Transformers

Quiver

Well... any Transformers fans? By which I mean, fans of any part of the franchise; the cartoon's, the comics, the toys, or even the movies.

Personally? I got into the series because of the 1986 movie; I was too late to enjoy the G1 cartoon, so for years, that was my gateway into things.

(It's alwso why I'm kind of a fan ofthe Transfrmers that film introuced, like Ultra Magnus).

I watched some of the anime's (which weren't veyr good), forgot about it... and then the Bayformer films came out.

And... they are bad movies. I won't deny that. But... I actually rather liked the first one when it came out, so that got me back into the franchise again.

I've been in-and-out of it ever since. I recently finished watching Transformers Prime which- while a bit too movie-inspired for certain characters, and with an unusual rebranding ins eason three- I actually really liked!

(I've started watching Robots in Disguise and... I like it less.)

Any other fans on the Shard?

I'm old enough to have watched the G1 cartoons and owned the toys. My favourites were the Dinobots, and Soundwave (especially Ravage and Razorbeak - loved seeing them in the movies).

For the most part, I enjoyed the movies, although there were several facepalm moments throughout the series. Being fair though, I think they did that mostly deliberately, they had a very tongue in cheek feel.

I have two massive criticisms about Age of Extinction.

The Dinobots are barely in the movie, but were used as a major part of their advertising campaign.

And...

Optimus Prime suddenly remembering he could fly.

I am rather curious to know how they are going to do Transformers 5, what with Optimus Prime leaving Earth at the end of the movie.

I have two massive criticisms about Age of Extinction.

The Dinobots are barely in the movie, but were used as a major part of their advertising campaign.

And...

Optimus Prime suddenly remembering he could fly.

I am rather curious to know how they are going to do Transformers 5, what with Optimus Prime leaving Earth at the end of the movie.

I had the same complaints, particular the second one

Rewatching it though, whenever Optimus draws the sword, it look's like it reformat's him a little? It's subtle, but... the "armor" around his hands shifts a little bit. I think the implication is that , when he draw the sword, he got rocket boots too... though Primus only knows why it worked that way.

Still, I agree; optimus leaving the planet is interesting. I kind of like it- I am so sicke of Bay!Bumblebee by now that I'll leave the solar system to get away from him- but it's kind of a surprise, what with Galvatron being reborn and all. My theory is that, either Optimus will touch down on earth at the start of 5, Galvatron will follow him to space... or maybe Optimus will come back in 6 and find the planet slaving under Decepticon rule?

Frankly... I'm okay with them going for an actual trilogy of films, which is why I don't mind that the lore wasn't totally explored in Age of Exinction... but they had better have a plan for this, rather than just leaving plot holes and loose ends everywhere.