What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

What am I currently reading? Aw snap...

Lessee here... Codex Alera: Captain's Fury by Jim Butcher (Awesome!), Hero of Ages (More Awesome!!), Romans for Dummies (Intellectual!), just because I'm a geek like that, and about four more issues of Popular Science that arrived in the mail today and were hopelessly late. Plus, I have True Grit to read when I get done with these.

Oh, and the all-important Zombie Survival Guide. Just in case the radiation turns the Japanese into zombies.

• 2 weeks later...

No. What is it and is that link the whole book?

It isn't really a book, it is a fan-made supplement to World of darkness, a role-playing game, but it has really interesting world building.

(I was mostly curious to see if anyone other than me knows of it, but I didn't think it needed its own topic.)

EDIT: yes, it is the whole thing.

Edited by Emeralis00

I am such a procrastinator. XP

List of books I have finished for the EPIC REREAD (not in order):

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

The Seventh Tower: The Fall

The Seventh Tower: Castle

The Seventh Tower: Aenir

The Seventh Tower: Above the Veil

The Seventh Tower: Into Battle

The Seventh Tower: The Violet Keystone

Servant of a Dark God

The Fellowship of the Ring

Dragons of a Fallen Sun

The Meq

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Titan's Curse

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Battle of the Labyrinth

I Don't Want To Kill You

Yeah, I'm a madman.

I'm going to read IDWTKY again with the others so I can get the full trilogy back to back, just to get a better sense of continuity.

LotR and War of Souls (which Dragons of a Fallen Sun is the first book of) are my chapter-a-day books, since they're effing LONG.

I'm going to finish off the last Percy Jackson book tonight. This is the only series that's in the reread that I don't actually have any books of (except Servant of a Dark God, which was a victim of opportunity), since I'd read all but the last one and wanted to finish it.

I might read Sorceror's Stone again (maybe) when I get to reading the series FO REALZ.

I'm also reading the sequel to The Meq, called Time Dancers, then after that I'll read the third one, which I haven't read yet and am REALLY EXCITED FOR. There are Soviet Spies! *squee!*

Edited by Silus - Shard of Flame

just received Rothfuss' in the mail, along with Canavan's Age of the Five (and The Magicians Apprentice) and The Obsidian Trilogy. They'll probably last a while since I'm gonna try and concentrate on studying >.> lol

I'm reading...no, wait, I'm not reading anything right now. I have about 5 audiobooks to finish yet before I get to read anything else. >.>

I'm LISTENING to The Way of Kings right now, as well as Mr. Monster by Dan Wells. I have over half of WoK finished, it's all downhill from here, I hope, because I have a bookreading goal this year and can't afford to dilly-dally around. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished I Don't Want to Kill You, by Dan Wells. Holy crap, that was amazing.

I KNOW, RIGHT!?

I've been having trouble keeping up with my reading goal because I have other things I have to do, but I've been doing okay, I guess. I doubt that I'll make it by my birthday like I originally intended, but that's okay. I'll do a summary of that later.

I finished Name of the Wind a few days ago, and I must say I really enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed that the book never really got out of "laying the groundwork for the rest of the series" mode but Kvothe's personality kept me reading. I'm probably going to wait until Wise Man's Fear comes out in paperback to read that one because I like having my books all in one format. I can be very OCD about my books...

Until then, the new Game of Thrones TV series has piqued my interest and before I start watching that, I'd like to read the book and I'm currently a little over 80 pages into it. It's actually surprised me and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I like having my books all in one format. I can be very OCD about my books...

Hehe me too, but some books are just too good to not have straight away, like the last three WoT books >.> I tried waiting, but caved about 5 months in XD

Ya'll have excellent taste :) I read "Pillars of the Earth" a few years ago, and it's really quite incredible. It almost defies criticism, it's just such a massively ambitious work. It's not my favorite book by any means, but very memorable.

At the moment, I'm actually reading "Knife of Dreams". This is in fact my first read-through of The Wheel of Time. I am taking my time in the extreme, since I know once I finish "Towers of Midnight" the waiting will be exquisitely painful.

Ya'll have excellent taste :) I read "Pillars of the Earth" a few years ago, and it's really quite incredible. It almost defies criticism, it's just such a massively ambitious work. It's not my favorite book by any means, but very memorable.

At the moment, I'm actually reading "Knife of Dreams". This is in fact my first read-through of The Wheel of Time. I am taking my time in the extreme, since I know once I finish "Towers of Midnight" the waiting will be exquisitely painful.

Is that the same Pillars of the Earth that the TV series is based on? I've never seen/read either but I've been interested.

Wheel of Time is wonderful and I would definitely encourage you to continue taking my time. I got caught up a few months ago and it's killing me. Possibly very literally killing me...