Chaos

What Are You Reading, Part 2

6,051 posts in this topic

I'm reading the Skyward series, I got the first three books. I'm having a bit of trouble getting into a readers mindset though. Eh, I'll get around to it eventually.

Mostly just waiting for Lost Metal to come out, then I'll have to wait longer because I live in Australia, all the while doing my best to avoid any spoilers because I want a (mostly) fresh read through.

I know this isn't realated to the book I'm currently reading, but should I read the malazan trilogy? Some people say it's really good, but I've heard a few people say that it's kind of confusing. I'm not a very "experienced" reader compared to the people at my schools book club btw :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Cone Slice said:

I know this isn't realated to the book I'm currently reading, but should I read the malazan trilogy? Some people say it's really good, but I've heard a few people say that it's kind of confusing. I'm not a very "experienced" reader compared to the people at my schools book club btw :rolleyes:

I think you should probably try, but if it's hard or dense or whatever, just set it aside for a later time. 

3 hours ago, Cone Slice said:

which trilogy would that be?  I get 2 results when I google it; and of course the Malazan Book of the Fallen series is 10 books not a trilogy but is also where my mind goes first on any reference to Malazan

Currently reading The Right Stuff, a book about the Mercury space program that my dad loaned me.  So far, it's quite good - very compellingly written.

Reading Michael Crichton’s Jurassic Park and Scott Smith's novelization of the Ruins

They did not f around

Sheesh

Brutal

somehow missed that The Lost Metal was out for a full week, so just picked that up and started in on it yesterday evening

I finished The Right Stuff, which was good all the way through.  I've never read much about the Mercury program, so it was really interesting.  I'm not done with my space kick, so now I'm reading Failure Is Not An Option, which is about Mission Control at NASA at least through Apollo 13, I'm not sure how far it goes.

I read The Lost Metal too, on Sunday.

No idea what will be after Failure Is Not An Option.

Yeah I bought Lost last week but I do think I’m just going to reread 1-3 1st.

Will probably do that after I reread Night Angel 1-3 which I plan on starting once I get to WoT 8 Path of Daggers. Actually scratch that.. I ll start when I get to WoT 9 Winters Heart. PoD is my least favorite WoT so I need to get done with it asap and not be reading two books during it taking that much longer to finish it.

Just checked out Eye of the World a few hours ago from the library :D

Gonna start it tonight woo!

it's a thick boy i can't wait

Picked up a Batman comic book today, Urban Legends Volume One.  It was a fun read, though I'm definitely still confused on the reading order for these things.

Next up, at least two Jeff Wheeler novels and continuing Failure Is Not An Option.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Just finished Wingfeather. Made me cry. It was so good.

I just started the fourth book. Emotional ride, commence.

Locklands, the final Founders Trilogy book. So far it's been really good. Shorefall was great but this is looking to be even better. 

Finished my rerereread of WoT 7 and onto 8. Still plan on starting a reread of Night Angel once I get past 8 and am on WoT 9. Must finish 8 asap.

Recently read Scythe by Neil Schusterman.  I liked it more than Unwind, mostly because my brain doesn't want to record scratch and skip over anything in Scythe.  I also started the Murderbot Diaries, and quite enjoyed the first one.

Next up is Winter's Heart, and next week I'll start my annual LOTR Christmas reread.

Reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Finally finished Winter's Heart, and now I'm moving on to miscellaneous items such as Shakespeare's Julius Cesar, Murderbot Diaries: Artificial Condition, and a book about castles.

I've been reading Return of the King (LOTR) and it's been taking forever. I normally like the deep descriptions, but it's started to get a bit annoying. I probably need a break. :lol: 

I'm currently steadily moving through Shards of Earth by Adrian Tchaikovsky, and liking it quite a bit more than most of the epic sci-fi I pick up.  I'm not sure if it's the writing style, or just how the world is treated, but I'm having an easier time clicking with it.

I just started Jurassic Park. I like it more than the movie so far, but they're pretty similar.

Ain’t been here in a bit. My plan was successful and I got through WoT 8 quickly for me before I got to Night Angel 1 reread. Doing it and WoT 9 and I’m in the final stretch of both of them and moving on to the next ones.