What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

I promised a friend I'd read her current favorite book in exchange for trying Mistborn, so I'll be reading The Inquisitor's Tale sometime soon hopefully. 

Other than that, I've been really enjoying Boom! Comics' Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers run. I just finished Shattered Grid, which was...whelming. I was expecting something more than I got, but I wasn't disappointed either. Maybe there were some crossovers I was missing? I'll have to reread it sometime. Anyways, the comic is great for those who want all of that good Power Rangers feel but don't want to deal with the '90s stuff either. 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
12 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Oh, really? Huh, I haven't heard of those before. I'll find them!

I have the physical copies, you didn't miss an ending to the old characters stories; you don't need to worry. It has new characters and ties up some old threads.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
5 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Ooh, sounds cool. So you'd recommend them?

Yes, they focus on music quite a bit, which you seem to like, so I think you'll like them too.

12 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

The Warrior Heir, followed by The Wizard Heir and The Dragon Heir.

Hey, I thought truthless was reading this... Anyway, I have all the books and those books are pretty good, but the last 2 books aren't nearly as good, (In my opinion) I didn't like the characters as much and the story wasn't as interesting to me. But, they are good books and you should read them, at least once.

Edited by Ookla the Bored

9 hours ago, Ookla the Bored said:

Hey, I thought truthless was reading this... Anyway, I have all the books and those books are pretty good, but the last 2 books aren't nearly as good, (In my opinion) I didn't like the characters as much and the story wasn't as interesting to me. But, they are good books and you should read them, at least once.

Yes, I've read them before. :)

52 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

You didn't like Oathbringer? Is there a specific reason?

Watch out folks, here comes the Fan Police! ;)

Stay cool, act normal:ph34r:

I really enjoyed Words of Radiance, and it created considerable amount of expectations for Oathbringer. Those expectations were mostly frustrated, so I was disappointed immensely with Oathbringer. 

Some specifics: when it became a Dalinar book instead of a Szeth book. 

Also Odium being a cartoonishly villainous antagonist instead of mostly being a force of nature like he was in Words of Radiance. 

Just now, Ooklara said:

Watch out folks, here comes the Fan Police! ;)

Stay cool, act normal:ph34r:

I really enjoyed Words of Radiance, and it created considerable amount of expectations for Oathbringer. Those expectations were mostly frustrated, so I was disappointed immensely with Oathbringer. 

Some specifics: when it became a Dalinar book instead of a Szeth book. 

Also Odium being a cartoonishly villainous antagonist instead of mostly being a force of nature like he was in Words of Radiance. 

Nope, much worse. The Grammar and Spelling Police!

And that's all right. Everyone's got an opinion, and I won't tell you that yours is wrong. I think Brandon wanted to save Szeth for later, or maybe he's just not enough of a main character. Even if he should be. :)

12 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

making steady progress through RoW now that I have been able to actually concentrate on it, but today I got an email that my request to my library to get a digital copy of Dawnshard went through, so now RoW is on pause so I can do a quick read of Dawnshard

Not sure how far you are in RoW but there’s only a couple tie in comments of Dawnshard that I can remember and I believe they happened fairly early on in RoW so you could easily get away with reading it after. 

2 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

Not sure how far you are in RoW but there’s only a couple tie in comments of Dawnshard that I can remember and I believe they happened fairly early on in RoW so you could easily get away with reading it after. 

pretty sure I'm already past them - I definitely saw a few mentions of things that I recognized as being dawnsard references.  but its also a library thing.  I think they automatically lent me dawnshard when they got it, so i have a time limit on it.  i'm already half way through, so it isn't a huge diversion.