What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

Iron Gold

Some people are not as impressed with Browns sequel trilogy but in my opinion it’s better than the original. One of favorite character is the Minotaur of Mars who you will meet in Iron Gold. He has limited screen time but steals the scene whenever he appears. Can’t wait for you to read Dark Age. That book is just insane...imagine Golden Son on steroids.

edit: Havnt you been reading Blood and Bone for about 15 months? Seriously bk you need to switch to the audiobook if it’s given you this many problems. Banks is a fantastic narrator and you’ll be done in a week.

Edited by Ammanas

Listening to RoW but reading The Providence of Fire by Staveley part of the Unhewn Throne trilogy. I remember I loved the first book but didn’t like the ending of the trilogy, but it’s been so many years I can’t remember much about this series or why I felt that way. I’m basically reading this for the first time because I’m remembering nothing besides hive reptile monsters. Anyways yet again I’m highly impressed with the first book Emperors Blades. I started reading this again because I noticed the author has a sequel series in the same world coming out next year.

Today was my first day working from home. What does that have to do with reading? Well, where I work you can't take a lot of stuff with you, so among basically everything you can't take books or your phone. But at home that restriction doesn't apply so today I just read a big chunk of Dawnshard during my shift and it, along with the rest of my TBR should progress a lot faster now. I think I'll finally put some more attention on my Harry Potter reread and I'll go back to Wheel of Time. But first, I'm glad this happened just before RoW. Now I'll be able to dive in it most of the day as soon as I get it.

22 hours ago, Dunkum said:

finished Fire on the Mountain, and now waiting, mostly patiently, for ROW.  did check the tracking and it looks like it is in my city as of today, so hopefully it comes out to me tomorrow.

Alas, it is not to be.  slightly frustrating, since the post office received it yesterday morning, and it is literally a 10 minute drive away.  well, maybe tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That's so annoying! I would hate that. Ours still hasn't come yet.

I re-checked the tracker this evening and it looks like its been moved out to a different post office in a differet state????  maybe i'm not reading it right, I don't know, because it makes 0 sense to me.  it did say expected delivery Saturday, so I can be patient that long....it would just help to understand why.

11 hours ago, Dunkum said:

I re-checked the tracker this evening and it looks like its been moved out to a different post office in a differet state????  maybe i'm not reading it right, I don't know, because it makes 0 sense to me.  it did say expected delivery Saturday, so I can be patient that long....it would just help to understand why.

Apparently ours is shipping now, so I'm hoping it will arrive today. It can be so confusing.

57 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Halfway through Dawnshard. Guys, I'm crying. It's not like a depressing book or anything by any means so far but gosh, there's this one scene around 50% of the book that just hits hard.

(posting this here because I'm afraid to enter the dedicated subforum) 

There were a few things in this book like that. There also some mind blown moments towards the end. 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
On 11/21/2020 at 7:55 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:

Ahhh. I recently finished my reread of that, finishing with Tien jumpers, which is my favorite book in the series. 

My library only has the first and third one : ( (this websites sad emoji isn't sad enough) it takes forever for me to read them all, I might reread them eventually.