What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

I spent a little bit today listening to the band Arch Enemy.  Some heavy metal.  I don't normally go for this type of metal (that gutteral yelling type) but I kinda liked it.  Took a bit of getting used to, but I felt like there was a bit more harmony to the singers voice than the usual that I've heard from this type.

For a while there it was A R I Z O N A, a band I discovered after they were featured on Tim, Avicii's last album (the song is called Hold the Line and it's one of my favorites from said album). I found and loved GALLERY and some of their other music. 

Now, however, it's the album Alder Lane Farm by the Sweet Tea Project! The STP was started by Ed Roland, the frontman for my favorite band (Collective Soul). Their first album from a few years ago had some good songs, but was overall meh in my opinion. This second one though is amazing! It actually came out two years ago, and I'm frankly embarrassed it took me this long to find it and listen to it. :P 

13 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Now, however, it's the album Alder Lane Farm by the Sweet Tea Project! The STP was started by Ed Roland, the frontman for my favorite band (Collective Soul). Their first album from a few years ago had some good songs, but was overall meh in my opinion. This second one though is amazing! It actually came out two years ago, and I'm frankly embarrassed it took me this long to find it and listen to it. :P 

Is it the same style as Collective Soul, or different?

(And what's your favourite song of Blood?)

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Is it the same style as Collective Soul, or different?

(And what's your favourite song of Blood?)

It’s a bit different, more country/folk-ish. I believe the genre is called Americana? (At least that’s how Apple classifies it.)

As for Blood, asking me to choose my favorite song is like asking me to choose my favorite finger. It’s just not that easy. :P It really depends on my mood — right now, I’d have to choose between Observation of Thoughts or Big Sky. :) What’s yours?

Edited by Slowswift

1 hour ago, Slowswift said:

It’s a bit different, more country/folk-ish. I believe the genre is called Americana? (At least that’s how Apple classifies it.)

Hmm... well I'll give them a try I think. But I'm not sure if that suits me.

As for Blood, asking me to choose my favorite song is like asking me to choose my favorite finger. It’s just not that easy. :P It really depends on my mood — right now, I’d have to choose between Observation of Thoughts or Big Sky. :) What’s yours?

It depends. At the moment it's Good place to start, sometimes Crushed or Observation of Thoughts. But it changes from time to time.

On 9/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, Sorana said:

Hmm... well I'll give them a try I think. But I'm not sure if that suits me.

It depends. At the moment it's Good place to start, sometimes Crushed or Observation of Thoughts. But it changes from time to time.

No worries if they're not your thing! The Sweet Tea Project has a rather different sound. It just so happens that like that sound, at least when Ed Roland is behind it. :P (He does sing most of the songs, but a few are by another member of the band. I don't mind; I like his voice too, but it's something to be aware of.)

Good choices! All three of those are amazing. :D My favorites shift as well (another one I adore is Right as Rain).

No worries if they're not your thing! The Sweet Tea Project has a rather different sound. It just so happens that like that sound, at least when Ed Roland is behind it. :P (He does sing most of the songs, but a few are by another member of the band. I don't mind; I like his voice too, but it's something to be aware of.)

they aren't mine. That's too far frwom my usual taste of music! :lol:

2 hours ago, Kualo said:

Dead Can Dance's Anastasis CD. Children of the Sun is such an enchanting song.

That it is---though, by coincidence, I listened to People of the Sun last night, and that's what popped up in my mind upon reading the song title.  Similar name, slightly different vibe...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...