What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Wholeheartedly agree, but you have to include Show Yourself and the regular Into the Unknown too.

See, the problem with those is that Idina Menzel is singing them. I'm not really a fan of her singing voice; plus, she is singing way out of her range. 

Feel free to disagree with me.

15 hours ago, FriarFritz said:

See, the problem with those is that Idina Menzel is singing them. I'm not really a fan of her singing voice; plus, she is singing way out of her range. 

Feel free to disagree with me.

No, I kinda have to agree with that, but when I sing them, it's in my singing range because I can reach pretty dang high, so I sound good and feel good.

18 minutes ago, Condensation said:

No, I kinda have to agree with that, but when I sing them, it's in my singing range because I can reach pretty dang high, so I sound good and feel good.

That's cool. How high can you sing, out of curiosity?

(It's kinda funny; in the PatD version, the (male) singer sounds better than Elsa on the high notes.)

On 8/12/2020 at 2:01 PM, FriarFritz said:

That's cool. How high can you sing, out of curiosity?

(It's kinda funny; in the PatD version, the (male) singer sounds better than Elsa on the high notes.)

Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Crickey, write this down... Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow!

One does not simply sing better than Idina Menzel.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Crickey, write this down... Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow!

One does not simply sing better than Idina Menzel.

*Expression of Honest Doubt (or possibly Looking at You in a Funny Way, if I may be so bold)*

In all seriousness, that's fine, tastes can differ. I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that many people overrate her singing abilities because all her songs in the Frozen movies are really well written and orchestrated.

And now I present an offering:

Level of Concern never-ending music video

Normally I'm not one to listen to Christmas music in August, but I've recently gotten into the Lower Lights, and they're just fantastic.

Also, I've been enjoying the Killers' new album, Imploding the Mirage, and Erasure's newest, The Neon, over the past week or so. (Re)discovered Sky Sailing somewhere in there too, upon recommendation from my sister.

Edited by Slowswift
Fixing the timeline

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Danex said:

Literally anything with Ben Folds. This guy is awesome. Specifically his solo album Rockin’ The Suburbs. It’s really really good. Haven’t found a song I don’t love on that album. 

I know only a few of his songs (mainly from Over the Hedge), but honestly all of them are so good. Still might be my personal favorite, either the reprise or the actual version. Do you have any specific recommendations? 

On 9/27/2020 at 7:05 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I know only a few of his songs (mainly from Over the Hedge), but honestly all of them are so good. Still might be my personal favorite, either the reprise or the actual version. Do you have any specific recommendations? 

I literally didn’t see this til now =P

His solo album Rockin the Suburbs is really really good. There’s only like 2 songs on that album that I don’t adore. 

I also like his most recent song, 2020. It has a nice melody and is quite funny imo, but it does drop the f-bomb once so language warning ig.

Edited by Danex

Listening to Sufjan Stevens' new one for the second time right now. It's a nice record. Definitely tame though. I'd consider it one of his lesser main solo releases. The title track (The Ascension) is a gem though - such a beautiful song. It sounds like an electronic take on the minimalistic, melancholic song-writing style of Carrie & Lowell. It also reminds me of Mercury, which is another one of his most moving songs of the last years, in my opinion.