What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Is Dune clean?

The first book I’d say yes. There’s some violence but no language or explicit sex. Pretty much everyone is addicted to a substance called spice which is pretty central to the story so if you are sensitive to drug use that may not be considered clean. 

Some of the later books do contain some fairly explicit sex scenes. 

Just now, StormingTexan said:

The first book I’d say yes. There’s some violence but no language or explicit sex. Pretty much everyone is addicted to a substance called spice which is pretty central to the story so if you are sensitive to drug use that may not be considered clean. 

Some of the later books do contain some fairly explicit sex scenes. 

Okay, thanks. I was thinking of getting it for my younger cousin, but I'll find something else. Maybe Steelheart would suit her better. :P

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Okay, thanks. I was thinking of getting it for my younger cousin, but I'll find something else. Maybe Steelheart would suit her better. :P

Not sure how young she is but the themes are kind of heavy. Probably wouldn’t be appreciated by someone too young. It does have a good overcomes evil (oppressive) message in my opinion at least in the first book. 

1 minute ago, StormingTexan said:

Not sure how young she is but the themes are kind of heavy. Probably wouldn’t be appreciated by someone too young. It does have a good overcomes evil (oppressive) message in my opinion at least in the first book. 

Oh, sounds cool. Themes... in Dune or in Steelheart?

9 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Yes! Has she read any Sanderson before?

9 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

Dune. Steelheart loved the first two books! Last one not so much but lots of other people liked it. For sure fun read though for any age. 

I loved Steelheart, Firefight was good, and Calamity was good except for one part which I think you know.