What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

Muse. Anything by Muse. They've been releasing some new songs in their "Will of the People" album, and almost every single one of their songs if phenomenal. 

Please tell me I'm not the only Muse lover here? But if I am, the rest of you have homework, especially if you like alternative rock/hard rock type music. 

Some of their best songs are: "Muscle Museum," "Starlight," "The Void," "Knights of Cydonia," "Mercy," "Sing for Absolution," and "Won't Stand Down."

Some other bands I like are Dream Theater (which is mostly metal and hard rock, similar to Rush and Metallica) and Two steps from Hell, (Which is instrumental music that sounds like it should be in movies or movie trailers.) 

Edited by Bondsmith-Edgedancer

4 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

Muse. Anything by Muse. They've been releasing some new songs in their "Will of the People" album, and almost every single one of their songs if phenomenal. 

Please tell me I'm not the only Muse lover here? But if I am, the rest of you have homework, especially if you like alternative rock/hard rock type music. 

Some of their best songs are: "Muscle Museum," "Starlight," "The Void," "Knights of Cydonia," "Mercy," "Sing for Absolution," and "Won't Stand Down."

Some other bands I like are Dream Theater (which is mostly metal and hard rock, similar to Rush and Metallica) and Two steps from Hell, (Which is instrumental music that sounds like it should be in movies or movie trailers.) 

I do like Starlight! Maybe I'll finally take the plunge and check the rest of their stuff out.

46 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

I do like Starlight! Maybe I'll finally take the plunge and check the rest of their stuff out.

I would definitely recommend it. Maybe they'll turn out to be not your type of band, but I hope you'll find something good. :) 

25 minutes ago, Firerust said:

Two Steps From Hell's newest album Myth, woot woot!

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Edited by Bondsmith-Edgedancer

38 minutes ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

I would definitely recommend it. Maybe they'll turn out to be not your type of band, but I hope you'll find something good. :) 

I hope so too! I expect it might turn out similarly to how I feel about the Killers--overall not for me, but with an album or two that I really enjoy.

(I've put on Black Holes and Revelations to start and remembered that yes, I do like this album at least!)

4 hours ago, Firerust said:

Two Steps From Hell's newest album Myth, woot woot!

Oh, there's a whole new album?  I'll have to look into that.

Discovered a new genre, at least, for myself.  The genre being filk, or essentially space shanties.  I think there's also a lot of fantasy ones, but I haven't gotten to those yet.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Two of my favorite cover artists released Top Gun: Maverick main theme covers today, so I've been listening to those.  The Patrik Pietschmann one actually sounds like something I might almost be able to play, though I probably won't.

Ooh, Patrik did a cover of the Maverick score? Be right back...

The music's one of the things I loved most about that movie. I didn't care about it either way before watching it, but the music had me hooked from the first note and didn't let me go 'til the lights came back on.

Just now, Slowswift said:

Ooh, Patrik did a cover of the Maverick score? Be right back...

The music's one of the things I loved most about that movie. I didn't care about it either way before watching it, but the music had me hooked from the first note and didn't let me go 'til the lights came back on.

I haven't even watched the movie, I just vibe with the theme, it's great.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been aware of the fact that Blind Guardian has a Silmarillion concept album for a long time, and even tried to listen to it a couple years ago, but didn't finish.  Well, yesterday I listened through the whole thing, and wow, these guys are good.  I'm not a huge metal fan, but I'm really enjoying their music.  They actually have a lot of songs inspired by different fantasy stories and I think science fiction as well.  It's neat.

11 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I've been aware of the fact that Blind Guardian has a Silmarillion concept album for a long time, and even tried to listen to it a couple years ago, but didn't finish.  Well, yesterday I listened through the whole thing, and wow, these guys are good.  I'm not a huge metal fan, but I'm really enjoying their music.  They actually have a lot of songs inspired by different fantasy stories and I think science fiction as well.  It's neat.

Yeah, they have two songs about Wheel of Time as well! Also a lot of Stephen King, Michael Moorcock and the likes.

The next album coming in a few months will have a song called "Damnation", so let's hope for the best :D

Edited by Elegy

Mid-year Music Update from last month, partially updated:

Most Listened To: "Survivor" by Desiigner, "Numb & Getting Colder" by Flume, "Elevate" by Papa Roach, (several Polyphia songs, as mentioned later on), "Blasphemy" by Bring Me the Horizon, "Castles" by Paper Idol

Best Vibes: "I Ain't Worried" by OneRepublic, "Dreamland" by Glass Animals, "Ah Yeah," by Robert Glasper, "Sleepy Tea" by Chon, "Castles" and "Clouds" by Paper Idol, "Earl Gray" by FN

Most WTF???: "Storm" by Otyken, "Hide and Seek" by Polkadot Stingray, "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" by Glass Animals (NOTE: This category means that I didn't know what on earth was going on during my first listen. Rest assured that I thoroughly enjoy all three songs listed here.)

Focus Band - Polyphia with "G.O.A.T." "OD," "Goose," "Nasty," "Playing God," "40oz," and now "Neurotica" (Glass Animals is in second place with "The Other Side of Paradise," "Dreamland," "Space Ghost Coast to Coast," and "Tokyo Drifting.")

Best Remixes: "One Step Closer" by 100gecs, "Watashi Igai Watashi Ja Nai No," by PARKGOLF, "Toxic" Y2K Remix by Brittany Spears

This Week's Songs: "Bad For You" by Vicki Vox and "Neurotica" by Polyphia

Top Music Introducers: Steezy's Dance Channel ("Baguetti," "Coldblooded," "Light Switch," "Ooh Kill'em," "Indigo")

Edited by Use the Falchion

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 3:34 AM, Robin Sedai said:

The Logical Song, by Supertramp.

Such a good song!

So after listening to a bunch of the songs from his album, I finally did it, I bought the digital download of Will Wood's The Normal Album, and let me tell you, it does not disappoint. Every song, every single one, is a freaking gem!

I'm going to call it, right now, this is the best song of the 2020's, I know what you're saying, "Wow, not even two years into the decade, and you're already calling the best song of the decade?" and you know what I say to that, "You better believe it!". Without further adieu, here is "Okultra (The Black Box Warrior)" By Will Wood, from the soon to be platinum album, The Normal Album (which you can buy for only $7 for digital download):

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite band just dropped their new album! Favorites after the first listen are Cut the Cord, Reason, and All Our Pieces. We'll see if anything changes once the album settles a bit more.

But ahhhh! I'm so happy. :D It's been three years since their last--which was supposed to be a double album, but that got axed somewhere along the way. I'm glad it's finally here!

On 8/11/2022 at 11:00 PM, Slowswift said:

Favorite band just dropped their new album! Favorites after the first listen are Cut the Cord, Reason, and All Our Pieces. We'll see if anything changes once the album settles a bit more.

All right, I've decided. My favorite track is Undone, with All Our Pieces and Just Looking Around coming in just after it. Hnggghhh I love this album