What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

In an attempt to fill the void after the Stormlight reread, I started Naoki Urasawa's manga Billy Bat. Urasawa is a big one for me, my favorite story-teller ever along with Brandon (not fantasy though, his specialities are grim thrillers), and this was one of the few series that I hadn't read yet. At volume 6 now (of 20) and, despite a somewhat disoriented beginning, it's already amazing.

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

I finished the Moontide Quartet 4 today, and I am actually satisfied by the ending. It was surprisingly good.

I already have the next one at home, sunsurge Quartet 1, and I hope the author doesn't ruin what he created so far.

I like the art of your avatar.  Who is it by/what's it from, if you happen to know off-hand? 

I am finishing The Hero of Ages and re-reading The Witcher saga by Andrzej Sapkowski. The Witcher is my fifth re-read, as it always belonged to my favourite series.

And yes! I love the Lightbringer, it's heavy in number of pages but very easy to follow :)

Edited by Kualo

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Has anyone read the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks? I've finally finished the Cosmere and looking for my next fantasy fix!

Yes it’s good. It’s one of the series/authors most here recommend when someone ask what else to read after finishing Brandon’s books. It’s also going to be a complete series with the 5th book about to come out shortly. 

2 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

Yes it’s good. It’s one of the series/authors most here recommend when someone ask what else to read after finishing Brandon’s books. It’s also going to be a complete series with the 5th book about to come out shortly. 

I always felt like it should have been 7 books because of the whole color motif.

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

So I've finally decided on reading the Lighbringer series by Brent Weeks, any fans??

Yep I like Lightbringer and final book is coming out next month so your just in time. 

I’ve tried his Night Angel series a couple times and can’t get in to it but Lightbtinger is solid and will feel comfortable to a Sanderson fan. 

6 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

Yep I like Lightbringer and final book is coming out next month so your just in time. 

I’ve tried his Night Angel series a couple times and can’t get in to it but Lightbtinger is solid and will feel comfortable to a Sanderson fan. 

Awesome, I think I'll give this a shot then. Heard some good things, especially from Sanderson fans, so can only hope!

I love Gavin from Lightbringer. He is a character that no one can overlook and even if he is so powahful, he is likeable. I read all the released books in one month, even having a lot of work IR. Some of the things in the series may surprise you in real Sanderson way.

19 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Currently rereading The Blinding Knife to prepare for the last one. The Burning White is supposed to be massive. I think it will be almost a thousand pages. Also we will be getting a new Abercrombie this month so that’s another one to look forward to

Yeah really looking forward the the last book and how he wraps it all up. Not sure if you've read the first two Licanius Trilogy books but the third and final is coming out in December so lots of good stuff over the next couple months (while we patiently await another cosmere book)