What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Pretty Reckless' new album, Going to Hell, which is very good. Listened a few times now. I looked into the "official" critic ratings and noticed something which has always been a n interest of mine: the critic's scoring is significantly lower than most people who aren't "official" critics. This is something I noticed that happens with everything: people who aren't getting paid to criticize something are more likely to enjoy something and like things. It's almost like they get money, and suddenly they don't like things, which is a shame since Going to Hell is an excellent commercial rock album. 

It's a source of interest to me because I'm extremely critical of everything I interact with, but it usually leads me to liking things.

The album is excellent because, although it is not marketed as such, it is basically a blend of blues rock, post-grunge vibes, and these are used to establish a nice take on alternative rock. 

I like to pick a handful of albums from either new artists, or artists I am unfamiliar with, at the beginning of each day, and that is what i listen to while I write. And sometimes i pick recent albums that I really liked, but haven't heard very many times. So after this I'll be giving Pale Emperor another listen.

I'm also excited to get to Epica's Quantum Enigma finally, and I know Dragonforce had a new one that I somehow missed. And it wasn't originally on my list, but I've been considering putting back on Deftones' new one. I want to badly listen to Gary Hughs' Once and Future King parts I & II, but I'll probably have to wait until after I'm finished. I definitely want to get to them today, though.

as if no one is listening to Alesana's new album Confessions. Absolutely insane. And based off Madeleine L’Engel’s A Wrinkle in Time book series. Basically time travel.

If you don't mind heavier sort of stuff, it's amazing.

This just got put on tomorrow's list with Gaga/Bennett's Cheek-to-Cheek, animals as leaders' Joy of Motion, and Forgotten suns' When Worlds Collide. I'll have to check out Alesana: tomorrow's a good day for that. Oh, and Kamelot. My friend said I would like them, but that he didn't lol. So, two new bands tomorrow.

This just got put on tomorrow's list with Gaga/Bennett's Cheek-to-Cheek, animals as leaders' Joy of Motion, and Forgotten suns' When Worlds Collide. I'll have to check out Alesana: tomorrow's a good day for that. Oh, and Kamelot. My friend said I would like them, but that he didn't lol. So, two new bands tomorrow.

Haha i hope you like Alesana! i love the music but it's also what they write about that i love! and lyrically i think they're great. The newest album is about the book series a wrinkle in time, the album before that was Dante's Inferno, the album before that was of an Edgar Allan Poe story, and 2 albums before that was Greek Mythology and Brothers Grimm tales. So they all have great stories in every song! haha

Incase you're also curious, their last 3 albums were a trilogy using 2 characters over the 3 albums. but using the above stories as the background. The Annabel Trilogy