What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

On 7/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, Just a Lifetime said:

I bought this Emily Davis single back in May and still have it on daily rotation--possibly because it references my favorite poem.

That one is still getting some cycles---along with the follow-up singles Semicolon and Mitosis---and I figured I should mention here that I just backed the band's Kickstarter to fund a full second album including the five singles they put out over the course of this year.

1 hour ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I haven't been able to stop listening to The Oh Hellos 'Soldier, Poet, King'.  If anyone knows of songs with a similar vibe, let me know!

I love that song so much. I also like "Thus Always to Tyrants" by The Oh Hellos but I don't know if it has the same exact vibe. But it does make me feel like going on a magical adventure or something.

8 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

I love that song so much. I also like "Thus Always to Tyrants" by The Oh Hellos but I don't know if it has the same exact vibe. But it does make me feel like going on a magical adventure or something.

Yeah, I listened to 'Thus Always to Tyrants', and that has more of a quest vibe, but it's still good!

On 11/11/2020 at 0:43 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

I haven't been able to stop listening to The Oh Hellos 'Soldier, Poet, King'.  If anyone knows of songs with a similar vibe, let me know!

Yes!! Someone with good music tastes! Anything by the Oh Hellos has a similar vibe, the Eurus album is definitely my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 2:41 PM, FriarFritz said:

Boyz in the Sink

Reveal hidden contents

Brownie points to anyone who recognizes the name

HOLD UP.

I friggin love Boyz In The Sink, their hit single is AMAZING, although their follow-up didn't quite meet my expectations.

Spoiler

Hats off to those who know what their follow-up was.

On 11/24/2020 at 0:57 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Of Monsters and Men

That's a name I haven't heard in a LOT time. I think since Punk Goes Pop...

On 11/24/2020 at 0:57 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Mumford and Son

Thistles and Weeds is a phenomenal song!

I've been playing a lot of Persona 5 (vanilla), and I've heard this remix at a place recently. I really dig it!

Listening to this before I play the game this Christmas...or maybe a little sooner... (my brother-in-law's PS5 won't come in until next week...)

I found this happy tune a few mornings ago as I watched someone take 100 hours to make lasagna. I'll stick with Natasha's Kitchen's recipe thank you very much! But the song as a sort of spring-summer chill to it, despite its wintery name. I could see myself listening to it on a cold March day, while the sun shines and melts the snow. That ethereal time between the pristine snow and the mud and slush that follows... It also reminds me of Pokemon Sun and Moon, so I'm happy with it. 

MuteMath's first CD is one of my favorites of all time, but I haven't really followed them since their second full album. This popped up on my YouTube feed a few days ago and I've really enjoyed it!

Bringing back this old favorite! It's one of my favorite Utada songs, and I need to rebuy it sometime. I remember first listening to this with a sort of Kingdom Hearts AMV. Since then it always struck me as weird that this song was never a theme song for a Kingdom Hearts game. Don't get me wrong, I adore Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, and have been listening to the former a LOT this month, but still. Then again, seeing as this song was a tribute of a tragedy in Japan, I can see why they don't use it. 

Speaking of AMVs, I've been listening to this old favorite for a while. I never found the soundtrack, since the duo wasn't that popular, but I've always wanted to buy it to have a hard copy of the song. 

I already mentioned Kingslayer a few weeks ago, but here are some BMTH and Linkin Park mixes I've been really enjoying these past few months.

And pure Linkin Park

Distilling it even farther, some Mike Shinoda

Lastly, I discovered a new J-Rock band to adore. They're called Band-Maid, a pun on the fact that it's an all-girl rock band who dress in maid cafe outfits. That fact was very weird to me. At first I thought it was just a thing for the music video I saw. And then I saw a second one with them in the same outfits. And then I looked it up and saw it was intentional (the founder had previously worked at a maid cafe and wanted to juxtapose that sort of aesthetic with the rock band she was going for). And they're awesome. 

I'm still discovering a LOT of their discography, but I have a feeling I'll be splurging on it all very soon. Their song "Mirage" may be my new outro to The Way of Kings too. (Sorry Aimer!) "Dominion" reminds me a lot of Coldrain's "Final Destination" too. (If you like BMTH and the screaming songs of LP's discography, you'll like Coldrain)

Honestly there are far more things I need to check out: The entirety of Bring Me the Horizon's full album, Hayley William's new (ish) album, Red latest album in full (I only have The Evening Hate EP), Ariana Grande's new stuff (...and buy Dangerous Woman...), Coldrain's new(ish) album, and so much more. And there are so many artists sounds I need to discover. I need a band that sounds like VersaEmerge, and an artist that's like Elle Varner...y'all, I need to do some digging...

Edited by Use the Falchion

I'm just vibing to some good old SABATON. I'm not typically a fan of their genre of music, however, I'm a big Military History Buff, and I absolutely believe that these guys are modern Bards, telling us the tales of all but forgotten heroes and struggles. The guys in the band are quoted to have said something along the lines of there being too many people who are being forgotten for us to make up new stories, we should remember those who came before us instead of fantasying. There's a feeling to these stories from history that they invoke, I suggest that you check them out at least once. If you listen to the music, do yourself a favor and quickly check out the history behind the song that you're listening to.

Ask me for recommendations if you want, I'm fairly familiar with their repertoire.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:35 PM, The Ookla's Guard said:

I'm just vibing to some good old SABATON. I'm not typically a fan of their genre of music, however, I'm a big Military History Buff, and I absolutely believe that these guys are modern Bards, telling us the tales of all but forgotten heroes and struggles. The guys in the band are quoted to have said something along the lines of there being too many people who are being forgotten for us to make up new stories, we should remember those who came before us instead of fantasying. There's a feeling to these stories from history that they invoke, I suggest that you check them out at least once. If you listen to the music, do yourself a favor and quickly check out the history behind the song that you're listening to.

Ask me for recommendations if you want, I'm fairly familiar with their repertoire.

WHEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!! (My friend showed me them a few months ago, and the next day I saw them on Reddit. It was hilariously fortuitous.) 

Anyways, Band-Maid just came out with a new music video and song today, and it's GREAT. 

• 2 weeks later...