

I just finished Mr. Monster by Dan Wells (like you don't know who it's by), and will be moving on to I Don't Want To Kill You tomorrow. Once I finish that I'll read my mom's book that she's been wanting me to read and critique. I've been wanting to, but I'm really eager to jump into the Brandon part of my reread. Also, she's gone a little nuts with the revisions.

I just finished a quick (3 days) read through of Elantris, yay for Brandon <3...and I just bought Gardens of the Moon (Stephen Erikson) and Matter (Ian M Banks) to keep me occupied for the next few weeks I guess... lol

I just picked up Wizard of Earthsea yesterday and finished it about five minutes ago. I really thought it was a pretty good book. I was unsure going in, but I was pleased. I think I am becoming a Le Guin fan. :/ Anyway, it reminded me a lot of Name of the Wind.

I'm not enjoying Matter....seems like there's just too many names, which is weird; I read scifi/fantasy so I kind of expect there to be lots of names, but something about Matter is not sitting well :\

Years ago I read the first 2 Dune books - Dune and Dune Messiah, then found the 4th and 5th for cheap and picked them up, thinking the 3rd would be easy to find later.

Oh how wrong I was. For whatever reason, the 3rd book in the Dune series (Children of Dune) is extremely hard to find, short of ordering it on Amazon - which I was determined not to do. It would be like cheating, see? A challenge had been issued, a gauntlet thrown down, and I rose to the challenge! So yeah, years later, today, I found Children of Dune at Half-Price Books. But now I don't remember much along the line of character names and plot lines in the first two books, so it's looking like it's reread time :D

• 3 weeks later...

I am right now rereading The Eye of the World to prepare for A Memory of Light. I read/listened to the audiobooks all of the WoT books when I heard Brandon was going to be finishing them but it's been so long that there is a 3-4 book gap in the middle where the plot gets fuzzy in my memory so I decided to reread them all before the last one comes out.

Currently reading:

Time of the Twins, Dragonlance Legends Volume 1, by Tracky Hickman and Margaret Weis. I got the third one, Test of the Twins, from Tracy at the Killer Breakfast at CONduit, so I have to add these to my already bleak goal. It's pretty good so far even though I'm only like five chapters in.

Eldest, by Christopher Paolini. Not much to say here. Not enjoying Roran's storyline quite like I remembered, then again, the same can by said for the whole book.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Really liking this one, of course. It's probably my second favorite HP book after Deathly Hallows, you can see all the plotlines weaving together. She's very good at that. Thing she's not so good at? Adverbs.

The Golem's Eye. This one is probably the one I'm taking the slowest, not sure why, it's really good.

I recently had a long plane ride in which I finished both Clockwork Angel (the steampunk prequel to the Mortal Instruments) and Incarceron.

I was kinda dissapointed actually. There's nothing that's really wrong with them, but I just feel like they're immature. I never really connected with any of the characters. The "big reveals" and "plot twists" weren't exciting, sometimes I saw them coming and other times I just didn't care.

I feel like these are books that I might have enjoyed a few years ago, actually. But Brandon ruined them with his amazingness of course. I keep waiting for the awesome reveal or the magic systems to get fleshed out and they just don't.

I did just start the Pendragon series, and so far I'm impressed. The first few chapters have me hooked, and I care about the main characters already. It's not super sophisticated either, but it's fun to read.

I am reading now "The Way of Kings" from a guy named... how it was? Sanderson or something close :P

Not heard of that guy, is he any good? :P

oh and my 8 more Malazan books arived, *prepares bookshelf* :D