What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

Purson - The Bitter Suite

If anyone needs to replace one earworm with ten others I recommend the entire album. You may not think the songs are all that catchy, then you find yourself humming the them without thinking.

Purson are sneaky like that :ph34r:

65daysofstatic- Wild Light

full of variety, hard rock beats, eerie drones and spidery melodies, this is an Alt. Rock album, with instrumental songs, combining traditional guitar/drums/bass with synth and samples, as well as many interesting other sounds (no spoilers!) And speaking of spoilers, the album almost has a story to it, only there if you know what you're looking for. There are 2 main arcs, climaxing once in the middle and again in the last song, whose plinking piano gives the feeling of the album dying away, and yet it is resurrected in its final moments with a boom of synth so power it shakes you to the core. A must listen 

p.s this band is doing the music for No Mans Sky!

I've got Pandora's "Today's Christmas" radio playing now.

Yep, I'm that weirdo.

(To be fair, I'm trying to write Christmas music before Christmas arrives. Also to be fair, that's not why I'm listening to it. I just like it, and it helps keep my depression at bay.^_^)

jW

Ok random question for you, @Jondesu... Is the J in your name pronounced like the J in jar or the Y in yellow? Ever since I heard Brandon say Jasnah's name with the yellow consonant I question my pronunciation of any unfamiliar word spelled with a J.

Also I like to listen to Christmas music year-round too. :)

Edited by Sunbird

4 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Ok random question for you, @Jondesu... Is the J in your name pronounced like the J in jar or the Y in yellow? Ever since I heard Brandon say Jasnah's name with the yellow consonant I question my pronunciation of any unfamiliar word spelled with a J.

Also I like to listen to Christmas music year-round too. :)

J as in jar. My real name is Jonathan. :)

jW

On August 6, 2016 at 9:03 PM, mattig89ch said:

Picked up a few songs from amazon, along the lines of techno swing.  Started a new overnight job, and I have nothing to do for most of my nights off.  So I'm thinking of starting to learn swing dancing, from youtube videos.

Swing dancing is a Lot of fun. I took a class in the spring, and I loved it. It was a great series of dates too :D

On 8/10/2016 at 2:29 PM, ScottLeft said:

Swing dancing is a Lot of fun. I took a class in the spring, and I loved it. It was a great series of dates too :D

I bet.  Trouble is, I don't wake up till 4 in the afternoon, and go to sleep at 7AM.  So actually taking a class, is out for me.

8 hours ago, Patar said:

Was recently introduced to Sigur Ros. Don't have a clue what they're saying, but damnation is it good!

Some of the lyrics are in Icelandic, but a good deal of their songs don't actually have any real lyrics. They just sing sounds that sound like words but have no actual meaning. So depending on the song you're listening to, chances are, no one has a clue what they're saying.