What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

On 31/01/2011 at 0:00 PM, Chaos said:

Jim Butcher, Small Favors.

I finished this yesterday!  Now I'm reading the short story The Warrior.

The bit where Michael says 

Spoiler

What happened to your blasting rod?

Wow! :-O

Edited by Snorkel

3 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:
The joke where Rand, Mat, and Perrin all think that the others are better with girls than they are started out pretty good. Now it's starting to become a bit overused. 

Robert Jordan? Overuse phrases and motives?! That thought infuriates me! You can't see me, but I'm smoothing out my skirt in frustration! 

35 minutes ago, Orlion the Platypus said:

Robert Jordan? Overuse phrases and motives?! That thought infuriates me! You can't see me, but I'm smoothing out my skirt in frustration! 

I’m over here tugging my braid while folding my arms under my breast. 

Edited by StormingTexan

17 hours ago, Orlion the Platypus said:

17 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

I’m over here tugging my braid while folding my arms under my breast. 

I'm a little slow, cautious in thought really because I don't want to hurt anyone with my tremendous strength. It's like a locksmith's puzzle...

Right now I'm reading A Fine and Pleasant Misery by Patrick F. McManus. It's a collection of funny, sarcastic stories about hunting, camping, and outdoor life. I would recommend it both to the most fanatical outdoorsman or the laziest couch potato.

Edited by revelryintheart

3 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

I've just started reading Game of Thrones, so we'll see how that goes. The TV show seemed a bit gory for my liking, but so far (500 pages in to book 1) it looks really good.

Be warned that the books are no less gory, and probably more sexually explicit.
And the wait for the final books could be a very long time, if they're ever finished.

Just, if those are important to you before you get too invested.

8 hours ago, Snorkel said:

Be warned that the books are no less gory, and probably more sexually explicit.
And the wait for the final books could be a very long time, if they're ever finished.

Just, if those are important to you before you get too invested.

Thanks for the advice! Does it get a lot worse after the first book?

Finished Grave Peril's audiobook. Can I just say that I'm really sick of every female ally either not being in the book much (pretty much all the ones introduced per book except for Murphy and Susan) or doing stupid things and not listening to Dresden at all (Murphy and Susan). The one werewolf girl from the second book is the only one that is neither. I really hope that the next books have females that actually do things that aren't really stupid and just put them in danger for no reason

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

2 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Finished Grave Peril's audiology. Can I just say that I'm really sick of every female ally either not being in the book much (pretty much all the ones introduced per book except for Murphy and Susan) or doing stupid things and not listening to Dresden at all (Murphy and Susan). The one werewolf girl from the second book is the only one that is neither. I really hope that the next books have females that actually do things that aren't really stupid and just put them in danger for no reason

it gets better, but if memory serve it takes a bit.

Good, I hope it does. I'm enjoying the series, but man, does seeing these people make such massive mistakes for no little reason and not doing enough to bounce back from it (like Harry himself does, dude makes a lot.of mistakes but his aren't nearly as obvious and he always makes up for it) I can see getting old very quickly.