What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

Phew Battle Ground is getting good in the page 100+ range. The more of it I read the more pissed off I get though that the book was split. Thankfully we didn’t have to wait the old normal Butcher year for next one but you will still have an uphill battle convincing me this spilt was necessary.

17 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Phew Battle Ground is getting good in the page 100+ range. The more of it I read the more pissed off I get though that the book was split. Thankfully we didn’t have to wait the old normal Butcher year for next one but you will still have an uphill battle convincing me this spilt was necessary.

the 2 really are basically a single book for all intents and purposes.  Most Dresden books seem to go 1. Dresden is in way over his head 2. after several life threatening encounters and some investigation he works out the culprit 3. climactic fight against said culprit.  Peace talks is basically steps 1 and 2, and Battle Ground is basically entirely step 3.

I just finished The Oath, by Frank Peretti, which is a Christian supernatural thriller.  Probably not the best way to describe it, but it's the closest I can get.  It's better than I thought, considering that I don't usually read thrillers.

And I started Ivanhoe, am 200 pages in, and loving it.

16 hours ago, Briar King said:

Considering PT/BG came up to around 750 pages altogether, I think they could (and should) have easily done it in one book. Butcher has released 650+ page books before, and our dear Branderson scoffs at books of a mere 750 pages (which are still bound in one volume)

I just finished reading the visual novel Remember11 last night and I'm not really sure how to put into words how much I enjoyed it. It's something that in the moment, I felt somewhat disappointed by the ending, but over the past day I've grown to appreciate it, and I'm sure I'll appreciate it a lot more with time

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Yeah... sorry. It just bugs me.

If you'd like me to stop, just let me know and I'll try.

Best to start trying now. People can get upset if they put in a bit of effort to type something on the internets and the response they get is something like: 

"*You're"

One thing you can do is engage with the content of the post as well as include your correction. So something like: 

"*You're ;)

I also find that particular volume of ancient lore shallow and pedantic, though not for the same reasons you mentioned!"

The key thing to keep in mind is that people are generally looking for engagement when they post on forums, not editorial services. So if you provide the latter, at least also provide some engagement as well. 

5 minutes ago, Orlion the Platypus said:

Best to start trying now. People can get upset if they put in a bit of effort to type something on the internets and the response they get is something like: 

"*You're"

One thing you can do is engage with the content of the post as well as include your correction. So something like: 

"*You're ;)

I also find that particular volume of ancient lore shallow and pedantic, though not for the same reasons you mentioned!"

The key thing to keep in mind is that people are generally looking for engagement when they post on forums, not editorial services. So if you provide the latter, at least also provide some engagement as well. 

Good to know. Thanks!

Finished Treasure Island. Didn't expect a book for children so it was an interesting surprise. My knowledge about children books of the time amounts to the Alice duology, so it's nice to see something like this. Didn't understand like half the language though. 

Speaking of Alice, I just reread Alice in Wonderland. What a good book, it's just fun and hilarious from beginning to end. Starting a Through the Looking-Glass reread while I'm at it.