What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

Technically listening to it but I’m almost done with the Sons of Ares that’s a prequel to the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. Don’t really have the money to listen to many Graphic audio productions but there are only two out right now and found a good deal. I love how immersive the production is and it’s interesting finding out more about Fitchner and how he got to the point where we met him in the original series. It’s still going to be awhile until we get the next book in the series so it’s nice to get these and revisit the worlds(s) I will keep buying them as long as they keep producing them.

My head is currently spinning because I just read Siege and Storm in one go.  Not bad.  I've also finished A Crack in the Edge of the World, so now I'll move onto The Girl From Shadow Springs by Ellie Cypher, and Dustborn by Erin Bowman.  I honestly have no idea what they're about, beyond pretty vague summaries, but the covers were super pretty, so...

Finished Dawnshard. I paced myself by reading a couple chapters a night and not blow through it. This book shows why Rysn is a great character and one of Brandons best ones.

I wonder when we’ll see the other three Dawnshards and if they’re on Roshar or on different planets.

The sleepless don’t freak me out like they do for some, probably because I like weird creatures like them.

I’m really hoping Brandon keeps the whole Lopen speaking the ideals in a non-action worthy way going for the fourth and fifth ideals.

Going to restart ROW which I attempted back in November but I wasn’t in the right headspace to read it, I was so burned out and depressed from work so reading war stuff didn’t help and the sudden timeskip took me out of the story in a bad way. Then when it became obvious it was starting to reference stuff from Dawnshard, looking at you Cord and your new shardplate, I had to set it down for later.

2 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Started listening to The Blade Itself in audio book from the beginning. 

I couldn't stand the narrator myself.

I just finished the Lies of Locke Lamora, so I started the second book.

Re listening to Master of Sorrows by Justin Call to prepare for Master Artificer which just came out. This is shaping up to be a amazing series that nobody is really talking about. You know from the first words of the book (a prophecy) that the main character is supposed to become this Dark Lord and he is likable enough so it’s about his journey to get there. I love it when authors invert tropes in interesting ways. The magic school aspect, prose, and leisurely pace remind me a bit of Name of the Wind. I personally feel these books so far is better but for some reason some books get really popular and some don’t. 

In a bit of Gaunt’s Ghost burn out despite loving it so I’ve put it as my minor daily read and picked up Dreamblood Omni as my main as of last night and I really needed it I realize. I’ve made some descent progress in just one day vs only being able to read 3 or 4 pgs a day the last few weeks on Gaunt.