What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

Modern Waste, from Company of Thieves' second album. So so so good :) A bit obscure too, which is good for my inner indie snob. Gotta throw him a bone every now and then. Otherwise he gets cranky. Nothing worse than a cranky hipster. Anyway, yes, Company of Thieves. Probably my favorite band.

I can't believe I missed this post. Company of Thieves is awesome.

I'm listening to: Metallica-...And Justice for All (just the song, not the whole album, which is amazing by the way)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really into House of Heroes right now. God Save The Foolish Kings and Code Name: Raven are my favorites right now.

God Save The Foolish Kings is apparently about gang violence somewhat.

Code Name: Raven is about a French spy in WWII.

Tell me those aren't awesome premises for songs!

Also, Silus, you get upvotes because I'm wearing a Tobuscus shirt right now. And he is awesome. It's apparently MmNavy Monday

• 1 month later...

Try the Epic Rap Battles of History. They are on youtube. They are short 1.5 - 2 minutes long. These are done by comedians where characters from history and fictional characters have a rap off.

The main guy doing it goes by the name 'Nice Peter'.

There are 15 on his nice peter page and 2 on this new page with more coming out

www.youtube.com/ERB

Note: This is not work safe. The songs have some cursing. Its not that bad. Here are my favorites:

Darth Vadar vs. Adolf Hitler (there are 2 and Hitler gets served)

John Lennon vs. Bill Oreilly

Gandalf vs. Dumbledore

Mr. Rogers vs. Mr. T

Shakespeare vs. Dr. Seuss

Sarah Palin vs. Lady Gaga is not very good.

OMG, I was so confused at the beginning of this clip. THe song is so catchy, though! I love it! And the video is adorable. <3 I wish I lived in a musical. I really do.

Also, in the beginning, did anyone else hear "the Quidditch squeeze" instead of "the credit squeeze"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't even remember how I stumbled on to these, but I've been listening to

and
all day. I'll spare y'all the embeds since I'm sure quite a few of the members around here have heard them already. ;)

Edit: Learn to spell before posting, Feather. Are you trying to type like Roxy?

Edited by FeatherWriter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No one's posted here since May? Okay, let's fix that. I've been listening to awesome swing music all day. Specifically, this:

http://aqualuxury.tumblr.com/post/20785043069/swangyothang-a-lush-hour-long-housey-swingy

Which the original post described as "A lush hour-long housey, swingy, electroswingy, boompty kinda musical treat!" I particularly liked one of the songs a ways in called "Vive le Swing" (because seriously. French swing music, what's not to love?) Here's that one: